Sponsored

PedalMax Install Question

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
These pmax threads always remind me that I got really get my butt in gear and get the percentage dial ordered. .. I understand what your saying about reverse and im at 100% all the time..Its either be jerky or reverse burnouts lol.
Sponsored

MexicanBatman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
So it’s shit like I said

I even had the desensitising chip and it was still shit

Wouldn’t have one if you have it to me now

OP
OP
jonrjen

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Premium GT, 2013 Taurus SHO, F-350 Crewcab FX4 Lariat 4x4
So it’s shit like I said

I even had the desensitising chip and it was still shit

Wouldn’t have one if you have it to me now
Not my Monkeys, Not my Circus.

Mustanggt5.02011

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GTCS
Unfortunately there will always be "negative Nillys" about the Pedal maxx. I used one in my 2018 with great results. Some are all about the tune and how much better the tune is to reduce the lag in the drive by wire. I loved my Pedal Maxx!!!!

OP
OP
jonrjen

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have had the opportunity to pay a bit with my Pedalmax a little more. Using the knob adjustment as to power application it can be a blast. At 100 percent I don't see how it could be too enjoyable in traffic, as yes it can be a little on the jerky side. Maybe with more experience I could get used to it, but in all honesty it was added as a toy for the foot of an old geezer. It was well worth the $245 that I paid for it including the knob adjustment option.
It offers a bit of added performance with out the possible expense of loosing my warranty as would be the case with a aftermarket tune. Plus as mentioned before I can also use this on our Taurus SHO or my 2013 PSD F350 just for giggles and grins.

Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Just installed the 18+ Pedalmax in my Bullitt (thanks jonrjen!) and didn't hook up the 12v connection. Works just fine without it. A guy I know swapped the one he had straight from his 16 to his 18 with no problems also. Anyone have any ideas as to why JMS added this if it isn't needed? Could it cause any problems running w/o it? I could've saved myself a lot trouble and swapped in the one from my 15 GT if I would've known it would work.

OP
OP
jonrjen

jonrjen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had read that on some models of Ford vehicles that the constant power supply was a back up to make sure that the pedal sensor did not loose it's position memory which will result in essentially a dead pedal no allowing for any impute from the pedal signal to the computer.

It did not state what models were effected or if it was a hit or miss occurrence. But, for JMS to add this power feed wire it must have happened more than once. The breaking point as to year of manufacture seems to be from 2018 and forward on the Mustang. However, when I checked this latest JMS part number shows that it would work on my 2013 F350 diesel, 2013 Taurus SHO, and 2018 Focus ST.
Could be that it is simply a redundant power back up, or maybe a CYA back up protection in defense of Murphy's Law.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
There is a slight lag between pressing the gas pedal down and the ECU relaying the information to the throttle body in stock configuration. With the pedamax this lag time is diminished and the communications between the ECU and TB is more instantaneous.

I was doubtful before I ordered the Pedalmax, but having experience with a like product that was designed to fool the ECU in spooling up the turbo on a Ecoboost F150 with great results, I figured that I had nothing to loose in trying the Pedalmax.

From making runs after the installation of the Pedamax set a different settings, all with the same application of the foot to pedal to floor I can state that there is a difference in negating the OEM lag.
No there is no lag. You fell for the false advertising. The only thing the pedalmax does is change the input to output ratio of the gas pedal. It just makes it more sensitive. The signal goes from your foot to the ecu then to the throttlebody. This product installs before the ecu. The ecu controls the throttle body not your foot. Therefore it cant get rid of any perceived lag. There is no lag in a drive by wire system. Its instant. The "lag" you feel in these cars is torque management pulling power when you slam your foot down. Putting your car in sport mode does exactly what this pedalmax does or just pressing your gas pedal down faster.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
And that video is 100 percent bullshit. You think these payed by pedalmax dufuses are gonna tell you the truth? Thats not how these products work at all. If there was any lag from your throttle pedal sensor to the ecu then why dont all the fps gamers add the pedalmax to their mice and keyboards since it takes so long for the signal to travel down the wire?

Sponsored

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
And you obviously know nothing about how the pedalmax works. Look at the bullshit they write. It makes your car accelerate faster and improves transmission shifts? All from the pedal sensor? Wow I wonder what other magical things it can do.

And no it's not faster than anyone's foot because when you slam the gas pedal down the ECU gets the signal first and sends a ramp up signal to the throttle plate. So neither the booster nor your foot will ever give you instant 100 percent throttle. The only way to do that is to install a tune. And no this doesn't compliment a tune but I'm sure these companies would love to have you believe that. A tune renders this 20 dollar booster totally useless because in the tune you can set the throttle input vs output ratio at any given percentage. This means a tune can do the exact same thing this booster does. The way to get fast throttle body response is to remove or lower Torque Management which the booster cant do because it cant alter anything in the ecu. That's why it installs at the gas pedal and all it does is simply alter the gas pedal signal. I'll save you 300 or whatever crazy amount it costs, just press the gas pedal faster. Or if you have a PP car, put it in sport, same thing as installing a booster.

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
And if you think theres lag in a few feet of wire and in a computer system in general then youre the funny one. Maybe do some research first before copying and pasting an advertisement or ask some advice from someone like me who has already done it.
Sponsored