Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Gt, 2017 Ford Explorer Sport
2018 mustang gt 22k miles
Whipple 3.0 gen 5 stg 2 11,500 miles

First time poster, long time reader.

I've sent a datalog to Whipple and he reports there's definitely a mechanical problem with my car. Fuel level pressure is 40s and desired is 65+. So after reading another similar thread, the dw400 was the culprit and that's what I have. So I get the new pump that has the check valve built in and go to install it. On the fuel assembly, when I was taking off the hose that connects to the bucket, I broke it. After trying to work around it to no success I went ahead and purchased the whole assembly from the dealership. So now, I'm thinking since the top portion where the fuel pump resides isn't broken, why not just put that part of the assembly, and insert it in the new bottom portion or bucket I think is what I read it's called. By doing this I save time by not having to cut new hat to fit dw400 because the original was already cut and now being reused. So I get it all back together, using new hoses that came with the pump.

After initial priming and with the nguage displaying flp psi, when I first cranked it up it still took a bit longer to start but when it did I noticed the gauge was reading upper 50s to lower 60s. Perhaps even higher but the numbers were fluctuating so fast I can't be exact on those numbers. But after less than a minute the numbers were back down to 40 psi and upper 30s. The p008a comes back on after each restart even if I clear the code. Should I pull the assembly and put the new pump in with the new top hat that I elected not to use? Would traditional hose clamps be enough to keep the hoses in place since I cannot reuse the permanent clamps? Tia
Sponsored

horsepower addiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
s550
after a couple different pumps i don't think your problem is in that area. I would look at the fpdm also when you reused your bucket does that mean you reused you fuel pressure regulator? that's what it sounds like to me. i would definitely try the new one

OP
OP
DanyYak

DanyYak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
after a couple different pumps i don't think your problem is in that area. I would look at the fpdm also when you reused your bucket does that mean you reused you fuel pressure regulator? that's what it sounds like to me. i would definitely try the new one
I'll try the new fpr next. How do I text the fpdm? Using a dmm? Anyways, I would have swapped the fuel pump regulator over but I couldn't figure out how to remove it without risking damage to the bucket. As for the hoses, I guess I'll try and use standard hose clamps if they even make them that small.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Where is the fpr located on an 18 gt?

OP
OP
DanyYak

DanyYak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
Where is the fpr located on an 18 gt?
I'm guessing it's the canister inside the fuel pump assembly located in the fuel tank which is accessed inside the car from the back seat.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DanyYak

DanyYak

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
this was indeed the fix to my problem. flp in the upper 60s, no dtc codes so far!

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
this was indeed the fix to my problem. flp in the upper 60s, no dtc codes so far!
Was it the FPDM or the FPR?
Sponsored