Pet Peeves

ctandc72

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
With all respect to truck drivers, they are using the road as a privilege. None commercial users have a right to the road.

I expect a higher standard from them.
No offense - there are plenty of bad truck drivers sure - but as someone who had a CDL, and someone who regularly tows trailers with sometimes heavy loads, most drivers are CLUELESS when it comes to basic Physics.

Try towing 5K pounds behind you, actively trying to keep out of the way of faster traffic and keep good following distances, and constantly getting cut off by drivers who think that I can stop like a F1 car.

Advertisement

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
With all respect to truck drivers, they are using the road as a privilege. None commercial users have a right to the road.

I expect a higher standard from them.
Not sure if I understand this correctly. Are you stating that interstates are for cars only?
Interstates are designed and built for commerce and transportation. This includes motorcycles, automobiles, trucks. Neither is more privileged.
The New Jersey turnpike has a separate truck lane, but guess who is always on it screwing the truckers up.

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if I understand this correctly. Are you stating that interstates are for cars only?
no he was dealing with the abstraction legal notion of personal Freedom of Movement by whatever customary means of the day is enshrined as a right, while commercial activity is regulated and revocable. It would carry slightly more weight if the percentage of ass-hat "liberty" drivers didn't severely outnumber the irresponsible commercial actors.

sk47

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Been thinking some more about the "zipper merge" thing from a few posts ago. On reflection I do that move my self. I just do it well before the lane to be closed is actually closed. In fact a lot of people do "zipper" into the open lane just as I do.
It is those who wait the the very last that cause a problem. I always thought the point of having merge sign miles in advance was to get people a chance to merge safely and with plenty of time.

AceS550

Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
When at a red light or any other reason for stopped vehicles, people who stop their vehicle so that their window lines up with your window. These people may also creep forward if you do. These drivers are the equivalent of bathroom users who select the urinal next to you, despite having many other choices.

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
people who stop their vehicle so that their window lines up with your window
oh come on, it's FUN to stare at them, only to glance away as soon as they turn their head, then stare at them even more intently. Then make silly faces. If opposite gender, a call to 911 might ensue so be mindful. :)

Last edited:

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
When at a red light or any other reason for stopped vehicles, people who stop their vehicle so that their window lines up with your window. These people may also creep forward if you do. These drivers are the equivalent of bathroom users who select the urinal next to you, despite having many other choices.
EnhwXngVcAMmdyB.jpg

OP
The Demon

The Demon

Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need For Green GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
oh come on, it's FUN to stare at them, only to glance away as soon as you turn your head, then stare at them even more intently. Then make silly faces. If opposite gender, a call to 911 might ensue so be mindful. :)
1620407758864.png

CJJon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; Been thinking some more about the "zipper merge" thing from a few posts ago. On reflection I do that move my self. I just do it well before the lane to be closed is actually closed. In fact a lot of people do "zipper" into the open lane just as I do.
It is those who wait the the very last that cause a problem. I always thought the point of having merge sign miles in advance was to get people a chance to merge safely and with plenty of time.
Merging early is the wrong way to do it.

1620408620353.png

coz0502

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
No offense - there are plenty of bad truck drivers sure - but as someone who had a CDL, and someone who regularly tows trailers with sometimes heavy loads, most drivers are CLUELESS when it comes to basic Physics.

Try towing 5K pounds behind you, actively trying to keep out of the way of faster traffic and keep good following distances, and constantly getting cut off by drivers who think that I can stop like a F1 car.
I see this all the time and am waiting to see a trucker rear end them. Most often its when people cut in front of a truck approaching a light that has just gone red. Now I understand why, trucks are slow to accelerate and they don't want to be stuck behind them. But do these people realize how long it takes a truck to stop with a heavy load and they are slowing down early because of this? Probably not, and these same people would be quick to sue when they do get hit.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 grabber blue GT PP1 convertible
I gave up my CDL because of that. I was stuck in rush hour traffic doing about 25-30 mph with a load on the flatbed trailer. I was about 75K total and every time I would back off to maintain safe following distance, some jackwad would slide into the gap and I had to backoff again. An Ohio state trooper saw this whole thing going down and decided to pull me over. When I confronted him and told him the other drivers were at fault, he said "I know, but we get more money out of ticketing you" In the end I found another job, turned in my CDL and went back to a regular license. And I fought the ticket in court and won.

kz

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
https://www.dot.state.mn.us/zippermerge/ <--- read this please.

People that merge at the very last aren't the problem, problem are the people that do not let them merge in because they merged half a mile early and are on their life mission to keep "assholes" out of the only lane that goes ahead. Generally problem can be summarized that people cannot drive.

Advertisement

63 - Late Model Restoration - 2

Advertisement