Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
1) Bad tune twice,
2) missing bolts,
3) installer getting IC backwards
4) belt not tightened enough for some unknown tightening spec.
Man, I am trying to help here (and so are others) but...

1) 100% on your installer (chased tail with tune, due to backwards intercooler)
2) Missing bolts 100% on us, though they also might have been misplaced
3) 100% on your installer (literally 5 pages of photos show this)
4) 100% on your installer (sounds like they skipped it)

All that being said, 100% ready to work with you, Nobody likes a good car, not running right soooo....

a) please have someone look at your belt tension, and or your idler installation, cause it should be pretty dang quiet,... like mine isn't any louder then my neighbors denali on start up

b) please install the tune that they are sending you shortly. then report back to them if there is an issue. (they sent you a file yesterday, yet hadn't heard anything back from you)
Sponsored

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Number 1 is not accurate at all. Tune was after intercooler issue. The revs would not drop below 2k after driving and was running lean, confirmed by your tuner. They resolved that. There is a surging issue when cold they are working on now. I know these things happen. I am just stressed as I have a lot going on and this is a nuisance for me. Please understand.

I have been working with you guys on the phone to get this sorted out. I haven't yet responded because I worked late yesterday. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet. I will try and get the tune on, pulleys checked, and belt tightened further this afternoon in between working.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well after talking on the phone yesterday he said try the tightening more. I officially think its too tight now as the sound is much worse.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Loosened the belt back up to about 1/8th in play in the belt as suggested from Jeremy at Procharger. Noise is a bit easier to pinpoint now as I think some extra sound was coming from it being too tight. Seems to be coming from the lower idler pulley on the head unit bracket. Belt seems on their straight and the idler shaft and spacer are definitely on there as shown on the installation picture from @ProChargerTECH.

Update: After further verifying, they are sending me some pulleys to try out.

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Loosened the belt back up to about 1/8th in play in the belt as suggested from Jeremy at Procharger. Noise is a bit easier to pinpoint now as I think some extra sound was coming from it being too tight. Seems to be coming from the lower idler pulley on the head unit bracket. Belt seems on their straight and the idler shaft and spacer are definitely on there as shown on the installation picture from @ProChargerTECH.

Update: After further verifying, they are sending me some pulleys to try out.
I have very bad surging issues with procharger tune. Not knocking them just what happened. The throttle body effective area was way off and injector data was wrong.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
This is old school.

It does sound like a slipping belt or bad idler to me.

Back in the day we found bad belts by spraying them with belt dressing. Not sure if it is made anymore but simple hair spray will stop the squeal if the belt is indeed slipping.

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So waiting on the idler pulley replacements, but thought it would be okay to drive a little bit to test the new tune since its just squealing. It acts a little weird now when I try normally accelerating to local limits. Its not bucking and surging but its like I have to push through a wall to get it there. Thats the best way to explain it. I drove it home and it died. Started it up and it instantly died. Tried again and it ran, so I parked it. Sent this to their tuners. Who knows.... at this rate I am willing to pay to fly a procharger tech out here instead of waste my time so I can get a car to drive. This is stupid.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I don't know how far you are from AED but I'd bet Sean can get it sorted.

Should be a local mustang performance shop that would be able to figure it out.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Might give these guys a call. If you have AAA a tow would be cheaper then flying in a Pro charger guy. They are in Vancouver Wa.

www.fastspecialties.com

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alright. Its been some time as had to fit this into schedule. Procharger sent me new idler pulleys and gave me a part number for a gates belt. Got them installed yesterday, and when I started up the car it was super quiet. I was excited. This morning though back to disappointment. After about 5 seconds it started making this sound. Stopped after a couple of minutes. Talked with TMS locally and they said these kits just make noise on startup. Can anyone confirm this is nornal? @ProChargerTECH ?

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Nope not normal.... Isn't this the car that's had some minor install issues since day 1?

EDIT: Crank pulley isn't issue, since you have HO kit. (sorry thought it was STG2)

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Alright. Its been some time as had to fit this into schedule. Procharger sent me new idler pulleys and gave me a part number for a gates belt. Got them installed yesterday, and when I started up the car it was super quiet. I was excited. This morning though back to disappointment. After about 5 seconds it started making this sound. Stopped after a couple of minutes. Talked with TMS locally and they said these kits just make noise on startup. Can anyone confirm this is nornal? @ProChargerTECH ?

My p1x I pretty loud and has been for years but yours also has a bad tapping and your engine sounds like a diesel in the previous video. I don’t know if it’s the procharger. The whistling noise sounds normal to me it’s the tapping and chirping that I don’t like

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope.... you once again got something going on. Isn't this the car that's had some minor install issues since day 1? Lets hope the crank pulley bolts aren't hitting something now.
Yup.... I've never regretted a mod so much tbh. I just want this to work right... crank pulley bolts hitting something??

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My p1x I pretty loud and has been for years but yours also has a bad tapping and your engine sounds like a diesel in the previous video. I don’t know if it’s the procharger
Likely the belt. Maybe just needs retightened I'm hoping.

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You know I bought a kit and paid a place to install it similar to many that get these complete kits I am sure. I have got so much criticism as well and I just don't get it. I wanted a working fun car as much as anyone in here. Luck of the draw questionable install and they made some mistakes. Nothing I could have done about that. I have went through and paid for every recommendation and tried on my own to fix the issue and asked Procharger installers around as well. @ProChargerTECH I don't know what to do at this point and am just asking for help. Snarky remarks are not helpful. Its your kit. If you think you can do better I'll fly you out, pay for hotel, car, food, and labor. I just want the car working as its supposed to.
Sponsored