Sponsored

P/N for Complete Differential with FP 4.09 installed?

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
hey all, when I first purchased my 2019 GT back in the fall of 2018 I looked into swapping to 4.09 gears in the rear end. I stopped at a Ford dealer here in Canada and they had a part number for a complete diff loaded with either 3.55, 3.73 or 4.09's. I just stopped at another Ford dealer because I'm now ready to do this swap but they can't find a regular Ford or Ford Performance part number for the complete diff loaded with 4.09's they only show 3.55 now.

Does anyone have a part number for the complete diff with 4.09 gear set? I'd rather just swap diff's in and out without cracking the diff open to change ring and pinion.

Thanks very much!

Dusty
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
3.55 is the only loaded housing offered now.

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
I cant seem to locate a p/n for the 4.09 either. If you could get a part#, you could have them search the database and see what they can find. I dont even know where to find a part# without an old school book, like back in the day.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda builds their own pumpkins often so old hands at it. I can't imagine you want to ship it though.

Sponsored

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
Does anyone know why you cant buy a loaded replacement from ford with anything other than 355's and track lok?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know why you cant buy a loaded replacement from ford with anything other than 355's and track lok?
because they quit stocking them. Several years ago. Maybe the Torsen was popping up in Canada and other "unlicensed" places and Ford agreed to stop facilitating the "smuggling".

In the main there was no rational basis not to sell them... I looked at having Steeda build me one but it was vastly cheaper to buy a lightly used 3.73 pumpkin. And if I wanted to swap out the Torsen with something else, have a local shop like Excessive do it.

OP
OP

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I ended up taking my diff out myself and hand delivered it to my Ford store of choice for the 4.09 swap. Saves 6 hours labor as that's what they were going to charge me to remove and reinstall the diff.

xr4x4ti

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT
I ended up taking my diff out myself and hand delivered it to my Ford store of choice for the 4.09 swap. Saves 6 hours labor as that's what they were going to charge me to remove and reinstall the diff.
How much was the actual gear swap at that point?

OP
OP

Black19GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I don't recall the parts versus labor breakdown off the top of my head but ill have a look when I get home tonight and let you know.

Sponsored

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
because they quit stocking them. Several years ago. Maybe the Torsen was popping up in Canada and other "unlicensed" places and Ford agreed to stop facilitating the "smuggling".

In the main there was no rational basis not to sell them... I looked at having Steeda build me one but it was vastly cheaper to buy a lightly used 3.73 pumpkin. And if I wanted to swap out the Torsen with something else, have a local shop like Excessive do it.
Ive found a few complete dropouts with everything (cradle and all) for reasonable money. I was just curious why FRRP stopped selling them

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
How much was the actual gear swap at that point?
I don't recall the parts versus labor breakdown off the top of my head but ill have a look when I get home tonight and let you know.
I went digging through my paperwork as I thought I might be able to help, but the detail on my warranty claim is a little more vague than I was hoping :

1676536183274.jpeg

I wanted it to show hours, but the diff removal and refit is only quoted as a cash value i.e. ÂŁ297.79 (circa $360 at today's exchange rate).

I was hoping if it quoted hours, it might have given you guys some bargaining power if you thought you were getting ripped off i.e. 'why are you charging me X amount of $'s when Fords system says X amount of hours ?'

Interestingly, when Ford stripped my diff out they didn't drop the subframe :

1676536330792.jpeg

WD :like:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll need to dig up my Steeda quote but I think it was 3hrs plus shim kit which was another 100+
Sponsored