Pet Peeves

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Slow drivers on the left lane, people that follow me too close, people that break for no damn reason, people on their cell phones and not paying attention to how close I am while they jump in front of me, people that use the shoulder when there's traffic, people that chew loud, people that smell of sweat and just stink, people with bad breath; keep your mouth closed, and people that talk over me.

There's a lot more but I don't wanna be too annoying with a long ass post. 🤙🏻
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I bet hearing people saying they changed their 5 Oh badge out drives you insane.

Saying "oh" for the number zero.

"Fertographer" instead of pho·tog·ra·pher (we take photos with photons)

Someone claiming asshole drivers as merely a pet peeve.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
I bet hearing people saying they changed their 5 Oh badge out drives you insane.
No, it's a pet peeve of mine...I look at pet peeves as little annoyances. Takes way more to drive me insane than a little pet peeve.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
You're completely wrong on this - you are supposed to use the lane as far as it goes and do zipper merge - more civilized places mandate this. Everyone getting in a single lane two mile before other one ends actually slows everything down, problem with zipper merge is that people are unable to understand that simple concept and execute smooth merge. My pet peeve are people who don't understand that simple concept and are not letting people who use the lane that is closed ahead to it's full extent merge because they feel like they're being wronged.
Thank you for this post. You are completely correct about zippering. People are to stuck on their road real estate rather than working like a machine.
Anyone who has driven north of Richmond knows how to zipper. Its gets better the further north you drive. Forget the Lincoln or 1st Jersey toll gate if you don't get it.
I'm from South Carolina, been in Carolinas my whole life, but people down south do not know how to drive like a machine the road was designed as. Sure they can drive fast, switch lanes over and over, but they don't understand the mechanics of driving with other vehicles.
NASCAR DADS. Every summer about now, they hit the interstates and holiday roads in their SUVs with body bags on top and 3 bikes and coolers on a bumper rack causing the headlights to blind mirrors ahead of them. Going 80-85 mph trying to make the best time, so they can brag I went from A2B in 6hrs 10 min. Around the pool.
Every season I see their SUVs rolled in the interstate median, all the belongings spread all over the ground, the wife being attended to by rescue and kids already taken away.

OP
OP
The Demon

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
people that smell of sweat and just stink, people with bad breath; keep your mouth closed,

There's a lot more but I don't wanna be too annoying with a long ass post. 🤙🏻
Amen!!

Sponsored

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Shit how much time you got?

- Slow drivers in the Left hand lane suck sure, but what's worse is people who drive with tunnel vision, can't see anything more than 10 feet in front of them, so they try to pass on the right and realize the lane is jammed up and try to jump back over.

- People who can't use their damn cruise control on the highway. Traffic, congestion - I understand....but shit........wide open interstate, my cruise on the same speed the ENTIRE Time and I've passed the same car like 10 times in 30 minutes. I've considered getting a personalized license plate with some form of "Use your CC" - but most people are too dense to get it. The worst is when you pass them AGAIN and they give you "the look". I can neither confirm nor deny that in the past I might been guilty of lifting my right leg / foot up so they can see it, and loudly yell "CRUISE CONTROL"

- People who can't use turn signal. WTF - it's not rocket science.
- People who think turn signals are COMMANDMENTS (I am changing lanes, you must move over) not a QUESTION (Can I please get over?)

- Not letting cars merge onto the Interstate. Here it's actually a state law. 3 to 4 cars coming up an onramp, merging onto a 70mph interstate with FOUR damn lanes, and the idiots in the right lane refuse to speed up or slow down to let cars / trucks in. It's not like these cars have a choice in how long the merge lane is.......

