Palm Beach or Livernois tune for the Mach 1

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I’ve been toying with getting a flex tune for years, first with the 2018 GT and now with the Mach. The gas we have available around here is advertised at the pump as E51-80 or something like that. I don’t have the patience for testing every tank and going full E85 and just keep wondering if a flex tune on a Gen 3 with a manual would even be worth it. Just can’t get over that hump.
It's a night and day difference, even in areas that only offer "flex fuel" as low as e54. The added power and additional cooling is significant.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any long term negatives to running e85? Like bad for injectors or exhaust or engine in any way?
I’ve always heard different opinions from people

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Are there any long term negatives to running e85? Like bad for injectors or exhaust or engine in any way?
I ran e85 for over 40k miles with no issues. Then I went TT and have run a lot of boostane in every tank since then. I'm at 81k miles now and DI injectors and O2s are still the stock ones with no issues. Port injectors where still doing great when I swapped them for boost. Some guys have O2 issues but I think it's usually guys with headers with a different angle for the O2 bung.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
As long as you flush with gasoline (Run 1-2 tanks full through) before any LONG term (6 months+), NO........

Ethanol is SOLVENT, just like gasoline. It's a cleaner. The only time when it can gum up, is when left sitting in orifices for periods of time long enough for air (moisture in air) to enter and evaporate the Ethanol. This doesn't happen in days, weeks, or less than 6 months normally.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
As long as you flush with gasoline (Run 1-2 tanks full through) before any LONG term (6 months+), NO........

Ethanol is SOLVENT, just like gasoline. It's a cleaner. The only time when it can gum up, is when left sitting in orifices for periods of time long enough for air (moisture in air) to enter and evaporate the Ethanol. This doesn't happen in days, weeks, or less than 6 months normally.
this^

very good explanation as well

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
how long does PBD usually take to do a tune? Ordered the RTD & tune from Lethal on Jan. 20th. Got the RTD the 24th, email from PBD on 26th to dl stock file send back to them, issues dl'g stock file, had to set RTD to TC-298, sent stock file to PBD on the 26th. Didn't get anything back yesterday(27th). Car is going in Monday for LT's/thermostat install. I try to stick with Florida companies since its where I live. I'm excited to see what the car is going to feel like after the mods/tune. Its already pretty quick as is with the A10.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am impressed. Kyle from PBD send me my initial tune file at 10:22 last night. Waiting on car to load it & datalog back to them for adjustments.

Mjschneidy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 82 GT Track Car, 73 Stroppe Bronco
@Livernois Motorsports, any experience with the L&M Intake Only cams in a 21 Mach1? Curious if you have optimized cam timing tunes ready to go or if we’d need to dyno tune them. Naturally aspirated road race / HPDE application. Would be looking for 93, E85/Flex. Thanks Mike

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
my revised tune is ever better than the initial. car hits harder now.

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
My understanding is that @Livernois Motorsports also developed the Ford Performance tune. I wonder how similar the Livernoise 91/93 tune is compared to the FP Calibration. Perhaps they are the same, except that the Livernoise tune should work with the stock airbox and throttle body?

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
My understanding is that @Livernois Motorsports also developed the Ford Performance tune. I wonder how similar the Livernoise 91/93 tune is compared to the FP Calibration. Perhaps they are the same, except that the Livernoise tune should work with the stock airbox and throttle body?
Where did you read that?

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I’ve been toying with getting a flex tune for years, first with the 2018 GT and now with the Mach. The gas we have available around here is advertised at the pump as E51-80 or something like that. I don’t have the patience for testing every tank and going full E85 and just keep wondering if a flex tune on a Gen 3 with a manual would even be worth it. Just can’t get over that hump.
From the different tuning places I’ve used or talked to it doesn’t really matter as much as you think. On a dedicated E85R tune it thinks you have E75+ and it wants you to have that but if you don’t for some reason and you put the peddle to the floor and you get any knock at all then the car will still cut timing liek crazy to protect your motor just like the car does stock. If you run 87 octane it cuts tons of timing when you are racing etc.. so either way you are safe to run the dedicated tune even if you fill up and it isn’t perfect fuel. Of course you want to have good fuel but we all know that doesn’t happen All the time lol..

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
From the different tuning places I’ve used or talked to it doesn’t really matter as much as you think. On a dedicated E85R tune it thinks you have E75+ and it wants you to have that but if you don’t for some reason and you put the peddle to the floor and you get any knock at all then the car will still cut timing liek crazy to protect your motor just like the car does stock. If you run 87 octane it cuts tons of timing when you are racing etc.. so either way you are safe to run the dedicated tune even if you fill up and it isn’t perfect fuel. Of course you want to have good fuel but we all know that doesn’t happen All the time lol..
That assuming they left the factory knock sensor strategy/sensitivity alone.
Sponsored