Sponsored

P0030 Code with e85 tune and stock exhaust?

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Ive been on E85 for a few months and I got a p0030 Powertrain HO2s Heater Control Circuit (bank 1 sensor 1) code. I looked it up and it has something to do with the oxygen sensor heaters?

I have no mods just e85 PBD Tune. Could it be related to being on e85 even though I have stock manifolds and exhaust? Is this code normal when running e85 or is there anything I can do to prevent it?
Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Damn, dude you are having more problems with your tuning? Sounds like an o2 going out possible. Have not heard of anyone stock exhaust having any problems. Contact your tuner first.

OP
OP
Andy13186

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn, dude you are having more problems with your tuning? Sounds like an o2 going out possible. Have not heard of anyone stock exhaust having any problems. Contact your tuner first.
Yea we got it worked out so it preformed well but I was having it go rough at idle when hot, and one time it stalled. So I got another revision and it seems to run great but now I got this code. No updates yet. I just turned the code off for now ill see if it comes back. I emailed the tuner like a minute ago ill let you know if I hear anything. Guess I could easily just run the e85 out, go back to stock, then go to the dealer but I dont want it to keep happening.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Yea we got it worked out so it preformed well but I was having it go rough at idle when hot, and one time it stalled. So I got another revision and it seems to run great but now I got this code. No updates yet. I just turned the code off for now ill see if it comes back. I emailed the tuner like a minute ago ill let you know if I hear anything. Guess I could easily just run the e85 out, go back to stock, then go to the dealer but I dont want it to keep happening.
Just curious, but how many total tune revisions did you get and log? Yeah, hopefully something small and easy fix.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Andy13186

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious, but how many total tune revisions did you get and log? Yeah, hopefully something small and easy fix.
I dont even know. a whole lot more than I expected for being bone stock lol.

Atleast 4 revisions on 93 octane and like 8 on e85, about 48 logs but I probably only sent over about 15 or 20. The main issue at the beginning was the power kill on shifts even with TCS off , that was fixed. I do appreciate the tuner working with me though and helping but it does seem a bit excessive amount of logging and revisions for a bone stock car.

OP
OP
Andy13186

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tuner said its not tune related, but I do suspect e85 has something to do with it since the car has 5k miles on it and Ive heard 02 sensors and e85 dont work well together at times, I thought that was only with aftermarket long tubes though not stock manifolds.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Tuner said its not tune related, but I do suspect e85 has something to do with it since the car has 5k miles on it and Ive heard 02 sensors and e85 dont work well together at times, I thought that was only with aftermarket long tubes though not stock manifolds.
Yeah, I worked through most of the TCU (shifting) on my 93 octane revisions. Mine is stock too outside of air filter and breathers. Weather has been too shitty to drive it lately.

Try picking up some Lucas ethanol safe additive. I posted a while back on it. I use it every 2-3 tanks and it will treat 5 tanks.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
What are the benefits of that? I thought it was mainly for older cars not manufactured to handle ethanol fuels.

I've also seen people mention using Lucas UCL. Not sure if the ethanol stabilizer does the same stuff.

I've had two rough idle warm starts with my tune the fist week I had it but not since. My Flex and E85 logs came out great and the rough start hasn't happened enough to be able to catch it on a log.

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I logged my rough idle and sent it to tuner. He said the trims looked fine and (he) figured it was bad fuel. No codes and blew some air over maf sensor. So we have either...

1.) O2 getting ready to shit the bed
2.) Bad fuel
3.) Bad coil pack
4.) Maybe bad VVT solenoid actuator
5.) ?...

Dave9878

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I logged my rough idle and sent it to tuner. He said the trims looked fine and (he) figured it was bad fuel. No codes and blew some air over maf sensor. So we have either...

1.) O2 getting ready to shit the bed
2.) Bad fuel
3.) Bad coil pack
4.) Maybe bad VVT solenoid actuator
5.) ?...
Did you ever get an update?

OP
OP
Andy13186

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me the idle going rough and occasionally stalling issue was fixed by cam phaser solenoids being replaced, I have another thread on this issue

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
For me the idle going rough and occasionally stalling issue was fixed by cam phaser solenoids being replaced
I'd still bet money on that PBD tune.

OP
OP
Andy13186

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd still bet money on that PBD tune.
Nope, ive been back on my PBD tune without issues for thousands of miles now. I was having some MAF sensor issues but those were caused by my electric cutout controller.
Sponsored