Sponsored

Ordering Guide - 2015-2016 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Wonder how difficult it would be to swap in the aluminum front bumper beam from the stock steel I would guess in the GT. Also wonder how much weight difference between the two there is?
The whole front end is different, so it may need some fabricating to attach.

BaylorCorvette

Track > 1/4 Mile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Z51
Honestly the 350 with the track package seems like the way to go over the 350R. Unless the chassis tuning is really that big of a deal.

BadKarma!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350R (HR815) + 23' Rivian R1S
Vehicle Showcase
It's a car cover.

something new here, 21S optional package

"full vehicle cover(weathershield; cobra logo on hood area, shelby log on back)"

what is that?

Sponsored

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
Timing seems right to me. MSRP should be coming next along with the order banks. SAE power numbers will probably be another month or two out and then fuel economy ratings (as if anyone really cares).

Some notable changes from the 15 to 16 Order Guide...
Changing the cover from standard to optional makes sense and keeps the '15s unique.
Cleaning up the columns and better grouping the packages and features is a welcome improvement.
They hadn't spelled out carbon fiber wing before. The CC brakes are dropped, as expected. Integrated Driver Control system has been added/clarified. I assume that is their trademarked name for the selectable drive modes.
Also, more content is spelled out under the R's deleted equipment than before.
On the GT350 Track Pack, they've spelled out Raised Decklid Spoiler clarifying what we've been seeing on test cars.
They also added yellow to the R column and have changed up a few of the stripe options on the R models as well.

I agree with Baylor. If I were to get an R model, I would want to race it. Since I am not a millionaire, I can't justify buying a racecar this expensive. And I mean actual racing with a full cage, gutted interior, etc. Half of the stuff on the car would have to go. Wheels/tires aren't legal, brakes aren't legal, air bags, interior, etc.
Since I am going to buy this car to drive on the street I want a radio, I want AC, and I want all of the work that went into engineering this car as is. For a dd, the GT350 with Track Pack makes the most sense.

For me it will be a daily driver and occasional track day car replacing my dd 98 Cobra (and a couple other toys). I might do a TT weekend from time to time if I am not running the racecar.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Timing seems right to me. MSRP should be coming next along with the order banks. SAE power numbers will probably be another month or two out and then fuel economy ratings (as if anyone really cares).

Some notable changes from the 15 to 16 Order Guide...
Changing the cover from standard to optional makes sense and keeps the '15s unique.
Cleaning up the columns and better grouping the packages and features is a welcome improvement.
They hadn't spelled out carbon fiber wing before. The CC brakes are dropped, as expected. Integrated Driver Control system has been added/clarified. I assume that is their trademarked name for the selectable drive modes.
Also, more content is spelled out under the R's deleted equipment than before.
On the GT350 Track Pack, they've spelled out Raised Decklid Spoiler clarifying what we've been seeing on test cars.
They also added yellow to the R column and have changed up a few of the stripe options on the R models as well.

I agree with Baylor. If I were to get an R model, I would want to race it. Since I am not a millionaire, I can't justify buying a racecar this expensive. And I mean actual racing with a full cage, gutted interior, etc. Half of the stuff on the car would have to go. Wheels/tires aren't legal, brakes aren't legal, air bags, interior, etc.
Since I am going to buy this car to drive on the street I want a radio, I want AC, and I want all of the work that went into engineering this car as is. For a dd, the GT350 with Track Pack makes the most sense.

For me it will be a daily driver and occasional track day car replacing my dd 98 Cobra (and a couple other toys). I might do a TT weekend from time to time if I am not running the racecar.
Im with you....I love the "R" but Im not sure given the choice I would go with an "R" ride, sound proofing etc..are things I want, if I was tracking the car then the "R" is the way to go...

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Im with you....I love the "R" but Im not sure given the choice I would go with an "R" ride, sound proofing etc..are things I want, if I was tracking the car then the "R" is the way to go...

Me too, but I'm still wondering if $6,500-$7,500 is worth it for the Track or Technology Packages. A no-option GT350 might be an interesting option as a blank canvas for mods ...

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
The whole front end is different, so it may need some fabricating to attach.
It could yes. Somehow I doubt the chassis has been re-engineered though. Changing a bumper support plays with crash testing and what I'm hoping is that Ford just wanted to save some weight here and switched from high strength steel to aluminum to save weight. I guess we will have to wait to find out. I still wonder how much weight could be trimmed by doing so. Just curious. :)

Sponsored

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
That image is a nice addition. I'd like to get a color glossy of that for my Ford media collection.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Interesting. Confirmation that you can indeed get a base model without MagneRide. I assume most of the people who get that will turn it into a hardcore track car. (Cage, coilovers, etc.)

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Question:
if the track package comes with engine oil/transmission/diff coolers, what does the base car or tech pacakge come with?

I mean, these days every sports car comes with some sort of engine oil/transmission cooler, some come with passive diff coolers(just cooling fins). I can't imagine the base gt350 will come with 0 coolers for engine oil/tranny/diff.

So at the end my question is, does the track pack just come with BIGGER coolers?
Thanks

Last edited:

MatthewAMEL

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE
My dealer called today. I have purchased a 2003 SVT Cobra, 2012 EcoBoost Flex and 2013 Focus ST from him.

I am #1 on the list for the 350R. They are only getting 5 350's and 1 350R for 2016.

:D
Sponsored