Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Well I guess part of the confusion could be that the sl can be converted to oil fed but not upgraded to the HD unit
Lol
Sponsored

Shadow5_0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I’m dealing with this issue now Vortech will not conver the SL unit to an oil fed unit. They will only offer you the option to trade up for a HD oil fed unit. I’ve been going back and forth with the rep for about a week now it’s either fix the SL unit and pray it doesn’t happen again or switch to the oil fed unit with also requires you to but feed and return lines at about $130 for the set. Plus there’s full permanently tapping the oil pan which I’m not a fan of in any way. How can Procharger keep the F1 units self contained but the little Paxton can’t even do it. I wish I would have just gone with a F1a to begin with or even TT.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I’ve wondered if you could just upgrade the bearings (available outside of vortech) and have the oil slinger welded up.

I really want to run a 3.0 on a gate but am scared of running the SL into the ground.

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
I’ve wondered if you could just upgrade the bearings (available outside of vortech) and have the oil slinger welded up.

I really want to run a 3.0 on a gate but am scared of running the SL into the ground.
http://www.superchargerrebuild.com/paxton/

I think they may have a little more insight. I've been meaning to talk to them about modifying the sl. Worth a shot

Sponsored

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
I send them an email :headbang:

Guess we shall see, honestly I don’t know what zvortechs issue is, there is nearly zero difference between and oil fed and SL blower case or gears.
I argued that with them as well. Mechanically they are very simple and almost identical internally. Should just need a seal and bearing upgrade. Maybe have to delete the slinger. I do not see the issue with identical step up ratios.

Shadow5_0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I argued that with them as well. Mechanically they are very simple and almost identical internally. Should just need a seal and bearing upgrade. Maybe have to delete the slinger. I do not see the issue with identical step up ratios.
Trust me bro I feel your confusion. I just don’t understand why they can’t figure something out but I decided to drop from my 3.33 pulley to the 3.48 until I have the money to go TT if I’m going to tap the oil pan it’s going to be for more than just because Vortech doesn’t want to upgrade my SL I’d rather have the HP and TQ of twins anyway. At least I can stay boosted for now and feel like I won’t have to deal with the headache of the car being down again...
Sponsored