Sponsored

Catch cans... need some advice

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
I installed the FP passenger side. I plan to use a syringe/or pump (like a soap dispenser) to empty.
Go to your local pharmacy and get a few free 10ml plastic syringes
Sponsored

Reactions: dps

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Until someone does a performance test/comparison (which would be difficult to do with any sort of accuracy) the general consensus is that they all perform similarly.

Having said that, it comes down to ease of operation and cost and fitment/looks.

Pick whichever aspect is most important to you.

If looks/fit and finish are important but ease of use and price aren't as important, go with the FRPP.

If price and ease of use are important to you and you're not as concerned what it looks like, go with the JLT.

I happen to prefer the JLT because I can check it often with ease. I also like best value and even though fit/finish is important to me, I'm not an under hood guy. I don't really care as much (not that I don't care at all, just not AS MUCH) about under hood appearance.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
RPDBlueMoon I'm curious, what did you have trouble with when installing this version? I like it better than the other, as it is secure/cleaner look and not just hanging out there.
I had some issues trying to screw the support beam in place. I actually dropped one of the screws in the engine bay and needed to replace it. (Don't expect others to have this issue, my dexterity is not the best because I have a bad case of Raynauds Disease, so I have alot of trouble with using my hands and getting in tricky areas).

The other problem I had was that the PCV hose (or whatever it was called) was being pinched with how it was supposed to go , so I had to loosen the fitting to get the house routed correctly. I didn't know if loosening it a smudge would cause oil to seep out, as Im not familiar with the design of catch cans.

Not a big deal but I wouldn't have had the setbacks if I went with the other one. But yes, I do agree I do like it better, as it is more secure and is a cleaner look, that was why I bought it initially :)

20200825_141732.jpg

20200825_141726.jpg

Last edited:

ABADHBT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Vehicle Showcase
I had some issues trying to screw the support beam in place. I actually dropped one of the screws in the engine bay and needed to replace it. (Don't expect others to have this issue, my dexterity is not the best because I have a bad case of Raynauds Disease, so I have alot of trouble with using my hands and getting in tricky areas).

The other problem I had was that the PCV hose (or whatever it was called) was being pinched with how it was supposed to go , so I had to loosen the fitting to get the house routed correctly. Didn't know if loosening it a smudge would cause an oil.

Not a big deal but I wouldn't have had the setbacks if I went with the other one. But yes, I do agree I do like it better, as it is more secure and is a cleaner look, that was why I bought it initially :)

20200825_141732.jpg

20200825_141726.jpg
Thank you! I actually ordered it after reading your other thread on the issue. I figured that is what you would have done. I’ll be sure to post up any issues I might have. Thanks again RPDBluemoon
Sponsored