Performance Consultant

Martin Schacht

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1/Power Pack 2
Being a new Mustang owner, coming from 20+ years of Porsche, I have so much to learn, and I don't have time to go down dead end trails as I seek to optimize my car for the track, HPDE/TT. I have already made some mistakes, albeit minor thankfully, in my quest to get as prepared as possible for the track. To shortcut the process, I got in touch with Brian ([email protected]) to to get his opinion. I subscribed to his services and was super impressed with his track car prep knowledge. I have already incorporated some of his suggestions, and am very, very pleases. He has saved me so much time and money already. I won't quote his rates but they are very reasonable. First round, you are asked to fill out a questionnaire defining your performance goals, and budget. Brian then gets back to you promptly with some options. At that you may decide to take a "deep dive" and commit to the the services he offers.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
O.k.??

Like, a GT350R wasn't ready for track/HPDE/TT??

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2 Magnetic Metallic
Being a new Mustang owner, coming from 20+ years of Porsche, I have so much to learn, and I don't have time to go down dead end trails as I seek to optimize my car for the track, HPDE/TT. I have already made some mistakes, albeit minor thankfully, in my quest to get as prepared as possible for the track. To shortcut the process, I got in touch with Brian ([email protected]) to to get his opinion. I subscribed to his services and was super impressed with his track car prep knowledge. I have already incorporated some of his suggestions, and am very, very pleases. He has saved me so much time and money already. I won't quote his rates but they are very reasonable. First round, you are asked to fill out a questionnaire defining your performance goals, and budget. Brian then gets back to you promptly with some options. At that you may decide to take a "deep dive" and commit to the the services he offers.
My 2 cents... and that's all it's worth....
Take that GT350R out to the track and get familiar with it in stock form before doing a bunch of "improvements" to it.
Like @NoVaGT mentioned.... everything I've heard and read is that the 350R is a track monster from the factory.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Forget this thread. Read through the OP's other posts. He talks about 460HP, and looks at mods for regular GTs.

Pretty sure he has a GT, not a 350R. Either that or he really does need other people's help to keep things straight.

OP
OP
Martin Schacht

Martin Schacht

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
Forget this thread. Read through the OP's other posts. He talks about 460HP, and looks at mods for regular GTs.

Pretty sure he has a GT, not a 350R. Either that or he really does need other people's help to keep things straight.
[/QUOTEf

Keeping in mind the kind and gentle theme of this site, please know before you cast judgement upon me, I am totally new to Mustang, I know more than I did in January, and not as much as I will know in April. I do have a 2020 Mustang GT PP1, 460 HP + Power Pack 2 just added, now at 481 HP. I have used, and will use Brian as a consultant, he knows or what he speaks. I have been in motorsports for 25 years, 15 in Time Trial and 10 in wheel to wheel racing.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Keeping in mind the kind and gentle theme of this site, please know before you cast judgement upon me, I am totally new to Mustang, I know more than I did in January, and not as much as I will know in April. I do have a 2020 Mustang GT PP1, 460 HP + Power Pack 2 just added, now at 481 HP. I have used, and will use Brian as a consultant, he knows or what he speaks. I have been in motorsports for 25 years, 15 in Time Trial and 10 in wheel to wheel racing.
Look.....

If you want to be part of the community, then act like it. Learn how to properly quote another poster so everything is clear. It's like on any other forum, it's not rocket surgery.

And you could have gotten all the information you needed, cost free, just by first searching different topics here, reading the absolute metric tons of info here, and then by starting a thread if the topic hadn't been discussed before.

And lastly.....stop acting like you drive a GT350R. It's confusing to everyone here.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)

Thanks for the heads-up....
I take most everyone's posts at face value on here and often don't check into it much...
I save my fact checking for the "news".

OP
OP
Martin Schacht

Martin Schacht

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
Look.....

If you want to be part of the community, then act like it. Learn how to properly quote another poster so everything is clear. It's like on any other forum, it's not rocket surgery.

And you could have gotten all the information you needed, cost free, just by first searching different topics here, reading the absolute metric tons of info here, and then by starting a thread if the topic hadn't been discussed before.

And lastly.....stop acting like you drive a GT350R. It's confusing to everyone here.
[/QUOTE
Look.....

I checked the rules of the Forum, specifically, ""flaming and personal attacks are not acceptable". Your personal attacks on me are not appreciated. I am new to the Forum and may have made a few mistakes initially. To all who were offended, I am sorry.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Oh good Lord......everyone's offended nowadays.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Hey OP, maybe some of those guys need to learn some better manners (ha ha), but on a car like the GT350R, which is already heavily focused on track duty, I'd first make sure you really NEED any upgrades, before doing anything. And I say that not only to save you money, but if you plan to do anything else with the car, by making any more 'improvements' you may not really need, you might make the car intolerable for trips and such, especially with a significant other as passenger.

Always follow this rule: DO NOT make any 'improvements' unless you really need them. And do ONE BY ONE. And with a manual car, unless you're a current/past race car driver, you have a lot to master (perfect throttle-blip downshifts, etc) before exceeding the limits of a 350R IMO. So get started with some track days, and go from there :). Good luck.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Hey OP, maybe some of those guys need to learn some better manners (ha ha), but on a car like the GT350R, which is already heavily focused on track duty, I'd first make sure you really NEED any upgrades, before doing anything. And I say that not only to save you money, but if you plan to do anything else with the car, by making any more 'improvements' you may not really need, you might make the car intolerable for trips and such, especially with a significant other as passenger.

Always follow this rule: DO NOT make any 'improvements' unless you really need them. And do ONE BY ONE. And with a manual car, unless you're a current/past race car driver, you have a lot to master (perfect throttle-blip downshifts, etc) before exceeding the limits of a 350R IMO. So get started with some track days, and go from there :). Good luck.

He doesn't have a GT350.
He has a '20 GT PP1 with some mods.
The way he comes across is exceedingly confusing.

OP, if you want to pay someone to make recommendations on mod, well, it's your money so go for it.
I think you'll find though that most on here prefer to research and determine their on path and use that "consultation" money on useful parts.

Troutwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
I checked the rules of the Forum, specifically, ""flaming and personal attacks are not acceptable". Your personal attacks on me are not appreciated. I am new to the Forum and may have made a few mistakes initially. To all who were offended, I am sorry.
I'm confused because under your avatar where it says "vehicles" I see "2020 GT350R"
Not trying to pick on you... just sayin', that's all.

Happy motoring, Mustang Bro...

OP
OP
Martin Schacht

Martin Schacht

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
Troutwrangler!!!! I am embarrassed: 🥵Thank you for pointing out that I had, I and repeat had, listed Shelby GT 350 R as my car. I don't know how that happened...possibly because I was in a rush to join the Mustang6G Forum. I drive a 2020 Mustang GT, Perf Package 1, with a fresh Power Pack 2 installed as seen in my avatar. I have made the appropriate correction....now I can see why I may have been perceived as a lost soul. Thanks again for catching my error.

Feb-27-2021-POC (Sat)-Yellow-Outside Cotton Corners 410pm-BW3_3670_Feb2721_412PM_CaliPhoto.jpg

Feb-27-2021-POC (Sat)-Yellow-Panning 1055am-BW3_7740_Feb2721_1107AM_CaliPhoto.jpg

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Welcome to the forum. Awesome to see a GT on track duty.

How do you compare it to the likes of a Porsche? Must be a totally different experience. Did you make any changes to cool the transmission or differential?
Sponsored