Sponsored

Ordering Guide - 2015-2016 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
First the code for shadow black is the same as absolute black. What gives?
Second, pictures of the GT350R in blue don't have a red accent like the order guide requires. What gives?
I'm looking at getting the GT350R in deep impact blue with white stripes, but red accent? That just doesn't work for me! I understand they want the accent to match the color on the steering wheel, but as an art director, I find the limited color options very disappointing. Ford Mustang has been known for being a car that is very adjustable for the target audience's taste. To limit these colors to this selection guide is a step backwards for ford. Since I change cars every two years I don't want to do a bunch of after market stuff that depreciates the car when i trade it in. Please don't let this be the real selection guide!
Sponsored

jonb347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby, 1993 Mod Fox, 1968 Stang
First the code for shadow black is the same as absolute black. What gives?
Second, pictures of the GT350R in blue don't have a red accent like the order guide requires. What gives?
I'm looking at getting the GT350R in deep impact blue with white stripes, but red accent? That just doesn't work for me! I understand they want the accent to match the color on the steering wheel, but as an art director, I find the limited color options very disappointing. Ford Mustang has been known for being a car that is very adjustable for the target audience's taste. To limit these colors to this selection guide is a step backwards for ford. Since I change cars every two years I don't want to do a bunch of after market stuff that depreciates the car when i trade it in. Please don't let this be the real selection guide!
just have some stripes painted on man.

and the order bank is open but only in conceps

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
just have some stripes painted on man.

and the order bank is open but only in conceps
I did a buch of after market on my bullitt that made it bad ass (from the dealer). However, when I traded it in I got less for it than a normal bullitt went for. Basically it is all about return on investment (ROI). Why should I have to be limited by Ford's forced selections. I should be able to get the white with black accents offered on the base GT350. In other words, Ford doesn't give a #%$@ what their customers want and forces them to select based on their color pallet.

Lets put it too you this way. Why pay for a car and have to repaint it? Then lose more money when you sell it two years later because you love cars and want to have something different. - I mean really, that is the car manufacture's dream client! That type of person helps move volume.
So why piss them off?
Why hurt them for buying your product?
Why not make a product that gives options and appeals to a wider base?

jonb347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby, 1993 Mod Fox, 1968 Stang
I did a buch of after market on my bullitt that made it bad ass (from the dealer). However, when I traded it in I got less for it than a normal bullitt went for. Basically it is all about return on investment (ROI). Why should I have to be limited by Ford's forced selections. I should be able to get the white with black accents offered on the base GT350. In other words, Ford doesn't give a #%$@ what their customers want and forces them to select based on their color pallet.

Lets put it too you this way. Why pay for a car and have to repaint it? Then lose more money when you sell it two years later because you love cars and want to have something different. - I mean really, that is the car manufacture's dream client! That type of person helps move volume.
So why piss them off?
well for one, painted racing stripes always looks better than a vinyl stripe?

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I can't take the money with me! I may have to go this route and just paint it the way I want. However, if I'm paying over 60K for a car you would think the manufacture would care. I had custom wheels made for my 2008 Z06 - way expensive! Luckily I kept the originals because the dealer didn't want them.

Sponsored

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra

So why piss them off?
The factory stripes are just decals. You can order the car without stripes and have someone put on decal stripes any color you like, then just pull them off when you sell the car.

Of course Ford has to force limited (color and otherwise) selections. Otherwise if they sold 100,000 GT350's they'd probably have to do 100,000 different combinations.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT

So why piss them off?
Just ask yourself who are you to Ford when they have to build 5,000 a year and use some of those colors on other models that sell 100,000 a year? They have to pick colors and everyone of them will sell. With rare exceptions mustangs have terrible resale value, mods are worthless, even supercharged cars sell for shit. That's the way it's always been and always will be. I have painted stripes on my blue 90', showing people how they continue under the hood and bumpers is an eye opener, but it won't add value. I wouldn't think painted stripes would devalue a car like performance mods except for picky collectors.

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just saying, "why can't I have the same stripes that are on the gt350 on the gt350R?" They wouldn't cost anything more... Why say this color combo on one and this only on the other? Why limit? I get the cost of making different color combos, but this wouldn't cost anything more to Ford. They are already making the stripe decals in both colors.
FYI - my wife's mom and dad both worker on ford assembly lines. This should not be big deal.

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Just ask yourself who are you to Ford when they have to build 5,000 a year and use some of those colors on other models that sell 100,000 a year? They have to pick colors and everyone of them will sell. With rare exceptions mustangs have terrible resale value, mods are worthless, even supercharged cars sell for shit. That's the way it's always been and always will be. I have painted stripes on my blue 90', showing people how they continue under the hood and bumpers is an eye opener, but it won't add value. I wouldn't think painted stripes would devalue a car like performance mods except for picky collectors.
I agree with you as I am a person who searched for over a year to buy my used 2004 V6 Coupe. I looked at many (maybe 25) after screening 100's. I finally chose the one I did because it was 100% 'unmolested.' Every GT I looked at had one or more of the typical mods; loud exhaust, intake tubes, different wheels, 4.10:1 gears, seat covers, larger MAF, different paint, stripes, window tint, pin stripes, chromed or blacked out stuff, etc. The same went for the V6's as well but 'worse' but just not as prevalent (loud exhaust, Buick portholes on the fenders, big huge spoilers, hood scoops, etc.). The biggest issue among the V6 population was lack of maintenance or very high mileage. People seemed to have taken a GT or V6 and put $20k+ in mods on it to make it personally 'theirs' but it would never be 'mine.' I did not value any of these mods and in fact felt they devalued the car considerably.

If you want a car with all the add on stuff you want on it that is fine but don't expect your personalized car to appeal to anyone else if you want to sell it.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Pictures from an R model
I won't complain at all about the minimalism. I actually like it.

However, I would think it would take a savvy engineer minutes (certainly less than an hour) to program the startup on the nav. screen with an image of a cobra instead of a horse.

PLEASE FORD!!! :(

Jackie Chiles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW TDI SW
I'm just saying, "why can't I have the same stripes that are on the gt350 on the gt350R?" They wouldn't cost anything more... Why say this color combo on one and this only on the other? Why limit? I get the cost of making different color combos, but this wouldn't cost anything more to Ford. They are already making the stripe decals in both colors.
FYI - my wife's mom and dad both worker on ford assembly lines. This should not be big deal.
I'm not sure what the problem is. You will be buying one of the most awesome American sports cars ever made yet the color of the stripes is causing you extreme concern.

No offense intended.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Ford gave each version its own identity. Red accents on the stripes, red logos and red interior trim are exclusive to the GT350Rs.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Yes Ford should make all the changes for the whiners.
50,000 options for 5000 cars, makes perfect sense.
I would love liquid blue, they don't offer it, the way I see it, I have two
choices, pick another colour or don't buy it.
Seems simple. Oh wait or I could whine and whine to people
who don't make the decisions, that will work :)
Sponsored