Sponsored

P1SC Startup Noise or Belt?

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
My recently installed Procharger HO system I noticed is very loud in startup. The sound drops considerably after about 15 minutes or so. I thought maybe it was the belt and tightened it up considerably but had zero impact. Are these head units just stupid loud on cold start? This is helical gear set. With hood down an windows up its louder than my Corsa exhaust. After 15 minutes or so of running it goes away completely and then all I hear is slight procharger whistle. This noise is driving me mad and literally have neighbors looking out the window everytime I start my car.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My recently installed Procharger HO system I noticed is very loud in startup. The sound drops considerably after about 15 minutes or so. I thought maybe it was the belt and tightened it up considerably but had zero impact. Are these head units just stupid loud on cold start? This is helical gear set. With hood down an windows up its louder than my Corsa exhaust. After 15 minutes or so of running it goes away completely and then all I hear is slight procharger whistle. This noise is driving me mad and literally have neighbors looking out the window everytime I start my car.

Ask procharcher tech on here... That doesn't sound normal. Helical gears take away the ticking noise that they make with the straight cut gears. Does that thing have oil on it?

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ask procharcher tech on here... That doesn't sound normal. Helical gears take away the ticking noise that they make with the straight cut gears. Does that thing have oil on it?
The belt is dry and nothing got on it that I can tell. But man... this thing is like a screaming banshee for the first 10-15 minutes after startup. As a kit that supposed to be a 5-6 hour install and done its really been a pita for me. Some of it partially my own fault but damn.

Jordan @ Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Yeah you could have a faulty bearing. Sorry to see/hear this happened. Definitely send that to Procharger so they can get you situated. They care about their product and will replace it if it has any defects. Let us know what happens. Good luck 🤞

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
you guys think that’s loud. sounds quiet to me. You should hear mine

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah you could have a faulty bearing. Sorry to see/hear this happened. Definitely send that to Procharger so they can get you situated. They care about their product and will replace it if it has any defects. Let us know what happens. Good luck 🤞
Yeah after waiting almost a month for it to get shipped to me to begin with I am not willing to put my car out of commission for a month while I wait on procharger to determine if there is a defective part on a $7k kit. Thats unacceptable to me. If there is something wrong they better send me replacement parts to try and I will send other parts back. Hopefully its something stupid that can be fixed easily. If not I'm taking the kit off and getting something else and will just have to bite the loss and cost of install I guess. So far this is more trouble than its worth. I was hoping after buying kit, supporting mods, install, etc, and waiting almost a month for it to ship after purchase I would just be able to drive and enjoy the thing. Thats why I got a complete kit afterall.... I guess that assumption was a bad one... I was already missing mounting bolts in the kit and original tune was undrivable. I still question the weird flat part of tube between filter and head unit.

20201114_185041.jpg

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Don't get mad, but I'm going to ask to make sure you put oil in the head unit. Did you put oil in the head unit?

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
My setup for comparison. The head units are absolutely louder under cold start, when the rpm drops due to the car warming up, the head unit will be quieter.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My setup for comparison. The head units are absolutely louder under cold start, when the rpm drops due to the car warming up, the head unit will be quieter.

Are those also quieter helical gears? I still get this noise when idle drops below 750. Its not until about 10-15 min that noise goes away. When it goes away I can rev all through the RPM range and its only a subtle whistle.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Are those also quieter helical gears? I still get this noise when idle drops below 750. Its not until about 10-15 min that noise goes away. When it goes away I can rev all through the RPM range and its only a subtle whistle.
F1a94, no helical gear option. It is significantly louder than the straight cut gear p1x I had previously.

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F1a94, no helical gear option. It is significantly louder than the straight cut gear p1x I had previously.
Mine is the quiet helical gear P1SC and I swear startup seems louder than that for me with this issue. Like my video doesn't do it justice. I was video chatting my mechanic friend during it and he still couldn't hear me 20 ft away. I had to go shut the car off.

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Mine is the quiet helical gear P1SC and I swear startup seems louder than that for me with this issue. Like my video doesn't do it justice. I was video chatting my mechanic friend during it and he still couldn't hear me 20 ft away. I had to go shut the car off.
If that's a helical unit, you've got something on your hands for sure. Call Procharger in the A.M.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I believe you will need to call them asap before it goes bad and you have an undrivable car. Manufacturing defects do happen from time to time so I think they would we willing to get you squared away.
Sponsored