- Idiots who don't know how to use a Left Turn crossover / median. It's not rocket science:

rocketscience..jpg

- Roundabouts / traffic circles - it's YIELD TO TRAFFIC IN CIRCLE. It's not DUCK DUCK GOOSE

- Idiots screaming about "eviction protection" and never mentioning landlords. Not every person who is a landlord is a trust fund baby. Sure let's pass some legislation to keep people from becoming homeless because of all the COVID lockdowns and direct effect on jobs / economy, but what about landlord protection? Do these idiots not realize most of them have a mortgage to pay every month, REGARDLESS whether there tenants are actually paying rent or not?

- "I didn't see him" "He came out of nowhere". - I used to average about 15K miles a year on a sportbike. I commuted 9-10 months out of the year (35 degrees was my limit. Good gear negates the cold - it's those pesky overpasses that make your butt pucker when your trying to keep the backside from coming around at 50mph that totally take the place of meth or caffeine) I was in FIVE accidents in all those years. (Not counting track days. They don't count.) Only ONE was not caused by an idiot driver DIRECTLY. That one was caused by an idiot truck driver who didn't bother to check if his fuel oil truck was leaking fuel oil all over a curvy back road. Note for those watching at home - that stuff is slick as snot for a motorcycle.

PSA for riders - pretend every driver of every automobile is trying to kill you. Never ride beside a tractor trailer if you can help it. Stuck beside a rig at 70+ mph when one of his trailer's recaps let's go will wake you up - and ruin your pants.

- For drivers of larger SUVs and trucks. Unless you have a crew cab long bed, YES your vehicle will fit in a normal parking spot without pulling forward so much you take up half of another spot. Get a front facing camera if you are that short or challenged when it comes to depth perception

- A LEFT TURN should be as close to 90 degrees as possible. I shouldn't have to BACK up so you can make a left turn without hitting me. You're not driving a tractor trailer - it's a fucking Prius - learn to drive.

- To those same "drivers"........you're at stop sign on a two lane road, making a LEFT turn. Cheating the turn, so that you essentially block anyone (with the right of way with no stop sign I might add) from turning left onto the road your exiting............you are doing it wrong.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
With all respect to truck drivers, they are using the road as a privilege. None commercial users have a right to the road.

I expect a higher standard from them.
No offense - there are plenty of bad truck drivers sure - but as someone who had a CDL, and someone who regularly tows trailers with sometimes heavy loads, most drivers are CLUELESS when it comes to basic Physics.

Try towing 5K pounds behind you, actively trying to keep out of the way of faster traffic and keep good following distances, and constantly getting cut off by drivers who think that I can stop like a F1 car.

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
With all respect to truck drivers, they are using the road as a privilege. None commercial users have a right to the road.

I expect a higher standard from them.
Not sure if I understand this correctly. Are you stating that interstates are for cars only?
Interstates are designed and built for commerce and transportation. This includes motorcycles, automobiles, trucks. Neither is more privileged.
The New Jersey turnpike has a separate truck lane, but guess who is always on it screwing the truckers up.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if I understand this correctly. Are you stating that interstates are for cars only?
no he was dealing with the abstraction legal notion of personal Freedom of Movement by whatever customary means of the day is enshrined as a right, while commercial activity is regulated and revocable. It would carry slightly more weight if the percentage of ass-hat "liberty" drivers didn't severely outnumber the irresponsible commercial actors.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Been thinking some more about the "zipper merge" thing from a few posts ago. On reflection I do that move my self. I just do it well before the lane to be closed is actually closed. In fact a lot of people do "zipper" into the open lane just as I do.
It is those who wait the the very last that cause a problem. I always thought the point of having merge sign miles in advance was to get people a chance to merge safely and with plenty of time.

AceS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
When at a red light or any other reason for stopped vehicles, people who stop their vehicle so that their window lines up with your window. These people may also creep forward if you do. These drivers are the equivalent of bathroom users who select the urinal next to you, despite having many other choices.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
people who stop their vehicle so that their window lines up with your window
oh come on, it's FUN to stare at them, only to glance away as soon as they turn their head, then stare at them even more intently. Then make silly faces. If opposite gender, a call to 911 might ensue so be mindful. :)
Sponsored

Last edited: