The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Much better choice than Dog Dick Red that's for sure! :lol: [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION]
They aint called 'Rockets' for nothing... Enjoy being 'Pimple/Zit white' :lol:

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
IT'S REMAP TIME!!!

Having ordered an SCT X4 from beefcake racing a few weeks ago I finally got around to trying to tune my car. Didn't go all that smoothly...

Initially you have to connect the X4 to the net to make sure it's updated. So far so good. Connected it to the car in order to upload the Lund custom tune and I get this:

So I run the updater and try again...

After faffing about with updates (that it said it didn't need), I try again...

By this time I'm not a happy bunny, especially since Beefcake Racing just fobbed me off to SCT.

So now I have to phone SCT tech support in the States. As per [MENTION=13920]Enoch[/MENTION] 's issue, they explained sometimes the device just won't talk to the car for some reason so they sent me a stock test file which in effect gets the communication going. I try again...

I uploaded the test file ok, took it for a little drive but at 1 degree on damp roads it was a little hard to detect a difference, but the key thing is that now the device is talking to the car. So I upload the Lund tune...

:eyebulge::frusty::eyebulge::frusty::eyebulge:

The car now starts, but literally won't rev beyond 1200rpm and dies after a couple of seconds. :doh:

I'm reeeeeeeeeeeeally not happy at this point (top tip: don't start messing about with your car when it's cold, dark and damp because it does nothing for morale when it's not going right! :lol: )

I put the SCT test file back on so it runs and park it back in the garage.

After a lengthy 3-way conversation with [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] ;) tech support and Lund, the conclusion was the likely culprit was the MAF sensor.

I have a PMAS intake fitted which, when you order one, they ask if you want the "no-tune" version which comes with their MAF sensor pre-loaded with their intake numbers, or the "tune version" which doesn't come with a MAF sensor at all as the idea is you'll be getting it tuned anyway so the stock sensor can be swapped onto the PMAS and then programmed.

I'd ordered the "no-tune" version since a tune wasn't on the cards at that point.

Anyways, Gibbo and Lund figured it was likely that my Lund tune, although I thought it was supposed to be for the PMAS MAF sensor, was in fact programmed with the stock sensor in mind and therefore the fuelling numbers were wrong.

Fast forward to this morning and...all is well! :D

Swapped the stock sensor in place of the PMAS one, cleared a random fault code and we're good to go.

It's still chilly (5 degrees) and the roads are still damp, but the difference is pretty damn obvious! :love:

I'll be getting on a dyno in the near future (as much to settle an argument on another forum as to satisfy my own curiosity :D ), but Gibbo's car was around 470BHP with the same spec so obviously that's what I'm hoping for.

In short, I can only imagine how quick this car must be now in the dry, so for around ÂŁ1K for both, the PMAS intake and the SCT X4 with Lund tune are highly recommended! :thumbsup:

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Cool to hear your report back Tony :thumbs: Looking forward to the numbers :)

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It was more a "be prepared for all this shit" post than any kind of useful report on the change in performance. :lol:

Have to wait for a dry day now although going to give it an economy test today with a run to the coast.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Great to hear she is well Tony.

If you like it now there is more to come as Lund to begin with send you a base file, which still gives 80-90% of the boost, expect it to be 450BHP area now.

But if you datalog it and at the same time tell Dakota you would like more punch down low and up top, they will normally add a further 3 degrees of timing, which is the maximum they will do on a remote tune. Then get some more datalogs and if all still looks fine, no positive knock they will then take some fuel out at the top which gives the car a few more horses at the top-end. Datalog, they will check and then either pull some timing or add more fuel or say good to go, enjoy.

Easiest way to datalog with an SCT X4 is:

Get car fully warm (oil temp at midway point) then find a road where you max out 3rd gear (7000rpm) with relative ease and it should be a long enough road ideally a mile or two.

Load the datalog configuration file, ask Lund to send you one for an SCT and they will, then to get it on the SCT:
- Load SCT Livelink Gen II (Download from SCT if not already)
- Connect you SCT X4 to laptop via USB
- Load the configuration file Lund sent you (I can send it you too)
- Then export it directly to the SCT and it should say config sent to device OK (if fails check communications and re-try)

- Then plug into car, load the configuration file, it will be what you called it
- Make sure car is running and if works you will see some stuff like temps, spark, RPM etc on screen updating in realtime if so all is well.
- Now go find your road and press the record button and you will see it recording.

Next whilst it is recording, try to do the following within 5-10 minutes of recording on a fully warmed up car:
- 1 or 2 WOT pulls in 3rd from 2000rpm upto 7000rpm
- 3rd gear steady acceleration from 1500rpm, slowly roll into throttle and slowly accelerate more and more until WOT and towards 6000rpm.
- Steady very slow acceleration in 5th gear from say 1500-3000rpm
- Then leave the car idling for two minutes.

- Then press record button again to stop!
- Back at laptop load Livelink Gen II and say export datalog from device (make sure X4 is connected). If it fails do check communications and re-try.
- Now select save all and call it a name! It will save a large datalog, don't worry if its around 20MB in size.
- Then zip the file up and email it to Lund.

Thats best way to datalog sounds complicated but it is quite straight forward. I would make a video but no video equipment here but if you search google there is plenty of pictures and guides on how to use SCT software.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
It was more a "be prepared for all this shit" post than any kind of useful report on the change in performance. :lol:

Have to wait for a dry day now although going to give it an economy test today with a run to the coast.
Yeah, very useful info, have a good day at the coast, I'm bloody working a late shift today :brokenheart:

Anyway, this is a route I may be going, but I'll wait until nearer the Spring.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I uploaded the test file ok, took it for a little drive but at 1 degree on damp roads it was a little hard to detect a difference, but the key thing is that now the device is talking to the car.
I believe that, that test file is just a stock file:)

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Bollocks. I was hoping the SCT X4 would come back with "sorry bud, car's the wrong colour":D

Good on you guys having the balls to do these mods.

Went to the Port Solent meet this morning. Put it on your list.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Bollocks. I was hoping the SCT X4 would come back with "sorry bud, car's the wrong colour":D

Good on you guys having the balls to do these mods.

Went to the Port Solent meet this morning. Put it on your list.
He needs a remap being a slower heavier colour :lol:!

How's the tune gone Centurion? Manage to get it done?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Nah. Not sure when I'll get round to that TBH. Probably after a couple of datalogging sessions so it's as good as it'll get.
Fair play :cool:! Bet you're loving the tune regardless already! (happy new year btw!)
Sponsored