Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Just had a guy in g35 get right on my ass when I exited highway to side street last week. Was on my way to work and just cruising on highway at 50. Never saw him on highway and definitely didn’t pass him. He came out of nowhere. There was a tractor trailer in front of me and speed limit was 40. I was just hanging behind trailer and sticking to speed limit. I could see he was getting closer. Tractor slowed to make a right and we slowed to a stop. I could see he was trying to pass me on left and that was last straw. I floored it and left him a few lengths behind. Stupid on my part. Back to speed limit and he kept distance after that. Hindsight I should have just let him pass. Not worth causing an accident to put him in his place. At 67 i need to start slowing down 😏
Nice. Not surprising, the VQ crowd is terrible and that exhaust sounds soooooo bad. .

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
HEY HEY don't get on their side man.

Of course I am just kidding :like:

GT350 💕
LOL. I like all the S550’s really. They’re all really good and fun in their own right.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Nice. Not surprising, the VQ crowd is terrible and that exhaust sounds soooooo bad. .
You ain’t kidding there. They’re everywhere around here and they all sound like my son’s rear end after a night of Taco Bell 🤣

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
She worked at the Shepherd Center, right next door. Spinal cord and brain injury speciality hospital. They have a tunnel between the two.
Very familiar with Shepard and the tunnel. We got quite a few of their patients in our OR. The tunnel also has a branch that runs under Peachtree St.
Don't miss that drive, not even a little

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I guess I jinxed myself, on the last corner to my place some Honda Civic with an uber sign in the windshield just decided to literally glue himself to my behind. I was just trying to drive normal because it had just rained, lol. But no, that wasn't good enough. He was like 5 feet behind me all the way until his turn off. I get that with uber, time is money, but come on dawg.

It really feels sometimes that because you're in a fast car, you HAVE to go fast or you're an idiot somehow. Such a bizarre mindset.

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
This isn't a Mach 1 specific topic per se so posting in the general arena.... So, I have recently swapped my "Base" Mach 1 Mustang for the handling package Mustang (the car swap story for another thread...). Then I noticed an increase in aggressive behavior from other drivers in the form of tailgating, intentionally swerving into my lane, and I even had someone aggressively follow me and take photos or record my driving. This is all new. Totally foreign to me. Yet, I haven't changed my driving style. Always mellow. Legit just cruising and listening to 80's Rock-n-Roll. I am middle aged and do not drive like and arse-hat. I used the search feature on this forum and saw some older posts on this topic. But I would like some more recent input as I am curious if anyone else on here has been experiencing similar behavior from other drivers and, if yes, how are you responding to these folks and why do you think people are being such jerks toward Mustang owners?

Thanks in advance to all for replying.
That happens when I'm driving my convertible all the time... It's dangerous

fast306stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 M1HP6MT
I guess I jinxed myself, on the last corner to my place some Honda Civic with an uber sign in the windshield just decided to literally glue himself to my behind. I was just trying to drive normal because it had just rained, lol. But no, that wasn't good enough. He was like 5 feet behind me all the way until his turn off. I get that with uber, time is money, but come on dawg.

It really feels sometimes that because you're in a fast car, you HAVE to go fast or you're an idiot somehow. Such a bizarre mindset.
I don't think you know what literally means 🤣

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
There have been threads about the mystery of why drivers of basically hohum daily drivers get jiggy with us Mustangs (maybe we should read the Camaro forums see if they get it). Driving an Orange GT convertible I get this off and on. A Kia SUV needs to pass me from way back, a X5 has to rip out from the green light. I let them go on, and just cruise. Ones I don't like are the speeds up from 1/2 mile back cuts in and slows down. Every now and then on the highway the yo-yo drivers, speeding up and slowing down in traffic leaves enough hole for the 5.0 to take the shot and leave them way, way, way back. LOL

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Around here it's every V8 truck with a Flowmaster on it, and every diesel with a giant hairdryer exhaust tip. It's as if the volume of their exhaust misleads them into thinking they're fast. They'll tailgate, pass me at warp 10, line up on the highway right next to me and gun it, stomp it from a red light...

Sponsored

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Around here it's every V8 truck with a Flowmaster on it, and every diesel with a giant hairdryer exhaust tip. It's as if the volume of their exhaust misleads them into thinking they're fast. They'll tailgate, pass me at warp 10, line up on the highway right next to me and gun it, stomp it from a red light...
Lol hairdryer exhaust tip.

I usually let them pass then destroy them on the corner.

Last edited:

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I actually like driving my mustang over the family suv or business Tesla. Cars get out of my way and I have the power and noise to show up any random car who thinks they are cool haha.

I don’t mind people flooring it at lights next to me or going fast with me. Sometimes they have even caught the cops for me

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
OMG yes!! Don't ever be that Guy!

JB60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Being a truck driver dodge stupid drivers everyday including other so called truck drivers . My Mustang GT not that loud with Accelatec ( CJ Poney Parts ) resonator,. Guys with loud buzzing V6 Chargers and fart piped Imports try to show off , it's funny.
Sponsored