Palm Beach or Livernois tune for the Mach 1

MurphGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Murph
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Do both offer a 91/93 octane tune, if I was looking to add some power to the DD?

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Did they every answer you? I've PM'd also with no response. Was getting ready to pull the trigger and asked about cost and a few other things but now this is making me second guess a little.
Yes, a few days ago. But I already have an RTD+ and Ngauge so I dont want to buy another device.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Do both offer a 91/93 octane tune, if I was looking to add some power to the DD?
Yes, you would get a dedicated 91-93 tune and flex tune with Livernois with tuner for $550-$600
PBD will give you a 93 and an E85 in which you will need to data log with them to get your flex tune. Tuner and all 3 tunes for about $1000.
I run the Livernois Flex tune all the time. I’ve tried both fuels and going in between them has been no issue.
Since it’s been cold winter in Chicago last couple months I’ve only been using 93 fuel. Runs strong!
To me switching between tunes especially with an automatic trans relearn is a pain so the flex is a nice touch.
Hope this helps

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Just an FYI in case others didn't know as well but when I told Livernois I'd run 93 and sometimes 91 they gave me 1 tune that'll adjust to both grades.

In the past, you'd need 2 tunes and load each one based on the grade of gas you'd be running.

The new way is much more convenient - set it and forget it.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Well after months of debate I just clicked "place order" with Livernois. Feeling pangs of guilt for spending even more $$ on the car ugh. Hope it turns out to be worth it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Well after months of debate I just clicked "place order". Feeling pangs of guilt for spending even more $$ on the car ugh. Hope it turns out to be worth it.
Cool!
Who’s tune did you end up going with?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Cool!
Who’s tune did you end up going with?
Livernois. Was leaning towards them anyway and then the PBD news of one of their tuners leaving sealed it.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Livernois. Was leaning towards them anyway and then the PBD news of one of their tuners leaving sealed it.
I saw that too, why spend the extra $400 anyway.
Hope you got 10% off, as they will give it.
Let us know what you think.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I saw that too, why spend the extra $400 anyway.
Hope you got 10% off, as they will give it.
Let us know what you think.
Aww didn't know there was a 10% discount available! Oh well. Yep will write a review for sure.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
So far my review of the Livernois tune would suck. Mostly because their instructions on how to use the tuner suck. Installed the software on my computer and it updated the tuner. Tried to fill out the tune request form on the Livernois website and it asks for 3 codes but doesn't tell you how to get them. Plugged the tuner into my car and got an error "unsupported vehicle". F. :curse::headbang:

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
So far my review of the Livernois tune would suck. Mostly because their instructions on how to use the tuner suck. Installed the software on my computer and it updated the tuner. Tried to fill out the tune request form on the Livernois website and it asks for 3 codes but doesn't tell you how to get them. Plugged the tuner into my car and got an error "unsupported vehicle". F. :curse::headbang:
😬

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Damn, sorry you’re having trouble, I had no issues.
In my case there was a newer Mach 1 factory firmware than my 21 had so I had to go to that first, then I loaded either the 93 or flex tune next. There was a long email explaining the process. Did you get that?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Damn, sorry you’re having trouble, I had no issues.
In my case there was a newer Mach 1 factory firmware than my 21 had so I had to go to that first, then I loaded either the 93 or flex tune next. There was a long email explaining the process. Did you get that?
Nope. Got a box in the mail with a photocopied pdf of the generic instructions on the website.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. Got a box in the mail with a photocopied pdf of the generic instructions on the website.
Kris,

Thank you for your order!

Your tuner is ready to update using the Mycalibrator update software which can be downloaded from the following link if you haven't already done so on your current PC. If you have the app installed already, simply connect your tuner to the PC and open the app to begin the update process. I have set you up with the latest 91-93 octane and E85 flex fuel performance tunes for your vehicle which will now be stored on the tuner along with an updated copy of your stock tune that has to be installed first since you were running an earlier stock tune that Ford's since replaced with a few newer improved versions.

So you'll also see one additional file that is labeled STEP 1- LOAD 1st UPDATED STOCK that will bring your vehicle up to date with Ford's latest and greatest factory calibration that you will need to install before loading one of the custom tunes. Any time we see a client's vehicle is running an earlier stock cal that Ford has since replaced with an updated version, we prefer to update the vehicle first and then load a custom tune that's been built from their latest calibrations to ensure the best results possible. I've also included the E85 flex fuel ethanol relearning process below you'll need to follow when switching fuels with different levels of ethanol to let the car adjust before doing any hard driving.

When finished updating you will be all set to connect the tuner to the vehicle and load your new tune of choice by selecting Programming from the main menu and then the Performance cals sub-menu. Then slide your finger up / down the screen to scroll through the available tune choices pressing in on the file you wish to install. Once the tuner has successfully completed programming the custom tune to your vehicle, you will see a prompt that says it's finished and a reminder to make sure you turn off the ignition for 3 seconds or more before pressing Back. Once you see that message, be sure to turn the ignition OFF for a minimum of 3 seconds or more, and then press Back when finished. Let us know if you have any issues or questions as well. Thank you very much for your business and we hope you have a great day!

Please follow the link below to install the Mycalibrator tuner update application if you have not already done so. Once installed open the new program labeled Mycalibrator, connect the tuner to the PC with the supplied USB cable, And select "Update" to complete the file transfer if it hasn't begun automatically once connected.

https://www.livernoismotorsports.com/DOWNLOADS

When you first flash most of the 2010 and newer vehicles they shift harder than normal. They have adaptive learning and will soften up, but still be firmer than stock as it learns how you drive.

E85 Flex fuel relearning drive cycle process

Perform a 5-10 minutes part throttle (below 50% without extended idle time) drive cycle before going heavy throttle if using any ethanol blend. I will say if you're consistently using gasoline, you would be fine, but transitioning to, from, or even when staying with ethanol blends you should do this drive cycle to allow it to learn the ethanol content.

So, basically

91-93 in the last 2 tanks, and putting 91-93 in it again, no drive cycle needed

E85 in the tank, and putting in 91-93, drive cycle needed for at least 2 tank fulls to get all the ethanol out

91-93 in the tank and moving to E85, drive cycle needed

any mix of E85 in the tank adding E85 in, or 91-93 in requires the drive cycle.

Thank you

Regards,

Livernois Motorsports & Engineering, LLC
Phone: 313-561-5500 Fax: 313-730-7500
Sponsored