Sponsored

Palm Beach or Livernois tune for the Mach 1

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So I’m looking for 20-30hp to get my 21 Mach 1 over 500hp at the crank that is.
I’ve been contemplating the risk worth reward on my 17 month old car that’s been pretty darn solid.
It’s an A10 so another part of my reason for considering a tune is to make the shifting a little better and iron out some of the weird quirks this trans has every once in a while.
Livernois is $600 with the tuner.
No data logging necessary and has 93 octane and flex tune included.
Palm Beach Dyno is on sale for $775 with the 93 and flex tune.
It requires a little more work with data logging.
all I have is an h-pipe and AirRaid filter,headers are not an option because of the noise, too much for me.
So which one do you guys suggest, any personal experience with either in a Mach 1?
Thanks
Sponsored

Mach1soldier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 f150 EB
I’m using PBD. I’m happy. Data logging was easy with rtd device and phone app.

are you going to run e85? I wouldn’t bother with a tune if running only 93

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I’m using PBD. I’m happy. Data logging was easy with rtd device and phone app.

are you going to run e85? I wouldn’t bother with a tune if running only 93
I plan on trying E85 in the spring. Only will use Flex.
During the winter I will drive it but only when it’s dry so I don’t want the car to sit for a week with E85 in it. My 1 gas station consistently tests at only 70% ethanol so hope that’s good enough.
So the 93 tune isn’t noticeable huh?
How about the shifting on the A10, does it make it smoother and less weirdness?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
While PBD will probably take one look at your logs and say “all good” I’d prefer a tuner who is going to review my logs to ensure the car is performing as expected.

I did run Livernois back in 2015 on my GT and had no issues. That was right when the 15s were released and at the time Livernois was a heavy presence on the forums pushing their flex tuning capabilities which is likely why I went that route.

Regardless, I am sure you’ll see improvements with both options.

Mach1soldier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 f150 EB
I plan on trying E85 in the spring. Only will use Flex.
During the winter I will drive it but only when it’s dry so I don’t want the car to sit for a week with E85 in it. My 1 gas station consistently tests at only 70% ethanol so hope that’s good enough.
So the 93 tune isn’t noticeable huh?
How about the shifting on the A10, does it make it smoother and less weirdness?
it made the shifts a little quicker And smoother. I leave my car sitting for weeks with e85 in it. You won’t have a problem. E70 will give you good gains.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I went with Wengerd. About to start datalogging here soon. He's tuned quite a few of these already. 93/E85/Flex.

swoop1156

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach HP, 22 Raptor 37PP, 22 Cayenne Turbo SE
I do not have experience with PBD, nor with tuning an S550 Mach 1 in general - though I have used Livernois Motorsports in multiple past vehicles ('04 Mach 1, '06 Fusion 3.0L, two 6.2L Raptors, Sport Trac Adrenalin V8, etc...) with absolutely zero issues and incredible customer service.

Being that they're literally down the road from the world of Ford, their relationship with and information from is quite intricate and stellar. As soon as their tuner is back in stock (haven't looked recently to be honest) I'm getting it for my 2.7TT Edge ST.

I vote Livernois.

NoGo5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AJ
Vehicle(s)
2011 5.0, 2016 F-150 5.0
For Mustang tuning I would go with PBD, they have great customer service, walk you through each process you'll need to do and they make good power reliably. Livernois is a great option as well but over at Lethal Performance we have more experience with PBD on mustang tuning. All in all you can't go wrong with either but I'd go for PBD personally (and I did, PBD tuned my whipple stang.) :like:

(LInk to the PBD tune) https://www.lethalperformance.com/p...ted-tuning-for-ucal-2018-2021-mustang-gt.html

pbd.jpg

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Keep in mind we offer to log for customers but it is not required! Our tune files are well-vetted and run on thousands of cars. If you would like to datalog we have no issue reviewing and looking over your logs. We also do not charge a fee to do this, it is all included in the price of the tuner along with unlimited revisions and updates and real-time customer support over the phone or via email.

Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
I do not have experience with PBD, nor with tuning an S550 Mach 1 in general - though I have used Livernois Motorsports in multiple past vehicles ('04 Mach 1, '06 Fusion 3.0L, two 6.2L Raptors, Sport Trac Adrenalin V8, etc...) with absolutely zero issues and incredible customer service.

Being that they're literally down the road from the world of Ford, their relationship with and information from is quite intricate and stellar. As soon as their tuner is back in stock (haven't looked recently to be honest) I'm getting it for my 2.7TT Edge ST.

I vote Livernois.
our tuner is indeed back in stock!

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've been running a flex fuel tune from Livernois for 6 months on my '18 PP1 M6. I just have a JLT CAI and exhaust. Night and day over stock tune. E70 is plenty. The car feels so much stronger at lower RPMs which makes daily driving more enjoyable. I like their tuner being touch screen and being able monitor the E content with it.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
I've been running a flex fuel tune from Livernois for 6 months on my '18 PP1 M6. I just have a JLT CAI and exhaust. Night and day over stock tune. E70 is plenty. The car feels so much stronger at lower RPMs which makes daily driving more enjoyable. I like their tuner being touch screen and being able monitor the E content with it.
Glad to hear you have been enjoying the tune! Thank you for your kind words!

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I think both would probably give you good results. I have used Livernois in the past and have personally taken a tour of there shop. They are so much more than just a tuner/speed shop.

Another thing to think about is distance to the shop. You are in travel distance to Michigan and could use livernois for more work one day.

If I was in Florida I would probably use the Florida shop. And if I was in or near Texas I would use one of there known shops.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think both would probably give you good results. I have used Livernois in the past and have personally taken a tour of there shop. They are so much more than just a tuner/speed shop.

Another thing to think about is distance to the shop. You are in travel distance to Michigan and could use livernois for more work one day.

If I was in Florida I would probably use the Florida shop. And if I was in or near Texas I would use one of there known shops.
That's actually a great point about them being within driving distance!
Thank you
Sponsored