P0315 code after loading Lund tune

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Dude, that's funny.

I love the "just go find a SCT x4" solution. $550 dollars and go find a different tuner.

Lund, WTH?
It's not Lunds fault in reality. It is just a shortcoming of the ngauge in general, no matter who tunes with it.
Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Its not a tuner thing. SCT just allows you to do a crank relearn. Ngauge doesnt. Also i got it again after loading the tune back up. I must just be one of the lucky ones with this supposed rare trouble code. But its easily taken care of with the SCT X4.

JoeySperz

@ShadowCoyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT
I just emailed Lund, I got the same code (and used the search function!). Has anyone resolved this without going to a dealer or using a SCT? Is there any risk to the car by having this code?

I have a 2016 GT manual with the Lund Tune/nGauge/JLT Intake. I just loaded the tune for the first time yesterday, drove it around, the code is still there, and I am unable to clear it.

JoeySperz

@ShadowCoyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT
On an update, the nGauge has been upgraded to handle the crank relearn, I got a reply from Lund, within one day, on a Sunday. Impressive Customer Service. Here is what he sent me:

Easy fix and not a issue

For nGauge Crank Relearn and Firmware update, follow the directions below.

- Attached is the FIRMWARE file, please save this to your desktop or a location that is easily accessible on your computer ( do not rename it or it won't work)
- Remove the SD mini card out of the bottom of the device and place that SD mini card into the adapter ( bigger card)
- Place that big card that now has the SD mini inside, into your computer SD card slot reader
- Once the computer recognizes the adapter card it should open to view the contents/root/files
- Place the file into the SD card; you can drag and drop it directly over the current firmware that is in there, but do not delete the current firmware. Close out and reinstall the SD mini back into the nGauge and go to your car. Plug the device back into your car and follow the instructions below:
Power up the device
- Press DIAGNOSTICS- SETTINGS- UPDATE FROM SD. It should now pick up the new firmware and proceed to update.

Once the device is updated you need to press DIAGNOSTICS and scroll down until you see Crank Relearn feature. Choose that
Took all of one minute and it was done. No more check engine light, and the car RIPS.

bldog50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
A crank relearn should only be done if you get a CEL? Or should it be done after flashing a tune?

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Had the same issue with a PBD tune. P0315 is inherent in the S550. Not uncommon to have this pop up. Be glad you haven't fought with having to reload to stock tune after failing to load the revision and then reload the revision again using the SCT X4. I spent 3 hours because teh X4 forced me to do a firmware upgrade before I could load a revision received from PBD. The revision turned out worse than the previous (drive issues in auto shifting strategy). Reflashed to the previous revision and 20 minutes later load failed and was forced to reflash to stock. Reflashed to stock and then reloaded the previous revision again and the second time it took. Had to perform the crank trigger reset each time. Nature of the beast.

Makes me miss my 14 GT more and more. Never had that issue with it or the 13 or the 05. Adjust timing, shift points, firmness, and/or tire size for the track, etc., download wait 5-7 minutes and its ready to roll.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
A crank relearn should only be done if you get a CEL? Or should it be done after flashing a tune?
Only needed to clear the P0315. Some will contend its needed every time. But I call BS on that. Never had that issue with my 14 or 13 and I reflashed them all the time to make mods to the tune....my tuner left all adjustments open for me. Never once had to relearn the crank trigger until this car.

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Old thread here but I’ll chime in. The nGauge does now support doing a crank relearn if you update the firmware. Sometimes when flashing times I have to do this, other times I don’t. It will not go away with several drive cycles on it down. Simple process to perform as long as you have a device capable of doing it.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Old thread here but I’ll chime in. The nGauge does now support doing a crank relearn if you update the firmware. Sometimes when flashing times I have to do this, other times I don’t. It will not go away with several drive cycles on it down. Simple process to perform as long as you have a device capable of doing it.
Thanks. Just had that clarified by Lund as well. Sure was not wanting to have to keep an X4 around merely for that purpose.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I had to do a crank relearn last time I flashed my tune. Does not happen on every reflash, but I only do it if the CEL is there.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Any time I've loaded the aftermarket tune or gone back to a stock tune, I've had to do a crank relearn. Seems to be the norm with these cars? One good thing, I've never had the code return after clearing it, unless I mess with the tune again.
Sponsored