Sponsored

DTC P0315 after loading tune?

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I loaded my Livernois tune today and on initial start up I had a check engine light with DTC P0315 which relates to crank shaft position sensor relearn or something and it will not clear. I have reached out to Livernois and I am awaiting their response however if anyone has any guidance it'd be greatly appreciated. This is not my DD so I am not really at a detriment but I'd love to have the car back on the road to enjoy the nice weather. I must say Livernois has been a wonderful company to work with so I am sure I'll get a response from them soon but if anyone here can help sooner I'll take it :).
Sponsored

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I loaded my Livernois tune today and on initial start up I had a check engine light with DTC P0315 which relates to crank shaft position sensor relearn or something. I have reached out to Livernois and I am awaiting their response however if anyone has any guidance it'd be greatly appreciated. This is not my DD so I am not really at a detriment but I'd love to have the car back on the road to enjoy the nice weather. I must say Livernois has been a wonderful company to work with so I am sure I'll get a response from them soon but if anyone here can help sooner I'll take it :).
The only time that I have ever gotten a code like that is after I installed my clutch.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
The only time that I have ever gotten a code like that is after I installed my clutch.
Well I certainly haven't done that yet but thank you for the response! How did you reset it?

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Well I certainly haven't done that yet but thank you for the response! How did you reset it?
I bought a whipple flare device a while back when I changed my gears. It has a learn function. I have heard that the SCT tuning device has a learn function. Does the tuning device that you have anything lkike that?

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
I bought a whipple flare device a while back when I changed my gears. It has a learn function. I have heard that the SCT tuning device has a learn function. Does the tuning device that you have anything lkike that?
None that I am aware of. It just has the ability to tune and read/clear the DTCs as far as I know. Unfortunately this DTC won't clear. Thanks again for the input.

Last edited:

Sponsored

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
If you have a SCT X4 you can do a crank relearn that should clear the issue. It is under Special Features menu I believe.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
This is a known problem. Even Ford at the dealer level can run into this when programming the vehicle. The only solution is quite literally doing a crank relearn. We can do it in person if you would like, or your local dealership's service department will have to knock it out for you.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Every time a tune is loaded, do a crank relearn. Period. Even if you think you don't need to, do it anyway.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Every time a tune is loaded, do a crank relearn. Period. Even if you think you don't need to, do it anyway.
Yea no that's not necessary. It's rare for it to pop up and really only comes up when doing a clutch. Guys with autos are even less likely.

Sponsored
OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Excellent thanks for the responses! I'll swing by the dealer today and have them take care of it.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
If you're using an SCT X4 for tuning you can do it yourself. The dealer may charge you.

OP
OP

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Just wanted to give an update, took the car to Ford and was back on the road in 30 min. Loaded the 93 V7 tune and the car runs great. The roads are too damp to feel the full gains but so far I'm enjoying it. Thanks for the prompt response Livernois!