Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I need to see Andy this week too! Who knows, maybe sometime tomorrow? I don't know if you got the Steeda bumpstops or not but if not, I HIGHLY recommend them. I have the Steeda progressive springs and Koni yellows. When I first lowered the car, people said no need to trim the bumpstops. The ride was a bit rough. Mike D @ Steeda told me to trim the back, I did and it was MUCH better but still hitting. It was funny when I went to trim them, they were trashed. Now with the Steeda bumpstops it's amazing, I just started on firming up my Konis as I had them on full soft.
Interesting, this tends to confirm my theory about why I didn't like my Koni/BMR setup. Cutting the bumpstops I think led to the bouncy feeling I had. Now Ford Racing Shocks and springs so it's a moot point now. It comes with FR bumpstops which are shorter and made of a softer material.

Andy worked on my bumpsteer kit today and I was able to p/u the car this afternoon. It's been raining and all so harder to tell, but the effect feels much reduced. I can definitely notice it over highway expansion joints and situations where random bumps occur - it doesn't want to dart off.

Unfortunately he didn't realize that I had camber bolts up front and as a result, I have way too much negative camber now. I forgot to mention it to him, and btw he recommended against the camber bolts for strength/safety reasons.

But bc of the neg camber, a little more tramlining is occurring. The car has always had it but a few times after lowering and having too much - camber, I have noticed it more. I think I can get the alignment back to OEM spec. I have too much rear camber as well. I will however gain an increase in cornering because of the camber. I need new tires in the spring anyway so I don't care about wearing them out.

I have -2.1 and -2.3 (L/R) in the front and -1.9 and -2.4 in the rear. 0.05 and 0.04 front toe and 0.06 and 0.01 rear toe. I would like to bring the front back to about -1 and the rear back to -1.5 or so.

I need to really drive the car when it's dry to see how it really feels. But I have noticed much less unwanted steering inputs during suspension compressing. I'm definitely considering caster/camber plates and/or adjustable camber arms but, should be able to get the alignment within OEM spec without them.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Oh yeah, drive from work today.. and no bumpsteer! Now my car tracks like it should. Hit bumps and it stays where it's supposed to. Now I am in control not the suspension. I recommend this Steeda Bumpsteer kit to anyone who lowers their car.

Now I kinda know what alignment specs I want to have so next time I'll get dialed in perfect.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yeah, drive from work today.. and no bumpsteer! Now my car tracks like it should. Hit bumps and it stays where it's supposed to. Now I am in control not the suspension. I recommend this Steeda Bumpsteer kit to anyone who lowers their car.

Now I kinda know what alignment specs I want to have so next time I'll get dialed in perfect.
Awesome!

Can't argue with that :cheers:

TJ

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Thanks TJ. Driving it more, it's a huge difference I can feel already. The ride quality also has increased because I do not have to worry about counter steering when I encounter a bump. It's taking a bit to get used to because I was almost expecting it go off track and it doesn't.

This is MUST if you lower your car 1" or more as I have. Upon further driving, the alignment feels more stable as I have gotten used to it. The steering is a bit less responsive due to the toe in up front. I still want to pull back some - camber but for now it'll do.

If you lower your car this is highly recommend for safety and drivability.

Star711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premuim
[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION],
I have the Steeda Ultralite Linear springs and the 3/8" rear spring spacers, will I need the rear bump stops at the full or short ride height?

Thanks

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Cut at least the first tier off the rear OEM bumpstops or get the Steeda ones.

I have the same springs. I cut 1.5 tiers off of the OEM bumpstops (no spring spacer).

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION],
I have the Steeda Ultralite Linear springs and the 3/8" rear spring spacers, will I need the rear bump stops at the full or short ride height?

Thanks
Your car will only be dropped ~0.25-0.3" from stock with the 3/8" rear spacers.

Star711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premuim
So does that mean I will need to use the Steeda bump stops at the high ride height?

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
At ~0.25" drop with linear springs, I highly doubt you will need to do anything with your bump stops. First of all, your springs being linear will have less initial deflection compared to a progressive and second, the factory bump stops are engineered so they get progressively firmer towards the end, the bottom part is very soft. If you're barely hitting the stops, you're not going to feel it.

You can always check if you feel harsh bumps. Inspect the bump stops for signs of abuse. It's extremely easy to get to. The top half of mine were shredded but I'm running on progressive springs and lowered an inch.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Thanks TJ. Driving it more, it's a huge difference I can feel already. The ride quality also has increased because I do not have to worry about counter steering when I encounter a bump. It's taking a bit to get used to because I was almost expecting it go off track and it doesn't.

This is MUST if you lower your car 1" or more as I have. Upon further driving, the alignment feels more stable as I have gotten used to it. The steering is a bit less responsive due to the toe in up front. I still want to pull back some - camber but for now it'll do.

If you lower your car this is highly recommend for safety and drivability.
How much of this new stability can you attribute to adding toe-in versus the bumpsteer kit?

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Who makes a bump steer stud that fits the GT350?

Scott Wilson

s550 is life
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had it on my Ecoboost before I sold it and tbh I never noticed a difference. I also had my car professionally aligned and later corner balanced by a road course shop. I noticed better handling and less bump steer after the corner balance. the guy that did all the work said that car wasnt really lowered low enough to max out the travel of the stock tie rod ends. He said they were really nice pieces and did help give extra resolution but not really needed. I was lowered on Steeda linears at the time

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
How much of this new stability can you attribute to adding toe-in versus the bumpsteer kit?
I think it is mostly from the bumpsteer kit. The toe in has made the steering less responsive, which makes it less busy. Running zero toe before the steering was very responsive. The response feels more numb as opposed to before.

The main difference is the bumpsteer that I noticed before isn't there or it is at least significantly reduced. Bumps and things aren't causing my steering to be affected. I think maybe with bumpsteer it's a thing you only notice when you have a problem. And before doing this, it was a minor annoyance.
Sponsored