Sponsored

Passing emissions with my Procharger

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Yes u want to look at downstream o2 milli volt readings,if u see changes happening why the car is running they are on.U want to look at sensors 2 readings,example bank1sensor 2,bank 2 sensor 2.
Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I just checked my personal 2018 Mustang....

Stone stock, never even touched the car...
1,500 miles so far on the clock...
Car is daily driven, and a little road trip action already.

Still hasn't set the following:
- Fuel System
- Cat
- Evap
- O2
- EGR

The only tests it has passed so far are.
- Misfire
- Components
- O2 Heater

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yes u want to look at downstream o2 milli volt readings,if u see changes happening why the car is running they are on.U want to look at sensors 2 readings,example bank1sensor 2,bank 2 sensor 2.
Thanks, I will go back into the Ngauge to see what is there. Looking at the FSM, looks like there are HO2S12, HO2S22, O2S12, O2S22. All those mention sensor 2, just have to see if the Ngauge can view any of them. Thanks again.

I just checked my personal 2018 Mustang....

Stone stock, never even touched the car...
1,500 miles so far on the clock...
Car is daily driven, and a little road trip action already.

Still hasn't set the following:
- Fuel System
- Cat
- Evap
- O2
- EGR

The only tests it has passed so far are.
- Misfire
- Components
- O2 Heater
Well, I guess it does just take a while. I would totally expect an all stock car to eventually pass, just hard for me to put faith in stuff (the tune and supercharger plumbing/hardware) that isn’t OEM. Just hoping the tune was written in such a way that makes the car run good enough to pass the remaining two O2 monitors.
It’s strange that your car passed the Heated O2 monitor before FUEL. The FSM states that the FUEL and MISFIRE monitors must complete before the HO2S monitor can run.

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I setup the Ngauge to view the downstream O2s, they are definately doing their job. On highway at constant speed they seem to like to be around .65-.75 volts but fluctuate constantly every now and again they switch to .20-.30 volts then right back to the .65-.75 value. Saw in the manual .45volts means perfect lambda, looking at lambda on the gauge while doing the constant speed highway drive it was always .96-1.03. Mostly right around 1.0-1.02.

Odd, while reading last night I stumbled on the below GT350 thread, looks like several of the forum guys were getting their monitors to go “ready” with around 100 miles. I think I’ve put around 250 miles since flashing the new tune last week. Wishing I could duplicate their success. I did find lots of reference in other postings that looks like guys were never able to get theirs to go ready with aftermarket tunes even with the tuners insisting all the emissions stuff was turned on. Lots of them ended up reverting their cars back to stock to make the monitors happy. That didn’t make me feel good.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73135&highlight=Smog+test

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I would totally expect an all stock car to eventually pass, just hard for me to put faith in stuff (the tune and supercharger plumbing/hardware) that isn’t OEM. Just hoping the tune was written in such a way that makes the car run good enough to pass the remaining two O2 monitors.
It’s strange that your car passed the Heated O2 monitor before FUEL. The FSM states that the FUEL and MISFIRE monitors must complete before the HO2S monitor can run.
Right, and I totally agree with you.
Just wanted to show that even I am in your same boat....with a 100% stock brand new car off the dealership lot. (I can't say showroom, it was outside lol)

1,500+ miles and climbing daily and still a lot of monitors not set.

SADLY: I will finally be flashing a tune into the car next week, since I am planning on installing the blower kit. BUT, so far its stock and I have never even downloaded the ECU's program. (I have dyno'ed it twice though)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone think the thermostat could have anything to do with O2 monitors not running? I put in the 170 stat after installing the blower, can’t imagine it would delay the monitors from completing though. It’s winter and cold here, 15deg F this morning on my drive to work, cyl head temps were 190 and coolant temps were 180-190, so that’s above the 170f requiremt for some of the other monitors. Just trying to figure out how to make this work.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
This thread worries me for when I need to pass the same tests in 4 years

OP
OP

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This thread worries me for when I need to pass the same tests in 4 years
4 years, man what I would trade for 4 years. I am just praying I have my math wrong and won’t need to pass for another year. I should know next week when my registration renewal letter shows up in the mail. Praying I have another year so i can take the hit on a trade in and be done with the whole fiasco. I remember several phone calls into Procharger before purchase where I was made to feel at ease there would be no problems passing emissions or dealing with 91 octane gas. You would have thought I could have seen through that, live and learn I suppose.

Last edited:

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Anyone think the thermostat could have anything to do with O2 monitors not running? I put in the 170 stat after installing the blower, can’t imagine it would delay the monitors from completing though. It’s winter and cold here, 15deg F this morning on my drive to work, cyl head temps were 190 and coolant temps were 180-190, so that’s above the 170f requiremt for some of the other monitors. Just trying to figure out how to make this work.
That's a good question man,I have a 170 thermostat too and have been logging my car and when it's 35 degrees or lower it's hard for me to get my car over 175 degrees when just doing normal driving,and too answer your question yes ECT plays a big part in a few monitor's setting,quite a few to be honest.See what temps your car is getting up too in your normal trips that u do.

Sponsored

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
Pennsylvania guy chiming in here. My first annual inspection came up last September (first inspection after blower and tune) and all of my emissions failed as well. I contacted VMP and they sent me a revised tune that would supposedly work. Flashed and tried to cycle it all but no luck. I eventually called up an old buddy that works in a garage and threw him a hundred bucks to make my problem disappear. An hour later I had fresh inspection/emissions stickers on my windshield. The moral of the story is "if you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin"

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
4 years, man what I would trade for 4 years. I am just praying I have my math wrong and won’t need to pass for another year. I should know next week when my registration renewal letter shows up in the mail. Praying I have another year so i can take the hit on a trade in and be done with the whole fiasco. I remember several phone calls into Procharger before purchase where I was made to feel at ease there would be no problems passing emissions or dealing with 91 octane gas. You would have thought I could have seen through that, live and learn I suppose.
wow in Tennessee we have to pass every damn year
5 years for a new car in NJ. After that every 2 years.

Hopefully Lund can send me a file for it or I can "buy" a sticker. :ninja:

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
It's the tune. Even if the rear o2's were kept on in your tune you'll still have trouble passing with an aftermarket tune. If you were to revert back to the stock tune the monitors would reset pretty quickly. I was in the same boat with my 2011 GT. Could not get the car to pass so I put it back to stock and sold it. The car was not enjoyable anymore trying to pass emissions.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I'll be using a friend of a friends Smog guy. Pay a little extra for a hassle free pass :D

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Hell yea that makes a difference. Cut a piece of black cardboard and block at least half of your radiator. Or just test with blocking the entire lower grill.
Fuel vaporization with larger injectors near idle in the cold is terrible.
Try and get it so the CHT is 207-230 just idling around.
Sponsored