P0443 Code - Purge Control Valve - Need some advice

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
Was hoping to get some advice on the forum- as my 2020R w/ 6300 miles - had the check engine light come on yesterday and threw out this code (see pic). The car ran perfectly on a 2 hour spirited drive but the only odd thing I noticed is when I was getting gas the fuel pump tripped within the first few seconds of it fueling. The attendant got the handle to stay in the open position after a few tries (I'm in NJ can't pump our own gas) but it would make sense- if the fuel vapors aren't being released due to a faulty valve- that it would be hard to initially fill the tank.

Is this an easy fix and should I just swap the entire valve? Or clear the code first and see if it comes back?
I've read this is a common Ford problem looking to see if any other 350 owners have solved this issue.

Snip20220427_19.png
Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Was hoping to get some advice on the forum- as my 2020R w/ 6300 miles - had the check engine light come on yesterday and threw out this code (see pic). The car ran perfectly on a 2 hour spirited drive but the only odd thing I noticed is when I was getting gas the fuel pump tripped within the first few seconds of it fueling. The attendant got the handle to stay in the open position after a few tries (I'm in NJ can't pump our own gas) but it would make sense- if the fuel vapors aren't being released due to a faulty valve- that it would be hard to initially fill the tank.

Is this an easy fix and should I just swap the entire valve? Or clear the code first and see if it comes back?
I've read this is a common Ford problem looking to see if any other 350 owners have solved this issue.

Snip20220427_19.png
Sounds like a warranty visit….

I’ve had that code twice. Once when the valve failed, and another time when the plastic stint (covered by electrical tape) just aft of the electrical connector chaffed the wire until it broke.

OP
OP
fatony618

fatony618

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R Heritage Edition
Sounds like a warranty visit….

I’ve had that code twice. Once when the valve failed, and another time when the plastic stint (covered by electrical tape) just aft of the electrical connector chaffed the wire until it broke.
Thanks for the advice. Took it to Ford and they swapped it out under warranty. Seems this is a common failed part and easy to fix. Just documenting here in case anyone else has this code come up under check engine.
Sponsored