Sponsored

Paxton kit , blinking cel no power

michelevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evolution x
Good evening guys

Yesterday during a pull car felt really sluggish like with no power, looked at the dash and cel was blinking, kept doing it for like 15 seconds and went away. Drove back home and car felt good nothing weird, didn't do any other pulls just in case. Earlier on the day had one pass at the track ran 11.0 at 128 so not sure what this blinking cel/power loss could mean? Any ideas? Will take it to my tuner later this week. Any input is highly apreciated guys, thanks
Sponsored

Papabearob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT performance pack w/ Recaros
Blinking CEL means it is registering a misfire. Most common cause will be the plugs or if they are not gapped correctly. Should be at .030 on a Paxton tune (as per Paxton's recommendations) but I do all my customers cars to .028 with no issues. Also check and see if any plugs look different than the others. Like if one of them has a dark oil coating that is a good indication of a misfire on that cylinder. Of course be sure to check codes before hand. But if you go see your tuner they will more than likely tell you to check all your plugs and make sure they are gapped correctly.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Blinking means misfire, could be anything. Bad gas, bad plugs, vacuum leak, bad coils, bad injectors, bad fuel pumps, or worse compression loss.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Start checking the boxes listed above, and go from there. Start with the plugs.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Blinking also means u could be running very lean,not sure if have cats but if so u can damage them.Anytime your wot and see cel blinking u need to get off the throttle asap.Start checking what the other members suggested and if possible check fuel trims.

OP
OP

michelevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evolution x
Well first thing i noted this morning is that my belt is shredded, still on but i only have like half belt so that could explain the power loss, not sure about the blinking cel. I also have the check engine light on now codes 208 and 209, sometime about vacuum leak in the manifold or something like that.

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Well first thing i noted this morning is that my belt is shredded, still on but i only have like half belt so that could explain the power loss, not sure about the blinking cel. I also have the check engine light on now codes 208 and 209, sometime about vacuum leak in the manifold or something like that.

Check all your vacuum lines and induction piping. Not familiar with this particular SC but belt wear in my experience with other centrifugal SCs is almost always an alignment issue unless there is some pulley wear/failure. Things like wrong spacer used, forgot a washer, etc... How long you have the kit?

OP
OP

michelevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evolution x
Well i just put this new belt like 3 weeks ago cuz the stock one was already making chirping noises like it was sliping or something. Will need to check everything, maybe there is something missing or not aligned properly

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if your eating belts, something is out of line for sure.

OP
OP

michelevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
evolution x
Well first belt was ok, it was making boost good and everything, i changed it because the chirping sound didn't go away with anything i did and cuz i heard the gates belt were better, maybe it was not installed right? It ran at 128 mph that same day 1/4 mile, so not sure if it was not right could have gone that mph, maybe there is something out of place since the first installation and is now showing
Sponsored