Sponsored

Paint issues on rear bumper

Squigley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Oxford White
Hey fellas, I took delivery of my Mustang about a month ago and noticed two very small amounts of paint missing from the front and rear bumpers. They were so small that it didn't bother me. But, today after washing my car, I noticed a lot of paint starting to come off the rear bumper above the license plate. I don't think I hit anything or anything hit me. It looks like the paint just rubbed off. Is this a quality control issue? If it is, is there anything I can do???
IMG_0815.jpg
IMG_0814.jpg
IMG_0811.jpg
IMG_0813.jpg
Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Looks like someone clipped your bumper, it sucks. I feel your pain. Someone got my front bumper before I made my first payment.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Squigley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I thought the same thing but it doesn't look like scratches. It looks and feels like the paint just rubbed off some how. I thought it might have been a quality control issue since there were other areas missing paint from day one.

Looks like someone clipped your bumper, it sucks. I feel your pain. Someone got my front bumper before I made my first payment.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
You may be right in that case. Did you have it documented when you took delivery?

OP
OP

Squigley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately I did not. I really wasn't worried about the two small specks of missing paint. Now I'm starting to worry that the entire paint job is bad... I have an appointment to get a clear bra for the entire front end this week.

You may be right in that case. Did you have it documented when you took delivery?

Sponsored

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
The bumper looks like it was damaged "rubbed" due to a hit of some sorts. Area may not have been primed properly for paint as well if it was not damaged . A body shop could tell you the cause easily...........:tsk::faint:

Ap8823

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
I have giant CO paint bubbles onmine

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I have/had a similar issue (pic #2) with my '16 OW GT. Only difference is it looks like the factory/plant/dealer TRIED to hide it with touch-up paint. They didn't do a good job, I noticed it the during my first wash.
Sponsored