Sponsored

P0430 code on 2021 GT w Roush blower w 16k miles???

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
I went through 5 cats on my 19 Roush Stage 3 in 16,000 miles before I got rid of it. I strongly believe it’s more Roush tune related. If I kept the car I was ditching the Roush tune.
WOW!!!!!! damnnnnn. This was my 1st cat @ 16k miles via driver side yesterday. I know on 2018-19's they had a recall for the cats. Which side was constantly failing???
Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
When you clog the cats with boost from them breaking apart, thats when you break ring lands on pistons. Always delete the cats with boost on these cars.
This is my next move, i don't want to be dealing with having cats replaced every 6 months especially after 3/36,000 mile warranty ends soon........

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
This is my next move, i don't want to be dealing with having cats replaced every 6 months especially after 3/36,000 mile warranty ends soon........
What is the best way to delete them? Replace with a straight pipe or disconnect the tail piece and rip the guts out of the cat? I assume a straight pipe would flow better.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
What is the best way to delete them? Replace with a straight pipe or disconnect the tail piece and rip the guts out of the cat? I assume a straight pipe would flow better.
You can gut them or buy a cat delete kit.
Anthony

Autopart101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
When my Roush was stock. In the first 2k miles got a P0430 code. Installed LTH and a Tune. Problem gone along with the warranty....

Sponsored

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I had mine gutted on my Roush and it worked out fine. Just used those Big Daddies O2 spacers when inspection time came around. This was also on a PBD tune and not the stock Roush calibration.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
WOW!!!!!! damnnnnn. This was my 1st cat @ 16k miles via driver side yesterday. I know on 2018-19's they had a recall for the cats. Which side was constantly failing???
3 on the driver side and 2 on the passenger side

junits15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks Mike, that is good to know. So in theory, if you keep driving with such failed cat, it will just completely deplete over time and car would become catless, right? When my cat failed, my dealer told me that I can just keep driving it until the new one arrives.
Somthigng to keep in mind:
On vehicles with cats very close to the exhaust ports, if there is significant reversion during valve overlap particles of substrate can go back into the motor. I haven't heard of it on a coyote ever, but I have heard of it on some nissans. I know someone who had a few of them in a row at the shop he works at, all nissan work vans.
There is no more EGR circuit any more, so they to some trickery with the valve overlap to achieve the same effect, which poses a risk if there are many substrate particles floating around in the headers.

I haven't come across anyone reporting it on this car, but I also dont know how much exhaust reversion is actually happening, and I'm not some authority figure on this motor. I wouldn't beat on it too much though. I drove on a failed cat for a month and it was fine, but I was gentle with it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Drivers side fails more often. I failed two ds before my first ps.

What to do to prevent it? The best solution I’ve found is to install gt500 cats.
Hey Mike,

Im interested and curious to know will stock 2021 GT500 exhaust manifolds fit a stock 2021 mustang GT 5.0 w Roush blower?? I am looking to upgrade to GT500 cats. The stock cats don't seem to be upto the task. And knowing the GT500 comes stock w a blower, I would think there cats are better than N/A cars. Will this work? and what does it entail..... How did you make it work for you?

Thanks Anthony

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
@monte87 i think I answered all your questions in the other thread you started.

And yes, they are stronger. They are 400 cpi vs coyote 750, and the material is thicker. I posted some comparison pics some time back.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
@monte87 i think I answered all your questions in the other thread you started.

And yes, they are stronger. They are 400 cpi vs coyote 750, and the material is thicker. I posted some comparison pics some time back.
AWESOME, than you so much for your time and effort and reply. Appreciate you, Man.
Anthony
Sponsored