OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Are you running E-85 ? im going to get one just not sure which one yet so im looking for honest info lol
I’m running the flex tune. I’ve tried both e85 and 93. My e85 is only 70% though.
But during the winter here in Chicago I’m running 93.
I can barely keep that on the pavement! Lol

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So Livernois sent me an additional Flex tune that for softer shifting. I have not loaded it yet because I'd first like to know what would be the negatives.
I'm wondering why this wouldn't be their tune they send from the beginning, why would anyone want aggressive jolting shifts.
Anyone know?
Lessening shift pressure, harmful to trans as it clutches power more?
Also wondering if they decrease timing or lessen power too.
Waiting to hear from Livernois but thought I'd throw it out there for anyone with knowledge on tuning the A10 shifting.

Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
If you want to go fast, the transmission needs to shift hard and fast.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
If you want to go fast, the transmission needs to shift hard and fast.
So I can’t have both.
like smooth when I don’t want to go fast and sharp/hard when I step in it.
That sucks imo
Wife’s X5 is smooth as butter all the time

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
So I can’t have both.
like smooth when I don’t want to go fast and sharp/hard when I step in it.
That sucks imo
Wife’s X5 is smooth as butter all the time
I think your going to have to work with the guys at Palm Beach, but just know everything is a compromise.

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think your going to have to work with the guys at Palm Beach, but just know everything is a compromise.
Livernois flex tune is what I’m using

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
to explain in detail,

a "soft shift" adjustment changes some stuff on the trans side of the calibration it will not harm anything and there is no downside other than you may feel the car is not as quick because the shifts are not so hard and snappy.

Most of the people tuned by us want the car as aggressively as possible, some people even will hit us up wanting it even more aggressively, I am one of those people that wants the car to kick me in the butt when it shifts but that's personal preference.

We do not change the timing on the calibration its on the trans side of the tune

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
to explain in detail,

a "soft shift" adjustment changes some stuff on the trans side of the calibration it will not harm anything and there is no downside other than you may feel the car is not as quick because the shifts are not so hard and snappy.

Most of the people tuned by us want the car as aggressively as possible, some people even will hit us up wanting it even more aggressively, I am one of those people that wants the car to kick me in the butt when it shifts but that's personal preference.

We do not change the timing on the calibration its on the trans side of the tune
Thank you for the explanation.
I will be loading as soon as I can.
Weather not the best this week in Chicago so may be a little before I can give review.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Thank you for the explanation.
I will be loading as soon as I can.
Weather not the best this week in Chicago so may be a little before I can give review.
it just snowed over the weekend for us here in MI so I feel the struggle! Hope you like it!

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The shifting issues is why I ended up going with Lund vs PBD or any others. Having driven cars with PBD, the shifts feel like the trans is going to fall out they are soo hard for no reason. My car shifts buttery smooth and is crazy fast with nice fast shifts but you barely feel them unless you’re in drag mode then it is super aggressive like it should be. No experience with livernois on mustangs but ran their tunes on a Taurus SHO and it was a decent tune. Hopefully you figure out the problem you’re having. If not you will have to buy a GT500 with the new dual clutch trans if you like shifting with paddles fast haha. 😂

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Ok,
So I loaded the Livernois Softer Shift Flex Tune and I've driven the car 3 times since. Each time I got the trans up to operating temps which takes a while in 28 degree weather....lol
WOW, what a huge difference! Finally the car drives like a modern sports car should.
Slowing down using paddles from 3rd to 2nd slowly to a Stop sign no longer kicks the car forward, nice and smooth.
accelerating through the gears using paddles no longer jerks your foot off the pedal or breaks loose the tires at less than half thottle.
No idea why anyone but a drag racer would want the normal tune that shifts that harsh, maybe a young kid but not my 44 year old ass... lol
So in shorth, I highly recommend the Livernois soft shift flex tune, car runs great!
Also, the customer service I received from Hunter was top notch, very responsive and knowledgble.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I’ve been toying with getting a flex tune for years, first with the 2018 GT and now with the Mach. The gas we have available around here is advertised at the pump as E51-80 or something like that. I don’t have the patience for testing every tank and going full E85 and just keep wondering if a flex tune on a Gen 3 with a manual would even be worth it. Just can’t get over that hump.
Sponsored