Other Drivers Behavior

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1 Handling Package
This isn't a Mach 1 specific topic per se so posting in the general arena.... So, I have recently swapped my "Base" Mach 1 Mustang for the handling package Mustang (the car swap story for another thread...). Then I noticed an increase in aggressive behavior from other drivers in the form of tailgating, intentionally swerving into my lane, and I even had someone aggressively follow me and take photos or record my driving. This is all new. Totally foreign to me. Yet, I haven't changed my driving style. Always mellow. Legit just cruising and listening to 80's Rock-n-Roll. I am middle aged and do not drive like and arse-hat. I used the search feature on this forum and saw some older posts on this topic. But I would like some more recent input as I am curious if anyone else on here has been experiencing similar behavior from other drivers and, if yes, how are you responding to these folks and why do you think people are being such jerks toward Mustang owners?

Thanks in advance to all for replying.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Paddles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
Oh yeah, people see me coming and it's on like Mario Kart. I don't even have a Mach 1. For me I notice no one wants to let me pass, slow people become fast drivers when they see me enter the passing lane.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Get used to it, they all have something to prove for some reason.

OP
OP
MachNroll

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Oh yeah, people see me coming and it's on like Mario Kart. I don't even have a Mach 1. For me I notice no one wants to let me pass, slow people become fast drivers when they see me enter the passing lane.
Interesting. Thats another one, I too have pulled into the fast lane and suddenly a driver one quarter mile away needs to speed up to ride my arse, Like one minute they are not there then the next they are practically in my trunk.

OP
OP
MachNroll

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Get used to it, they all have something to prove for some reason.
It seems like when their envy turns to rage.. I guess I will indeed need to get used to it. But I will grow weary of dealing with other people's desire to "well I will show him." Oh well. I'll just click the exhaust to "track mode" and enjoy my ride.

Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I can promise you the random NPC drivers didn't notice you switched from a Mach1 to a HP Mustang lol.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
This happens with every car ever made...and it fuckin blows if you don't have a performance car. That's why you drop down to 2nd or 3rd gain some momentum and make your pass quick.

The worst are the 1 lane highways that have the fairly short extra passing lane then go back to 1 lane. Thats where I really appreciate the hp. Inevitably you always have those clowns going 55, then speed up to 75 or 80 in the passing zone, dont move over and then slow back down to 55 when the lane ends.

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
This isn't a Mach 1 specific topic per se so posting in the general arena.... So, I have recently swapped my "Base" Mach 1 Mustang for the handling package Mustang (the car swap story for another thread...). Then I noticed an increase in aggressive behavior from other drivers in the form of tailgating, intentionally swerving into my lane, and I even had someone aggressively follow me and take photos or record my driving. This is all new. Totally foreign to me. Yet, I haven't changed my driving style. Always mellow. Legit just cruising and listening to 80's Rock-n-Roll. I am middle aged and do not drive like and arse-hat. I used the search feature on this forum and saw some older posts on this topic. But I would like some more recent input as I am curious if anyone else on here has been experiencing similar behavior from other drivers and, if yes, how are you responding to these folks and why do you think people are being such jerks toward Mustang owners?

Thanks in advance to all for replying.
Are you in the left lane driving 5 or 10 below the speed limit?

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
It seems like when their envy turns to rage.. I guess I will indeed need to get used to it.
And there are a lot of them:
  1. The ones who do below the speed limit on the left.
  2. The ones that do the speed limit on deserted motorways and won't let you pass because they find they ought to teach you a lesson.
  3. The tailgating ones.
  4. The zig-zaggers.
  5. The I'll loose my life (or injure someone else's) but not my personal grand priz.
  6. The ones that can't stop watching a smartphone even while driving.
The list is endless...
For me what works is to think that the worse punishment for them is the life they are already living.

If someone is unwilling to work themselves to get something better out of their life and resort to some cheap bullying other drivers, well, the can well go find their ditch.
When you engage with them you are reinforcing their behavior and, after you, they are going to harass someone else. Plus you're being as dangerous as them.
They are an annoyance but the best strategy to deal with them is to just let them go.

Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
Part of the reason I got a black car and put the base Mach low profile spoiler on it instead of a wing - it blends in for the most part. I get a lot of thumbs up from guys in other cool cars and on bikes but thatā€™s about it

Iā€™ve been driving with no plate for 3 months thanks to a dealership screw up and havenā€™t been pulled over once either šŸ¤ž

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I can promise you the random NPC drivers didn't notice you switched from a Mach1 to a HP Mustang lol.
At my age 79 I not into the whole racing on strett highway thing
I dont drive in fast lane antmore and someone gets too close on single lane I toggle into into 3rd and just do speed limit at most
They will pass you and you'll be safer fir it.btw in atlanta the fast lane is generally 80 even though limit is 65

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
At my age 79 I not into the whole racing on strett highway thing
I dont drive in fast lane antmore and someone gets too close on single lane I toggle into into 3rd and just do speed limit at most
They will pass you and you'll be safer fir it.btw in atlanta the fast lane is generally 80 even though limit is 65
He's not exaggerating. Atlanta is crazy. I lived there from 1993-2003. They will run you over if you aren't doing 80 in the left lane.

Today on the Baltimore beltway, I was doing about 72 in the left lane, a girl in a BMW Gt hatchback thing pulled into the left lane doing about 65 1/4 mile ahead of me. I eventually closed the distance, waited for her to move when the opportunity for her to do so occurred. She did not move over. I waited until another opportunity presented itself, she did not move over so I signaled, switched lanes went by her not aggressively, didn't down shift, wasn't tailgating, when I got back in front, she gave me a thumbs up. I am certain it wasn't a "happy" thumbs up, it was a "you're cool" sarcastic one. She's the jerk-off, but in her mind, it was me. Whatever...

Last edited:

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
There are clowns everywhere. The way I see it, the only thing that anyone needs to decide upon is to either join them or not?

Just yesterday I had a dumb ass pass me on the right in the emergency lane. I was in the slow lane following along with traffic. Neither myself or my Dad appreciated the ass hat throwing up all of the gravel on his new Mercedes as he went by in his black window tint scrap pack charger. And the wanker ended up behind us when we got off the highway many miles latter even with all of the lane changes and clown moves he made.

Just one of those days that ya hope there is a cop around. Eventually this chump will get the driving award he deserves. However, I have no belief that it will do anything to change his habits. You know you can fix a lot of things with duct tape. But, ya canā€™t fix stupid.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
When I had my C7 Corvette I did not have to many idiots wanting to race but now that I have my Mach 1, I have every bubba truck and kia thinking we are at the track.
Sponsored

Last edited: