The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
oh come on, it's FUN to stare at them, only to glance away as soon as you turn your head, then stare at them even more intently. Then make silly faces. If opposite gender, a call to 911 might ensue so be mindful. :)
1620407758864.png
Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; Been thinking some more about the "zipper merge" thing from a few posts ago. On reflection I do that move my self. I just do it well before the lane to be closed is actually closed. In fact a lot of people do "zipper" into the open lane just as I do.
It is those who wait the the very last that cause a problem. I always thought the point of having merge sign miles in advance was to get people a chance to merge safely and with plenty of time.
Merging early is the wrong way to do it.

1620408620353.png

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
No offense - there are plenty of bad truck drivers sure - but as someone who had a CDL, and someone who regularly tows trailers with sometimes heavy loads, most drivers are CLUELESS when it comes to basic Physics.

Try towing 5K pounds behind you, actively trying to keep out of the way of faster traffic and keep good following distances, and constantly getting cut off by drivers who think that I can stop like a F1 car.
I see this all the time and am waiting to see a trucker rear end them. Most often its when people cut in front of a truck approaching a light that has just gone red. Now I understand why, trucks are slow to accelerate and they don't want to be stuck behind them. But do these people realize how long it takes a truck to stop with a heavy load and they are slowing down early because of this? Probably not, and these same people would be quick to sue when they do get hit.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Try towing 5K pounds behind you, actively trying to keep out of the way of faster traffic and keep good following distances, and constantly getting cut off by drivers who think that I can stop like a F1 car.
I gave up my CDL because of that. I was stuck in rush hour traffic doing about 25-30 mph with a load on the flatbed trailer. I was about 75K total and every time I would back off to maintain safe following distance, some jackwad would slide into the gap and I had to backoff again. An Ohio state trooper saw this whole thing going down and decided to pull me over. When I confronted him and told him the other drivers were at fault, he said "I know, but we get more money out of ticketing you" In the end I found another job, turned in my CDL and went back to a regular license. And I fought the ticket in court and won.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Hello; Been thinking some more about the "zipper merge" thing from a few posts ago. On reflection I do that move my self. I just do it well before the lane to be closed is actually closed. In fact a lot of people do "zipper" into the open lane just as I do.
It is those who wait the the very last that cause a problem. I always thought the point of having merge sign miles in advance was to get people a chance to merge safely and with plenty of time.
https://www.dot.state.mn.us/zippermerge/ <--- read this please.

People that merge at the very last aren't the problem, problem are the people that do not let them merge in because they merged half a mile early and are on their life mission to keep "assholes" out of the only lane that goes ahead. Generally problem can be summarized that people cannot drive.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase

People that merge at the very last aren't the problem, problem are the people that do not let them merge in because they merged half a mile early and are on their life mission to keep "assholes" out of the only lane that goes ahead. Generally problem can be summarized that people cannot drive.
Agree - but you forgot the other type of "driver" this scenario...the driver who doesn't even realize the lane is ending until it DOES and they never merge - they just swerve to avoid driving on the shoulder.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
People who take FOREVER to place their order at the drive-thru.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
People who take FOREVER to place their order at the drive-thru.
OR worse - they have like 10 separate orders.

Or drive through people who ask you "Is that all?" after every single thing you order, no matter how quickly you are trying to order.

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE

Hello; Let me get this straight. There are signs telling us to merge for miles before a lane is closed. The people who do merge well before the other lane runs out are the guilty parties??? The folks who keep on driving in the soon to be closed lane, by your comment, are not the problem.

Yes you are correct in one sense. If I merge to the open lane and am moving at some reduced speed for a distance, I do resent those who drive in the soon to be closed lane past me and try to merge at the last moment.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Let me get this straight. There are signs telling us to merge for miles before a lane is closed. The people who do merge well before the other lane runs out are the guilty parties??? The folks who keep on driving in the soon to be closed lane, by your comment, are not the problem.

Yes you are correct in one sense. If I merge to the open lane and am moving at some reduced speed for a distance, I do resent those who drive in the soon to be closed lane past me and try to merge at the last moment.
I’m driving so fast when I merge anyway I’m flying over the top of these cars like the Dukes of Hazzard. :sunglasses:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Or drive through people who ask you "Is that all?"
or drive-thru workers who don't understand the concept of 'park it'. I used to work McDonalds for gosh 3 years during high school.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
[
I drive so fast that I pass right through other cars. My electrons don't even interact with theirs.
Now that is impressive. How do I learn? :rockon: