Sponsored

P0315 code after loading Lund tune

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
This code can only be cleared by a crank relearn done by an SCT x4 or at the dealer from my understanding. Loading different tunes will not rectify the issue. I had the same problem, loaded the stock tune went to the dealer and was done in 25 min with no questions asked. Lund will not be able to offer much assistance. When I had the issue it was unknown why this sometimes happens, it's rare and unfortunately resolutions are limited.
Sponsored

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
I wonder if you put some miles on it and go through 4 or 5 key cycles if it will clear itself?

OP
OP
stang1971

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
UPDATE.... called a buddy that is a tech at a local ford dealership.....He brought the IDS home and it took all of 30 sec to do.... He clicked one thing.... held the throttle at 4300 rpm for 5 seconds and VIOLA!!!! no more CEL and no code.... he refused cash for his time so im gonna send lunch to his work tomorrow... pretty sure BBQ will surfice...lol

Thanks all for comments.... guess i need to find a sct x4 just to keep around incase this happens again.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Great to hear!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The value of friends comes through again, congrats!!! How's the tune feel?

Sponsored

OP
OP
stang1971

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dunno.... it was 101* here today.. just went a few blocks to his house.... had him to the relearn.. then came back home..... cooler tomorrow so maybe ill put some miles on it and report back.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Glad you got it worked out. I can understand how frustrating this is, enjoy the new tune!

Miglo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ PP 401A NAV in DIB
So the lesson learned here is, if you don't know anyone nearby with a SCT x4, drive your ass to a Ford dealer parking lot, apply Lund tune in parking lot, when code pops up, boom your already at the dealership!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Had the same issue with my ford performance stage 1 tune . I was able to clear it with procal and laptop with a blip above 4K rpm in some diagnostic mode. FYI

OP
OP
stang1971

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
since its in the low 80's here today.. i took it out for a spin.... while i only drove 10 miles or so i can tell you this..... from a dead stop and you mash the gas.... hold on!! it moves out..... the 1-2 shift under WOT barks 2nd pretty good...... the 2-3 shifts pretty firm and precise..... once i put more miles on it ill have a better answer...

I did receive a email back today from Lund explaining that they have been seeing this code alot on the 2017 auto's.. they did send a updated tune that they claim will take care of the cel but since i had the crank relearn done... i felt no need to flash the new one.

Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I got this after loading a tune. I have an SCT X4. So can i do a crank relearn while the car is tuned? Or should i do it back in stock tune? Cause wpuldnt it pop back up after another tune?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I got this after loading a tune. I have an SCT X4. So can i do a crank relearn while the car is tuned? Or should i do it back in stock tune? Cause wpuldnt it pop back up after another tune?
You can do it while tuned. Won't be a problem and it won't happen after each time you load a tune. It's quite rare that it happens at all.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
Appreciate it man. Car ran fine with the CEL. I got it removed as i did the cam relearn but went back to stock. I will retune in the morning and do the came relearn if it comes back. Thanks!!

BrazukaV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt PP
Lund answered you in less than 24h that's pretty quick turn around. Imagine how many emails they get a day. Glad everything is fixed.

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Dude, that's funny.

I love the "just go find a SCT x4" solution. $550 dollars and go find a different tuner.

Lund, WTH?
Sponsored