Parking a GT350 outside house?

mpetrosi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiesta ST
Was wondering if anyone on the forum parks their gt350 outside their house or on the street in front of their house.

Unfortunately, I'm renting a house with no garage or driveway. I'm on a residential street, but it is relatively narrow and there is a decent amount of through traffic. I've been parking my big turbo ST on the street directly in front of a speed bump, and have had no problems over the past few months- cars drive slow (~10 MPH or less) around this area because of the speed bump.

I'm in the market for a gt350 but have been hesitant about getting one because of my parking situation. I'm worried because the gt350 is wider and more expensive than my ST. Is this a dumb reason not to buy a gt350?
Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Not a reason to not buy a GT350 but there's a whole lot of negatives for parking one there. The GT350 is a attraction getter and there's a more than reasonable chance you will get it damaged there even if you cover it. I'd say first since your renting to move somewhere else to rent that either has a driveway or garage and then if it will take you longer to save for a GT350 then do that. But if you can't afford to move then the GT350 is out of your budget range in the first place.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
Buying a GT350 with nowhere to park it inside is getting the cart before the horse....

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buying a GT350 with nowhere to park it inside is getting the cart before the horse....
Somewhat agree but I had both a new 16 and then new 17. Have lived in the same duplex renting for 28 years now. I have a carport and I kept both cars in the carport year round (summer/winter) and used the Ford cover that came with them. And when I got rid of them they both still looked brand new. He'd be alright if it just wasn't on the street. Lots of people have GT350's that don't have a garage. I don't see that as in my case being a deterrent. But where he would have to park one would be an absolute disaster waiting to happen.

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m assuming that you have your priorities in line and youā€™ve already thought this through somewhat. To answer your question, if you want the car, get it. I think itā€™s a valid concern as far as parking the car outside. If youā€™re more worried about treating your mustang like an Enzo, getting into a house with a garage is probably the best idea. Regardless of what car it is, if itā€™s parked on the street, thereā€™s always a chance itā€™ll get damaged.

I personally would like to get into a gt350 within the next year or two. I can afford some of them but I would feel bad keeping it outside. But the enjoyment of driving the vehicle as well as keeping it in the best shape I can are just about equally important to me. Through that conversation with myself, I answered my own question and decided to wait until I could garage the car

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Everybody's situation is different, you do you.

However, as the owner of a lowly '15 GT that hasn't spent one night outside on a street or even gotten remotely dirty, I personally wouldn't consider leaving a GT350 exposed to nature and the idiocy of others.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
Based on the OPā€™s past post, heā€™s paying cash for the car. Iā€™d say thatā€™s pretty great for someone young enough to ask a question like this.
Just maybe heā€™s living well below his means and has his priorities in other investments. Right now I wouldnā€™t even think of buying a home. Prices are grossly inflated and many think weā€˜re in for another crash in the market. Personally, I feel it in my bones.
I'm getting ready to retire and move to another state. Weā€™ll live well below our means and rent until things stabilize.

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
My R lives in the garage and I live on a nice street some times I have it out side and the local cunts will drive by in their p.o.s charger or camaro's and see it and rev their engines or speed by on the way back to their shit hole. The lady across the way has some cats and they sometimes will jump on the surrounding cars

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
*puts flame suit on*

Sheeesh - lot's of financial advisors on the forum today :)

Before my car became a a dedicated track car, mine spent a lot of time outside while traveling and commuting. We took it on road trips that involved parking it on the street at night. I never had an issue. The Raptor has been parked in the driveway/street since day 1 since the bloody thing is too big to fit anywhere else. No issues there, either. In principle, I'd recommend just making a call based on your specific neighborhood. Having ANY car on the street makes you more of a target. IME, a nicer one doesn't make that big a difference. Thieves are going to check every car for stuff - not just the nice ones.

One last note - i'd bet you find a lot of Mustang guys park their car in the driveway, but won't admit because they don't want to get flamed.

Sponsored
OP
OP

mpetrosi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiesta ST
Thanks for all the replies. I'm tied to this house for another year. Don't want to have to wait a whole year to get a gt350. My neighbor is a car guy (has a c6 that he garages) and they have a long ass driveway. Have thought about asking him if I could park there in exchange for taking him on some joyrides. The other option is there is a public parking lot a couple blocks away but the problem is I wouldn't be able to see the car from my house, which I'm not too keen on.

OP
OP

mpetrosi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fiesta ST
I also park my car in a garage at work, so monday through friday 7:30-5:30 its covered. I could leave it at the office if there's bad weather and metro back home.

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for all the replies. I'm tied to this house for another year. Don't want to have to wait a whole year to get a gt350. My neighbor is a car guy (has a c6 that he garages) and they have a long ass driveway. Have thought about asking him if I could park there in exchange for taking him on some joyrides. The other option is there is a public parking lot a couple blocks away but the problem is I wouldn't be able to see the car from my house, which I'm not too keen on.
Well what ever you do you sure as hell don't want to even consider the public parking lot.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
On the flip side, there is something to be said about buying whatever car you want, driving it as you please, and to hell with any notion of future value.

A few years back I was at a C&C event, to which several '05-'06 Ford GTs showed up. One was filthy, had nearly bald rear tires, and had already logged over 100K miles. I talked to the owner who dailied it, rain or shine.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
On the flip side, there is something to be said about buying whatever car you want, driving it as you please, and to hell with any notion of future value.

A few years back I was at a C&C event, to which several '05-'06 Ford GTs showed up. One was filthy, had nearly bald rear tires, and had already logged over 100K miles. I talked to the owner who dailied it, rain or shine.
God - that owner probably has the world record for most gas station visits
Sponsored