Palm Beach or Livernois tune for the Mach 1

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
That assuming they left the factory knock sensor strategy/sensitivity alone.
Yeah I guess, but what tuner with a brain would take that logic/strategy out unless it was your personal car…
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah I guess, but what tuner with a brain would take that logic/strategy out unless it was your personal car…
I can name a few that were doing it about 5 years ago.

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I can name a few that were doing it about 5 years ago.
Well don’t use those tuners lol.. that is careless and dum ne could cause you an engine failure because of shitty fuel which happens all the time..

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Well don’t use those tuners lol.. that is careless and dum ne could cause you an engine failure because of shitty fuel which happens all the time..
Oh, it did. LOTS. Those tuners are in the top 3 today BTW......

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
Im using the Flex Soft shift tune and the power is awesome!! the first tune like others have said shifted sooo incredibly harsh and i too have no idea why anyone would ever want that at all. I would literally kick the traction control system when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd, it would crack the tires no matter how soft u were on the throttle. They sent the revised one but 2nd-3rd and 4th-5th are still kinda harsh for whatever reason. I thought the factory algorithm when in sport mode shifted at a perfect firmness. It would be nice if it were the same as factory shifting but just the added power to it for E85.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Im using the Flex Soft shift tune and the power is awesome!! the first tune like others have said shifted sooo incredibly harsh and i too have no idea why anyone would ever want that at all. I would literally kick the traction control system when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd, it would crack the tires no matter how soft u were on the throttle. They sent the revised one but 2nd-3rd and 4th-5th are still kinda harsh for whatever reason. I thought the factory algorithm when in sport mode shifted at a perfect firmness. It would be nice if it were the same as factory shifting but just the added power to it for E85.
Are you using Livernois Flex soft shift like me?
If so, does yours have a weird lagginess when shifting from 6-7?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
Are you using Livernois Flex soft shift like me?
If so, does yours have a weird lagginess when shifting from 6-7?
Yes, it sometimes seems like it slips the converter a bit too much now. It would be so nice if it drove like stock but just with the added power. I know things aren't going to be the same as stock when u tune the car but just a wish i guess. The car was completely underivable with the first tune they sent. EVERY corner it would break loose with the slightest throttle input. The car shifted hard enough in sport mode and normal in regular (transmission mode) now the regular seems bit too lazy and sport does some weird things sometimes.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, it sometimes seems like it slips the converter a bit too much now. It would be so nice if it drove like stock but just with the added power. I know things aren't going to be the same as stock when u tune the car but just a wish i guess. The car was completely underivable with the first tune they sent. EVERY corner it would break loose with the slightest throttle input. The car shifted hard enough in sport mode and normal in regular (transmission mode) now the regular seems bit too lazy and sport does some weird things sometimes.
Ok, interesting to hear you are having the same issue with 6-7 shift. They still haven't gotten back to me about it after I took the time to do data logging and send it to them.
It is apparent on all 3 tunes i've tried.. regular 93, Flex and now easy shift flex tune. I will contact Hunter again.
I agree about how bad the shifting was before , quarter throttle around a curve and the car wanted to break lose and spin out... kinda dangerous actually... LOL
Overall I'm pretty happy the more I drive this new tune as the transmission seems to be further along in it's learning. How many miles have you had on the new tune?
I'm on 93 octane for now until spring because the added power of E85 isn''t needed on all-seasons and in the cold here.
I think no matter what the A10 will act quirky at times but getting it good 98% of the time would be nice.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
OK guys well we are sneaking up on the April driving season and I’m seriously considering a Livernois flex tune. Can anyone offer a last minute do it or don’t do it? (@Livernois Motorsports you don’t get to vote LOL!)

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
OK guys well we are sneaking up on the April driving season and I’m seriously considering a Livernois flex tune. Can anyone offer a last minute do it or don’t do it? (@Livernois Motorsports you don’t get to vote LOL!)
I'll always vote for e/flex as long as it's available to you 😁

Sponsored

JOKER M1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium (SOLD)
DO IT!!!, I’ve been flexed before and will do it again only this time with Livernois

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Do it! You won't be disappointed. I've been running their flex fuel tune for almost a year now. Zero regrets.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Do it! Car is noticeably faster and runs perfect! They are a “safe” tuner imo kinda like Steeda.
You have a stick so no worries on the A10 quirks.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Did they every answer you? I've PM'd also with no response. Was getting ready to pull the trigger and asked about cost and a few other things but now this is making me second guess a little.
Hey Mike, I’d just call them, ask for Hunter.
I don’t think he’s been on the Forum much lately.
Sponsored