Pet Peeves

ctandc72

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.dot.state.mn.us/zippermerge/ <--- read this please.

People that merge at the very last aren't the problem, problem are the people that do not let them merge in because they merged half a mile early and are on their life mission to keep "assholes" out of the only lane that goes ahead. Generally problem can be summarized that people cannot drive.
Agree - but you forgot the other type of "driver" this scenario...the driver who doesn't even realize the lane is ending until it DOES and they never merge - they just swerve to avoid driving on the shoulder.

Advertisement

H.7791

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2016 Golf R, 2021 Tiguan
Motorcyclists that lane split where not permitted, use the shoulder, weave in and out of traffic.

OP
The Demon

The Demon

Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need For Green GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
People who take FOREVER to place their order at the drive-thru.

ctandc72

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
People who take FOREVER to place their order at the drive-thru.
OR worse - they have like 10 separate orders.

Or drive through people who ask you "Is that all?" after every single thing you order, no matter how quickly you are trying to order.

sk47

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
https://www.dot.state.mn.us/zippermerge/ <--- read this please.

People that merge at the very last aren't the problem, problem are the people that do not let them merge in because they merged half a mile early and are on their life mission to keep "assholes" out of the only lane that goes ahead. Generally problem can be summarized that people cannot drive.
Hello; Let me get this straight. There are signs telling us to merge for miles before a lane is closed. The people who do merge well before the other lane runs out are the guilty parties??? The folks who keep on driving in the soon to be closed lane, by your comment, are not the problem.

Yes you are correct in one sense. If I merge to the open lane and am moving at some reduced speed for a distance, I do resent those who drive in the soon to be closed lane past me and try to merge at the last moment.

OP
The Demon

The Demon

Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello; Let me get this straight. There are signs telling us to merge for miles before a lane is closed. The people who do merge well before the other lane runs out are the guilty parties??? The folks who keep on driving in the soon to be closed lane, by your comment, are not the problem.

Yes you are correct in one sense. If I merge to the open lane and am moving at some reduced speed for a distance, I do resent those who drive in the soon to be closed lane past me and try to merge at the last moment.
I’m driving so fast when I merge anyway I’m flying over the top of these cars like the Dukes of Hazzard. :sunglasses:

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Or drive through people who ask you "Is that all?"
or drive-thru workers who don't understand the concept of 'park it'. I used to work McDonalds for gosh 3 years during high school.

OP
The Demon

The Demon

Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
[
I drive so fast that I pass right through other cars. My electrons don't even interact with theirs.
Now that is impressive. How do I learn? :rockon:

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10

Sorry, you just are not going to be able to function properly in a zipper procedure.

sk47

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, you just are not going to be able to function properly in a zipper procedure.
Hello; I do the "zipper merge" just fine myself. Never had a problem merging at all. I am not the one who is running out of a lane to drive in. I will have merged some time before merging becomes almost impossible to do smoothly.
The highway workers give us plenty of warning, sometimes miles, to perform the merge. That some of you seem to think it is clever to run down to the last few yards and then try to merge is telling.

I go to a used book, record, CD, DVD, cameras, and more store called McKays on Papermill AV in Knoxville TN often. When I leave to come home I will get onto I 75/I 40. At the last red light on Papermill there is a designated lane for those turning right to get onto the on ramp. There are two other lanes for those continuing on Papermill. There is often a backup in that designated turn lane and I will have to wait a couple of red light cycles often.
It never fails that some will drive up to the light in the nearest left lane, then speed ahead and dash into the onramp lane. This is jumping the line to my mind.
Every now and then I will be first in line at the red light. I will match the acceleration of the car to my left. If they go on it is fine. If they had planned to jump over into my lane I am there. Then they have to decide what to do.

CJJon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Hello; I do the "zipper merge" just fine myself. Never had a problem merging at all. I am not the one who is running out of a lane to drive in. I will have merged some time before merging becomes almost impossible to do smoothly.
The highway workers give us plenty of warning, sometimes miles, to perform the merge. That some of you seem to think it is clever to run down to the last few yards and then try to merge is telling.

I go to a used book, record, CD, DVD, cameras, and more store called McKays on Papermill AV in Knoxville TN often. When I leave to come home I will get onto I 75/I 40. At the last red light on Papermill there is a designated lane for those turning right to get onto the on ramp. There are two other lanes for those continuing on Papermill. There is often a backup in that designated turn lane and I will have to wait a couple of red light cycles often.
It never fails that some will drive up to the light in the nearest left lane, then speed ahead and dash into the onramp lane. This is jumping the line to my mind.
Every now and then I will be first in line at the red light. I will match the acceleration of the car to my left. If they go on it is fine. If they had planned to jump over into my lane I am there. Then they have to decide what to do.
What the actual hell? You are wrong here.What you do is causing the problem and making merging worse!

sk47

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
What the actual hell? You are wrong here.What you do is causing the problem and making merging worse!
Hello; The guy was in the lane marked to continue straight on. I was in the proper lane for the right turn. I was where I was supposed to be. He was trying to make an improper turn into my lane, yet you think I am in the wrong. This was not a merging situation. If you were to turn right the lights, road markings and signs made it clear which lane to be in. He was in a lane designated for straight ahead driving. He was just trying to jump ahead and avoid having to wait in line at the light. So I am following the posted traffic signs and indicators and somehow I am in the wrong according to you. He is making an illegal turn and he is in the right according to you.
Nice going, at least it matches the logic you often express in many posts.

Advertisement

MBGRAM-1

Advertisement