Sponsored

Oxford White GT

C11EWM

Mustang GT Ordered
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1Series
Love the White. I Think that would have been my next choice. Congratulations!
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
For anyone wondering about the decklid, it was a brand new take-off from a V6 in the States. Car was driven from the dealer this morning, round to the garage where I fitted the panel before being driven to the valeters for a good clean.
Think that's a US Ecoboost decklid you have; V6 has the tribar Pony? Still nice.

Actual

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Auto Fastback Black
It fits in my garage. Just. And when I say just, I mean JUST, like no more than an inch either side with the mirrors folded in and some giant bubble wrap to protect the door edge when I squeeze in and out. :lol:
There is plenty of room once inside my garage but the opening is tight for the Mustang and I need to fold the mirrors in but the problem is that the sides of the car are just too close to the door frame and getting the car out is even harder.

I used to park a Mondeo MkII in the garage but that was before I had a motorised garage door installed which reduces the width of the opening and the Mustang is a whole 167 mm wider than the Mondeo MkII.

Craig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 3 Series, Mazda CX5
There is plenty of room once inside my garage but the opening is tight for the Mustang and I need to fold the mirrors in but the problem is that the sides of the car are just too close to the door frame and getting the car out is even harder.

I used to park a Mondeo MkII in the garage but that was before I had a motorised garage door installed which reduces the width of the opening and the Mustang is a whole 167 mm wider than the Mondeo MkII.
Get a Hormann door - they fit behind the opening, so don't reduce the width at all...

(Say's me, who can still just about get his BMW into his garage by laying lines of 2x4 to follow even with the Hormann door)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

I'm happy with that considering I wasn't gunning it but I also wasn't driving Miss Daisy. Should only get better as everything beds in. :)

Had a couple tell me how beautiful it was while I was parked up outside a shop, most pedestrians at least give it a second glance if not actually just stop and stare at it. I'd hate to think how bad it would be if I'd gone for a proper loud colour! :D

Last edited:

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
I'm happy with that considering I wasn't gunning it but I also wasn't driving Miss Daisy. Should only get better as everything beds in. :)

Had a couple tell me how beautiful it was while I was parked up outside a shop, most pedestrians at least give it a second glance if not actually just stop and stare at it. I'd hate to think how bad it would be if I'd gone for a proper loud colour! :D
Not bad at all. That's what I get from my ST!

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yeah, I mentioned on another thread I didn't expect the V8 to be that different from the current Focus ST/RS so unless all your driving is round town it wouldn't make a huge financial difference to go for the Ecoboost over the V8. Not from the fuel-saving POV anyway. :)

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
Yeah, I mentioned on another thread I didn't expect the V8 to be that different from the current Focus ST/RS so unless all your driving is round town it wouldn't make a huge financial difference to go for the Ecoboost over the V8. Not from the fuel-saving POV anyway. :)
Interesting. I'm still trying to decide.

Any idea on servicing cost & interval for V8?

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
The fuel economy seems a bit too good, either trip computer lies or you are driving more gently than you think.

I average 20mpg in my track prepared E46 M3 which is now my daily as I sold the 911 to make way for the Mustang.

But hey maybe the V8 is doing well because of the torque resulting in driving style being around low revolutions. :)

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I'm a taxi driver so I've learnt how to economise. ;)

Short shifting, not treating the throttle pedal like an on-off switch, coasting up to things, anticipating lights/obstructions etc etc.

I'm pretty proud of that ability. Doesn't mean I don't stomp the loud pedal every now and again but certainly while it's being run in it's not gone over 4K and only a handful of times has it done that but not in anything over third gear.

I expect the economy to be roughly the same when it's run-in TBH as it will go down as I'll be using the power a bit more but the engine will also have bedded in to counteract that.

Besides, even allowing for the OBC being 10% optimistic, it's still nudging mid-twenties which is pretty good for a 5 litre V8 in a car weighing almost 2 tonnes!

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Interesting. I'm still trying to decide.

Any idea on servicing cost & interval for V8?
I'm sure I heard a figure of ÂŁ250 for a minor and ÂŁ399 for a major, but don't quote me on it.

Interval; 10K? :shrug: