Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Stingray M7
Yeah after waiting almost a month for it to get shipped to me to begin with I am not willing to put my car out of commission for a month while I wait on procharger to determine if there is a defective part on a $7k kit. Thats unacceptable to me. If there is something wrong they better send me replacement parts to try and I will send other parts back. Hopefully its something stupid that can be fixed easily. If not I'm taking the kit off and getting something else and will just have to bite the loss and cost of install I guess. So far this is more trouble than its worth. I was hoping after buying kit, supporting mods, install, etc, and waiting almost a month for it to ship after purchase I would just be able to drive and enjoy the thing. Thats why I got a complete kit afterall.... I guess that assumption was a bad one... I was already missing mounting bolts in the kit and original tune was undrivable. I still question the weird flat part of tube between filter and head unit.
I completely understand the frustration. Don't worry though, you won't have to take the whole thing off either. Something's up with that head unit is all. As for the flat spot, TBD.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I called procharger. They don't think its the head unit or bearing. They said it would be a persistent sound and wouldn't go away. They think the belt still isn't tight enough. Guess I will see how much the tensioner have left this afternoon.

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I called procharger. They don't think its the head unit or bearing. They said it would be a persistent sound and wouldn't go away. They think the belt still isn't tight enough. Guess I will see how much the tensioner have left this afternoon.
That's crazy, that shit is HELLA loud did you send them a video? I actually am curious as to what the problem is and what the solution would be.

BBW P1X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Honestly it could be the belt man, i just dropped pulleys this weekend and changed belts to a smaller one and it makes a whining noise like yours but not as bad but maybe test out the belts? go to a napa or oreillys, they are usually cool about you testing the belts for fitment

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
if the belt is off does it spin freely? if you rev it does the frequency change with rpm?

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well after the holiday week, I finally got around to tightening the belt. The stock tensioner and the Procharger's tensioner are pretty much maxed out I think. It seems it was the belt, but I still get some belt squealing for about 45 seconds before it goes away now. Maybe it just needs to be tightened as much as possible... who knows?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
To me it sounds like an idler spacer is missing, or installed wrong. (this is the car that had the intercooler on backwards right?) This might be a good time to triple check everything, cause that sounds like metal on metal to me.

I have a P1SC1 Helical on my daily driver, and literally, hardly anyone even knows its on there. (you can hear the injectors click over mine).

Here are the areas I would check. Might be as simple as a washer rubbing the pulley.

(Attached Files)

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 11.44.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 11.45.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 11.46.01 AM.png

Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well after the holiday week, I finally got around to tightening the belt. The stock tensioner and the Procharger's tensioner are pretty much maxed out I think. It seems it was the belt, but I still get some belt squealing for about 45 seconds before it goes away now. Maybe it just needs to be tightened as much as possible... who knows?
Overtightened belts are bad, check what the tech says here, could be something simple.

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly I am about to uninstall it and return it. Its undrivable. When cold outside the car surges like crazy and jolts repeatedly. Belt noise is back with vengeance. I paid a lot for the kit and to have it professionally installed and so far I am just disappointed. The installer let me watch and be a part of install which was nice. I have not been able to enjoy the car since this kit was put on. So far 10 grand wasted. I am not knowledgeable in these kits enough to fix this. As a complete kit I thought I should be able to pay for kit and professional install and enjoy. That was a bad assumption. I feel like I completely ruined a good very low mileage car and literally wasted a ton of money I will not get back. I officially give up.... I work too many hours and have family obligations and don't have time to dicker with this everyday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Talked with Procharger on the phone. They said email them for a potential tune update for the surging issue. He gave me some advice on things to check in regards to the belt. Guess I am going for another round.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Not to be mean, but I think you need to look for a new shop/installation place. A lot of the problems you've had have been self induced. If you are unable to turn wrenches yourself, at least find a shop who can.

Your best bet is doing it yourself, none of this is rocket science. Then you will have a much better understanding of what is going on with your car.

OP
OP
Boddie

Boddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to be mean, but I think you need to look for a new shop/installation place. A lot of the problems you've had have been self induced. If you are unable to turn wrenches yourself, at least find a shop who can.

Your best bet is doing it yourself, none of this is rocket science. Then you will have a much better understanding of what is going on with your car.
I will keep your recommendation under consideration. I don't understand how my issues were self-induced but I will take your word for it. Bad tune twice, missing bolts, installer getting IC backwards (Not as hard to do as you may think) and belt not tightened enough for some unknown tightening spec.

As far as doing it myself... I would have loved to but I work many hours a week and houses with garages here are 600k+ so apartment complexes are not ideal for automotive work. This is why some of us "Pay more" to play.
Sponsored