Sponsored

PARKING

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Anyone that double parks, doesn't matter how far away is a douchebag. Also, while still a d-bag move, when a ferrari or lambo does it it's one thing, but no one with a mustang (and I say this as someone who owns one) should be thinking their car is that special, calm down.
It's usually pickup truck drivers doing that around here.
Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
I agree that it doesn't matter what kind of car it is. I take pride in anything I own. However, I never double park as it seems to garner negative attention even if you are way in the back of a lot (as you can tell by the person you were responding to).

I just park as far as possible and as close as possible to a curb in a corner spot.
I do the same because of asses like this. I seriously would like to know though, what makes a person think "look at that car parked all the way out at the end of the lot. What a douche. I need to f with them".

Something seriously wrong with that brain chemistry.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with the parking in the lines far enough away.

I have also found if you park in the very furthest spot, you have a better chance of someone coming and parking near you vs being far away, but not all the way out.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I went to a store a few weeks ago at night, I was literally the only car in the lot but still parked towards the back, so if anyone did come, they would still be far enough away from my car. Anyway, I come out to find a dude in an old beat up lifted truck right next to my drivers door, he was about to get out, so I stood there and waited. It took him like 3 minutes to finally work his way out the door without hitting my car. I don't think he was expecting me to come out of the store while he was getting out of the truck and just planned to be an idiot and either mess up my door, make it tough to get back in my car, or both.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I agree with the parking in the lines far enough away.

I have also found if you park in the very furthest spot, you have a better chance of someone coming and parking near you vs being far away, but not all the way out.
I've noticed that too. It's pretty sad when someone is willing to go out of their way and walk much further just to be the idiot that parks right next to someones nice car at the back of the lot. So I generally will park about 75% of the way back so it's not as obvious that I'm trying to avoid other cars in the lot.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I went to a store a few weeks ago at night, I was literally the only car in the lot but still parked towards the back, so if anyone did come, they would still be far enough away from my car. Anyway, I come out to find a dude in an old beat up lifted truck right next to my drivers door, he was about to get out, so I stood there and waited. It took him like 3 minutes to finally work his way out the door without hitting my car. I don't think he was expecting me to come out of the store while he was getting out of the truck and just planned to be an idiot and either mess up my door, make it tough to get back in my car, or both.
There was a guy I used to work with that had these on his car. Called Door Shox. The name is cheesy, but they do work. They just stick on, so you can quickly put them on and take them off whenever you need.

Link to who sells them

*Note* This isn't an endorsement for the company or Amazon

81sZ5XSVwNL._SX355_.jpg

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm parked in a corner spot in my parking garage at work that has about a foot and a half space before the parking spot begins. I just park on that line and leave myself almost 2 full door lengths before I can reach the car to the left of me.

I also park in the back regardless of what car I'm in at grocery stores and other stores because I don't trust anyone. All it takes is some stupid kid to fling the door open and it's a guaranteed door ding. I've seen that one jackass that also decides to park right next to you when you're near no one in the back too.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
It’s the kids that do it and it’s innocent but you have to avoid that. The last time I did the douche diagonal was when I parked at the back and the driving school people started trolling vehicles with space between them to practice. Seriously, who wouldn’t do what I did? Be honest and let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Nobody? Didn’t think so... :lol:

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I take 2-3 spots at work and it's all the way at the end of the parking lot. Nobody cares and nobody wants to walk that far. If anything I get compliments. If someone don't like the way I park I'm not aware of it and ... I'd tell them to F off.

FWIW, I don't take 2 -3 spots when i park elsewhere but It"s usually far away and a choice spot.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
My spot at the grocery store. If somebody parks by me out there the store is not so big that I can't find them. :paddle: :D
All I see is a big bullseye for hoodlums. I'm not saying you've done anything wrong, you just have made yourself a target is all.

Sponsored

KevinG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP 6SPD Recaros w/black roof
Most people are too lazy to park and walk all the way from the back...
Sponsored