P1SC Startup Noise or Belt?

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It is very hard and I empathize for you. That video certainly has sounds that do not belong. I would recommend trying to further isolate where the noise is coming from. A simple piece of pvc pipe can help by using it to listen to focused areas of the engine bay. Where is the noise the loudest? If you spray water on that area does it go away momentarily.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
It is very hard and I empathize for you. That video certainly has sounds that do not belong. I would recommend trying to further isolate where the noise is coming from. A simple piece of pvc pipe can help by using it to listen to focused areas of the engine bay. Where is the noise the loudest? If you spray water on that area does it go away momentarily.
Its only there for about 1 min on a very cold start. Sound is near procharger bracket. Lot of echo in that area so hard to pinpoint. Even used a stethoscope in the limited window.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
@ProChargerTECH I don't know what to do at this point and am just asking for help. Snarky remarks are not helpful. Its your kit. If you think you can do better I'll fly you out, pay for hotel, car, food, and labor. I just want the car working as its supposed to.
Its not a snarky remark,... you have had install issues from day one. Its been suggested that you should go over everything with a fine tooth comb, since your issues are not normal.

Simple things like not using loc-tite on things that spin, or properly TQ'ing bolts... are small things that make or break and install.

The noise you posed it not normal...

1) Check belt tension (the tensioner has three positions)
2) Check every bolt again (as suggested before)
3)Make sure the belt isn't touching timing cover.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Check for this.... since this can happen on HO kits on the later model cars. (Ford made the ribs a little longer on the timing covers, and it can hit the belt if not trimmed a little bit)

procharger-belt-rubbing-jpg.jpg

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
You know I bought a kit and paid a place to install it similar to many that get these complete kits I am sure. I have got so much criticism as well and I just don't get it. I wanted a working fun car as much as anyone in here. Luck of the draw questionable install and they made some mistakes. Nothing I could have done about that. I have went through and paid for every recommendation and tried on my own to fix the issue and asked Procharger installers around as well. @ProChargerTECH I don't know what to do at this point and am just asking for help. Snarky remarks are not helpful. Its your kit. If you think you can do better I'll fly you out, pay for hotel, car, food, and labor. I just want the car working as its supposed to.
I tell people all the time procharger makes a excellent product. but don’t ask them for help.
You are lucky, procharger blew my engine

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Does the belt show any signs of wear like it’s rubbing on anything?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I just looked at your second video again and it really looks like your belt is out of alignment. the idler looks like it is farther out than the tensioner. like they’re not even with each other. one is sticking out further than the other. They probably put the spacers in the wrong spots. Each spacer has a correct spot and if you mix them up it’s all bad. from the sound of your installer I would definitely check this

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
They probably put the spacers in the wrong spots
Yes, the belt should be 100% on the pulley. It needs a spacer.

Watch your second video, it is pretty obvious.

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it all taken apart. Spacers are in the right spot. Camera angle is just playing tricks. I donzomd blemishes on the part the top idler goes over.

20210124_104519.jpg

20210124_104512.jpg

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Is that rust or a flat spot?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Matching inside idler.

20210124_105659.jpg

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
that will certainly result in a bunch of squealing and noise. using a dremel is not a good fix as the surface will not be perfect. it would be best to replace those parts. rust is like cancer and spreads once there is a small amount.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Polish it up , emry cloth or a scotch brite pad.,

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vinegar helps dissolve rust too.

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
That’s a spacer....the bearing doesn’t ride on that so the rust is not an issue.
Sponsored