Sponsored

Ordering and allocations really done for the year?

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Hello,

I am wondering if the ordering window is actually closed or that is what this dealer is telling me as they have no allocations? Also, he tried to tell me "there is always next year". I thought the GT350 was done?

Thanks
Sponsored

R N M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ, 2013 BMW 535i
Also looking for allocations.....

OP
OP
svt93style

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
At this point, I'll probably just pick one of the lot. IMO, they aren't going anywhere.
I work in the medical field and the virus, which never went away in the first place, is "back".
The end of the year is going to be brutal for the markets, and these cars will sit.
I have quite a few around me selling for $59k brand new. I really just wanted it exactly the way
I wanted but I think I can live with it. All the best in your search.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I wouldnā€™t bet on them sticking around. The dealership I bought from had 6 or so when I bought mine just a month ago. Go to their website now and poof, they gone.
I had been watching them for a couple months prior, to see them all go so quick was a surprise.
Iā€™d recommend you cut a deal especially if you can no longer order. The always next year is pretty funny since ā€˜20 is the last year of production.
Iā€™ve heard the order banks were closed but I havenā€™t verified.

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
Hello,

I am wondering if the ordering window is actually closed or that is what this dealer is telling me as they have no allocations? Also, he tried to tell me "there is always next year". I thought the GT350 was done?

Thanks
There is a hard limit (IE allocations) that a dealer is given by Ford for custom orders for "specialty cars". They have to fit a lot of regulations/standards/rules issued by Ford as well in order to get those extra allocations, such as a % of repair techs being certified on the GT350/500 etc.

MOST dealerhips I know of had an allocation of 2 GT350s that could be ordered. Larger dealerships, of course, got more, but not a hell of a lot more.

Ford has around 3100 dealerships in the USA. Lets say the number of GT350/350R's was around 6000 (mostly has been the past few years). The maths limit the numbers very quickly to a max of 2 per dealership IF they are all qualified to sell the GT350/500. So even if only 1/2 of the dealers could sell GT350/500s, you are still limited to 4 a year. Now Ford is going to ship you, the dealer, factory built GT350's...

THe maths do not work out well for allocations, especially this deep into JOB2 of 2020MY

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hello,

Thanks
My understanding is that the order banks are still open but possibly more important is the allocation availability for a GT350/R.

With the FRAP rumored to be building GT350/R's through September and possibly October I would not rule out the chance of ordering a new 2020 GT350 or R model at this point.

Good luck and best get on the phone and start making dozens of calls in order to secure one of these cool cars.

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
At this point, I'll probably just pick one of the lot. IMO, they aren't going anywhere.
I work in the medical field and the virus, which never went away in the first place, is "back".
The end of the year is going to be brutal for the markets, and these cars will sit.
I have quite a few around me selling for $59k brand new. I really just wanted it exactly the way
I wanted but I think I can live with it. All the best in your search.
I thought the virus would kill the higher end car market, but it doesn't seem to. With the Federal Reserve pumping money into the economy, the stock market, for now, seems to have found a way of defying gravity.

OP
OP
svt93style

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Iā€™ll have an update soon on this topic. Seems people have been waiting up to 6 months on the GT500. Rumor is some vendors canā€™t supply Ford with what they need and they are backed up so they canā€™t build anything. Hopefully know in a couple of days.

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™ll have an update soon on this topic. Seems people have been waiting up to 6 months on the GT500. Rumor is some vendors canā€™t supply Ford with what they need and they are backed up so they canā€™t build anything. Hopefully know in a couple of days.
Yeah the local dealer has three golden tickets for GT500's but Ford isn't accepting orders at this time for them due to part constraints.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Yeah the local dealer has three golden tickets for GT500's but Ford isn't accepting orders at this time for them due to part constraints.
With all due respect I suggest that the OP is looking for a GT350/R therefore 3 Golden Ticket allocations for a GT500 really is not relevant to this thread.

Having said that I suggest that the order banks are still open and that a GT350 and/or R model can still be ordered subject to getting an allocation from the local area zone Ford rep.

:)

Sponsored

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
With all due respect I suggest that the OP is looking for a GT350/R therefore 3 Golden Ticket allocations for a GT500 really is not relevant to this thread.

Having said that I suggest that the order banks are still open and that a GT350 and/or R model can still be ordered subject to getting an allocation from the local area zone Ford rep.

:)
I totally get that. It just seems that there are part constraints with Mustangs at this time.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I totally get that. It just seems that there are part constraints with Mustangs at this time.
Understood but suggest that the part constraints for the GT500 may not necessarily pertain to our GT350 and R's.

Watching Ben's list of GT350/R's grow every week with respect to assigned VIN numbers I would suggest that the models that we are interested in seem to have no issues with parts at this time whereas just as you pointed out the GT500 is in a different scenario.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)