Sponsored

Paint peeling on mirror

2015GT50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
2015 GT, always garage stored and never winter driven with 23k km. Mirror paint is peeling already.
Mustang mirror.jpg
Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
2015 GT, always garage stored and never winter driven with 23k km. Mirror paint is peeling already.
Mustang mirror.jpg

Well that’s nice to know but what’s the question? If you are still within warranty then have them look at it, but you are so close I would look at everything and try to have it all done at once before the warranty runs out (like check the air conditioner).

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
That looks like you might have hit it and chipped it.. There's tiny little scratches that run along side your mirror like you hit it

OP
OP
2015GT50

2015GT50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
That looks like you might have hit it and chipped it.. There's tiny little scratches that run along side your mirror like you hit it
never been hit, just dirty, i should had washed it. Just the paint peeling from the back. Ford says it's environmental.
that was a bad picture with some dirt. Never has been chipped or hit. It's peeling from the end which i assume the prep was not done properly prior to be painted at factory. Was 2 weeks too late from my 3 year warranty and Ford says it's not covered under the 5 year body coverage.

I am just wondering if other Mustangs are having the same issue. I know of a few Escapes in our fleet that are having the same issue.

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
the paint on the mirror isn't covered under the body coverage? what kind of BS is that? Paint is paint. I guess the spoiler isn't covered either?
That's chicken shit Ford!

Sponsored

Goosey23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had the same exact issue, i'll have to dig some pics up. My dealer repainted it under warranty.

OP
OP
2015GT50

2015GT50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Found a pic.
IMG_2962.jpg
wow, that's way worst than mine.

I will have to fix it myself, call Ford Service and unfortunately I was 2 weeks too late before my 3 year bumper to bumper run out. Too bad, as the way that that Ford has been treating their customers lately (we have 22 Fords in our fleet at work) I will most likely be choosing other brands in the future.

Goosey23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine was around a year and a half after being sold too.

jeffrt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium - Magnetic
My 2015 had the same thing on the driver's mirror. I just fixed it up with some touch up (assumed one of my kids may have hit it), but now wonder if I should have brought it in.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just go on eBay and purchase a set of new mirror take off caps in same color. They pop right off and you won’t have to worry about the peeled ones anymore.
Sponsored