spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
I've been searching the forum and the web looking to see, is the performance pack offered on convertibles as well??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

1cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang automatic
No

The PP raises the speed limiter to 155 MPH, they would not do that in a rag top, it would never survive very long and the liability for a crash/rollover would be huge.
Perry.
:doh:

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The PP raises the speed limiter to 155 MPH, they would not do that in a rag top, it would never survive very long and the liability for a crash/rollover would be huge.
Perry.
well
i know some People in this Forum do not really like to hear about camaros...
but still it is the only reference
the camaro v8 (LS3 and L99) verts (known for their Problems with the 5th bow of the Roof) are limited to 155 mph over here in Germany, and there are numerous People, who did a 155mph on the Autobahn without any damage to the softtop

so if those guys at chevy are able to build a car with a softtop that is capable of 155mph, i am sure Ford (together with webasto) is defenitely able to do it, too

any Audi, BMW or Mercedes softtop is able to do it

Ford cannot offer a 400hp plus vert here in Germany and Limit it to anything less than 155mph.
and i am sure, the pp will be Standard over here (chevy did the same with the camaro)

btw: there is no difference in case of a roll over accident if you go 100mph or 150mph. even at 55mph you are lost

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Perry.
The current GT500 convertible is governed to 155 mph, so I don't see why the '15 'vert wouldn't be the same?

Edit: While the above is true, I just tried to build a current GT 'vert on the ford website and the PP isn't available for the 'vert. You can get the Brembo brake pack, but not the PP. I guess that I wouldn't be surprised if the same holds true for the '15 GT convertible.

Sponsored

S550 64G

Threads
Reaction score
That option is for the coupe only. And it's called the Track Pack, not PP.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
If all you're looking to do is remove the speed limiter then get an tune. The only way you might see some of the other features of our estimated PP would be on a SE type car. For example I could see the engine turned dash and dual gauges on a California Special convertible or something along those lines.