Sponsored

Ordered Steeda Bumpsteer Kit

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
You can do it, or you can do it correctly.

Here is a video on how to do it correctly.

[ame]
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
OK so the original shop thinks that they can do it. He suggested strapping the car down while on the alignment rack in order to compress the suspension height. Will they take the proper to lower, adjust , lower, readjust, etc. idk. I hope so.

Maybe I should contact Adrenaline Automotive and see what they have to say before I decide.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
OK so the original shop thinks that they can do it. He suggested strapping the car down while on the alignment rack in order to compress the suspension height. Will they take the proper to lower, adjust , lower, readjust, etc. idk. I hope so.

Maybe I should contact Adrenaline Automotive and see what they have to say before I decide.
lol definitely call Andy at Adrenaline! That sounds like a Mickey Mouse rodeo. They "think" they can do it? I DEFINITELY would not pay money for a place that responds like that to touch it. I did that once, paid an alignment shop to install my first kit and align it. The bump steer was worse when they were done. Do yourself a favor and get it done right the first time. At least talk to Andy, I'm sure you'll be convinced.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
lol definitely call Andy at Adrenaline! That sounds like a Mickey Mouse rodeo. They "think" they can do it? I DEFINITELY would not pay money for a place that responds like that to touch it. I did that once, paid an alignment shop to install my first kit and align it. The bump steer was worse when they were done. Do yourself a favor and get it done right the first time. At least talk to Andy, I'm sure you'll be convinced.
I agree. And thank you so much for the info. I'm going to give him a call and see what he says. This has got to be done right. I need to take it someone who has the equipment and experience to get the job done correctly. Who knows, maybe I've found myself another Mustang shop I can take it to.

I also have other aftermarket suspension parts so a guy who knows road racing applications and stuff like that would probably be a big help.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Btw I think it was you who led me to buy the bumpsteer kit. Maybe it was one of your posts from another thread. Thanks for giving your input and helping a brother out.

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Qualified alignment techs should understand Bump Steer, find a person with a four wheel alignment center preferably late model Hunter alignment system.
If you find as shop that you feel comfortable with,I will call them to make sure they get it right. Mike D @ 954-960-0774

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Qualified alignment techs should understand Bump Steer, find a person with a four wheel alignment center preferably late model Hunter alignment system.
If you find as shop that you feel comfortable with,I will call them to make sure they get it right. Mike D @ 954-960-0774
Thank you Mike. The shop I was going to take it to has done four wheel alignments for me. I don't know what type of alignment system they use but I can ask. Your help would be much appreciated. Let me talk to Adrenaline Auto and see what they say and if they don't get back to me then I will enlist your help.

Thanks so much!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
^ I have Steeda 3 hours from me. I have a credit card leaving problem...

Steeda installed my bumpsteer kit when I was getting my car looked over and inspected for my track day organization requirement. They also showed me how terrible the SR Performance copy is of their kit (the bearing is a loose mess).

If you can get to Steeda, it's nice having the company that made the parts also inspect things and find issues that you had no idea were rearing their ugly head (yep... happened to me twice with non-Steeda parts).

Anyway, if you're in the Atlanta area - Gran Turismo East can do bump stop PROPERLY. They're familiar with Mustangs and the Steeda kit and can do the job pretty quickly.

You may call them and ask if they have any contacts near you. I knew a few guys there actually road course their cars competitively so it's possible they've made connections.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Just talked to Andy over at Adrenaline Automotive. Got a good feeling from talking to him and he sounded confident about the bumpsteer kit. Sounded like he has his own way of doing it based on his experience.

I'm gonna make an appointment with him next week and get this setup.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
^ I have Steeda 3 hours from me. I have a credit card leaving problem...

Steeda installed my bumpsteer kit when I was getting my car looked over and inspected for my track day organization requirement. They also showed me how terrible the SR Performance copy is of their kit (the bearing is a loose mess).

If you can get to Steeda, it's nice having the company that made the parts also inspect things and find issues that you had no idea were rearing their ugly head (yep... happened to me twice with non-Steeda parts).

Anyway, if you're in the Atlanta area - Gran Turismo East can do bump stop PROPERLY. They're familiar with Mustangs and the Steeda kit and can do the job pretty quickly.

You may call them and ask if they have any contacts near you. I knew a few guys there actually road course their cars competitively so it's possible they've made connections.
That would be nice to have Steeda look over my car unfortunately I live in Maryland and there's no Steeda shop close to me. Otherwise they'd probably have my credit card haha and I'd have myself a #20 race car.

Sponsored

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
Going fast and doing thing correctly takes time and money and not removing the spring to do this is a waste of money because you can not get proper articulation of the suspension and suspension articulation is what causes bump steer. Watch the video. Sitting on the front fender to move it is not articulating the suspension.

If you are near Road America, I can send you to several shops that know what they are doing.

Last edited:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Huzzah! My bumpsteer is actually better now with the GT350R front/SP085 rear spring setup compared to stock.

OP
OP
Bluemustang

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I took a long trip to Richmond this weekend to visit my brother and I got a chance to test out my new suspension. The ride was good and was actually better than my previous springs and shocks that I had. I can feel everything but it manages to not be as jarring as it was with the Koni shocks.

I also noticed that bumpsteer is definitely there. I can feel it and it has nothing to do with steering wheel or the alignment. Some roads were bad enough that it was moving all over the place. All in all it's not too bad but you notice it's there. The suspension is driving the car as much as I am so I am not in full control.

I think this bumpsteer kit is very necessary if not vital to the car. I can't drive it like this without getting it fixed. I mean I could and I would be fine but it will annoy me until the rest of time and the car will not handle as well as it can. The bumpsteer is VERY real.

I'm going to see Andy tomorrow morning and hopefully get this thing dialed in the way it needs to be.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I took a long trip to Richmond this weekend to visit my brother and I got a chance to test out my new suspension. The ride was good and was actually better than my previous springs and shocks that I had. I can feel everything but it manages to not be as jarring as it was with the Koni shocks.

I also noticed that bumpsteer is definitely there. I can feel it and it has nothing to do with steering wheel or the alignment. Some roads were bad enough that it was moving all over the place. All in all it's not too bad but you notice it's there. The suspension is driving the car as much as I am so I am not in full control.

I think this bumpsteer kit is very necessary if not vital to the car. I can't drive it like this without getting it fixed. I mean I could and I would be fine but it will annoy me until the rest of time and the car will not handle as well as it can. The bumpsteer is VERY real.

I'm going to see Andy tomorrow morning and hopefully get this thing dialed in the way it needs to be.
I need to see Andy this week too! Who knows, maybe sometime tomorrow? I don't know if you got the Steeda bumpstops or not but if not, I HIGHLY recommend them. I have the Steeda progressive springs and Koni yellows. When I first lowered the car, people said no need to trim the bumpstops. The ride was a bit rough. Mike D @ Steeda told me to trim the back, I did and it was MUCH better but still hitting. It was funny when I went to trim them, they were trashed. Now with the Steeda bumpstops it's amazing, I just started on firming up my Konis as I had them on full soft.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I need to see Andy this week too! Who knows, maybe sometime tomorrow? I don't know if you got the Steeda bumpstops or not but if not, I HIGHLY recommend them. I have the Steeda progressive springs and Koni yellows. When I first lowered the car, people said no need to trim the bumpstops. The ride was a bit rough. Mike D @ Steeda told me to trim the back, I did and it was MUCH better but still hitting. It was funny when I went to trim them, they were trashed. Now with the Steeda bumpstops it's amazing, I just started on firming up my Konis as I had them on full soft.
Mike D is the man!

TJ
Sponsored