Sponsored

Ordering Guide - 2015-2016 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang

Folgrim21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150 blk with 6"BDS , 2017pp recaro Mag
I'm fairly sure that the SVT dealer thing in Canada is over altogether. I also have every reason to believe that all the dealers in Canada that paid the price to Ford for that former specialty sign out front of their shops are not going to tell anyone about it. I recal a post from ford telling dealers that if they paid $1000 by a certain date they would get a min of 1 gt350.
Sponsored

jonb347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby, 1993 Mod Fox, 1968 Stang
Well, all I can say is, this is what I was told, also I deal with them often, even play poker with this guy. I actually give them more info on this car, from this site.
Than they know :) But why would they tell me this or lie, if its not real.
Last week I told them ( based on here) likely going to see prices and order guide
early May.

They were told, last month the SVT dealers would be the only one's getting these cars for two years. As SVT is done, going to Ford performance.
I suspect that will all change in the future. What will be the new program or deal
for Canada, who knows.
The Shelby program hasn't changed since 2007. You pay 1000 per model year to enroll in the program and get a minimum of 1.

Alkhater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Car§
First post :)

Really excited about this car.

Not sure if this was mentioned but according to the colour and trim availability guide - Competition Orange and Deep Impact Blue won't be available on the "R" (equipment group 920A) in the trim table. Then in racing stripes table - DIB is shown to be available on the "R" with white stripes. :shrug:

Seems to confirm the innaccuracy of this guide or that it's a draft.

I just wish that the non "R" would be available in white with blue/red accent striping. Oh and that i'd own one at some point :headbonk:

Enjoying the forum and looking forward for things to come :thumbsup:

Sponsored

5OHHHHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Raptor
It still is not clear to me if Recaros are the only option (cloth or leather trimmed). I'm 6-2 and 235 pounds... and the Recaros just don't work for me. Really uncomfortable to sit in. If it only comes with Recaros, I'd have to replace the driver's seat and put the original seat in storage.

I also wish there was a more "retro" looking (non-black) wheel option.
And the Sunbeam works for you? :p

Satan

Overlord.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13' Boss.
I just want to be able to order a 350R in black with the tech package and track spoiler and upgraded seats with sync 3. Take my money.

Hughespj47

HughesPJ47
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 Track Pack, '09 MINI Cooper S, 94 SHO
Since it appears Ford can't get some options/pricing out on the GT350s, my guess is that they are waiting for Chevy to announce options/pricing for the new Camaro first. I guess it's time to hibernate for another couple of weeks!

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Since it appears Ford can't get some options/pricing out on the GT350s, my guess is that they are waiting for Chevy to announce options/pricing for the new Camaro first. I guess it's time to hibernate for another couple of weeks!
The only good reason for me, for Ford waiting until Camaro release's their numbers, it that they want to take the thunder out of their big releasing date. (a new car) If Ford is just waiting to see what the pricing, options are, etc... I think this is weak and insecure. You do not see Porsche waiting for Ford to release news..I think Ford is giving Camaro way to much credit? or maybe not? your thoughts...:first:

Hughespj47

HughesPJ47
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 Track Pack, '09 MINI Cooper S, 94 SHO
The new Mustang is already out, with a huge coming out party. The Shelby is like the Z/28, in that it is a very small niche car and most people who buy pony cars don't even know what it is. Neither can they afford it - they just want it for the same reason people bought the '65 - style, good performance, and a reasonable price. I don't think the Shelby announcement will dent the Camaro announcement. I also suspect Chevy will play the same game by delaying the Z/28 until later.

It's the same for the high performance version announcements for all these cars. Get your bread & butter out in the market first, then do the specialty cars.

Now I'm caught doing exactly what frustrates me about these forums - SPECULATING!

Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
The new Mustang is already out, with a huge coming out party. The Shelby is like the Z/28, in that it is a very small niche car and most people who buy pony cars don't even know what it is. Neither can they afford it - they just want it for the same reason people bought the '65 - style, good performance, and a reasonable price. I don't think the Shelby announcement will dent the Camaro announcement. I also suspect Chevy will play the same game by delaying the Z/28 until later.

It's the same for the high performance version announcements for all these cars. Get your bread & butter out in the market first, then do the specialty cars.

Now I'm caught doing exactly what frustrates me about these forums - SPECULATING!
Is this not what its called "Speculating" when you talk about a product that is not yet released?..lol Its okay..lol Its only a problem when you say something as a fact when you are speculating (and your wrong !) Other than that everyone one is guessing, the fun part is getting to see who is right and wrong...lol

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe

I think you meant to say the Z28 is like the Shelby. Shelby came first. :thumbsup:

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
I got the call from my dealer that they will be getting at least one regular GT350 allocation and I'll be able to order it the way I want it. I hope Ford changes the order guide beforehand however. I'll order the Track Pkg for sure but I hope I could get Sync 3 as a standalone option.

Edit: Looks like this may be the case after all

Last edited: