Sponsored

Performance Pack removes the spoiler for nothing?

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Wings/spoilers that protrude beyond the side of the trunklid can hit the convertible antenna when the trunk is opened, so I put a stubbie antenna on mine. I suspect this is the reason for the spoiler weirdness as a factory option by Ford.
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I've heard that before. What I've always wondered is why do we get two separate antennas on verts and the coupes get just one? They get just the tumor that does it all, but we get the tumor right smack in the middle of of the trunk lid, and we also get the mast antenna on the right quarter panel just for AM/FM. Why couldn't ford give one antenna that does it all like the coupes got?

OP
OP
Pronichkin

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
yeah... especially that in the age of LTE and streaming, I don't need AM/FM whatsoever. It should really be optional.

CookiemanEU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dario
Vehicle(s)
Convertible GT
Actually because of the different shaping of the trunk the PP spoiler doesn't fit and look perfectly aligned

TruckandaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 FX 4 2021 Mustang GT
The spoiler looks good, but it serves no purpose. It was designed and shaped to only counteract itself. So no additional downforce, or drag.

move read that the vert has different shape quarters, maybe they’re slightly different in the back so the spoiler doesn’t fit well where it over hangs?
Logically a spoiler with the top down would just create drag so there is no point for it.

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I planned for a while to get a CS spoiler for my PP vert, but finally decided that the car simply looks better with no spoiler at all.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
The ragtops have the stealth spoiler.

Reactions: DRB
OP
OP
Pronichkin

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
Wife says there's really a noticeable difference in how the car handles on a highway with a full tank vs. nearly empty tank (because of the weight to the rear axle.) So, from this perspective, we could really benefit from some additional downforce, even without ever going on a track. (The car in question is a convertible, while driving with the top up.)

So, does anyone have any recommendations on “proper” (i.e. not bogus or cosmetic) spoilers for a convertible S550? (We have PP1 if that matters.)

P.S. @Stangomydreams I love your pic! What's that thingy you have over the rear seats? Does it allow for the top to close without removing it?

Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I would love to see some real world test results of all these wings. I can't imagine that very many of us would get to the speeds where these things actually do anything substantial. While I love my convertible, if I was going for performance, it would have been a coupe all the way. As an aside, I have the factory blade spoiler...and would have been even happier with the clean lines of a spoiler delete.

IM Stoner II

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1 Convertible Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase