Sponsored

Ordered an 2018 how lone for delivery?

Flare65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I'm a bit confused about the priority number. I dont see it when I log into COTUS. Is it supposed to be listed there? I ordered on 2/24 and the estimated delivery date is 6/06
Sponsored

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
you have to talk to your sales guy to see what they put it at on the order

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I'm a bit confused about the priority number. I dont see it when I log into COTUS. Is it supposed to be listed there? I ordered on 2/24 and the estimated delivery date is 6/06
Your priority number won't be on COTUS. As [MENTION=33091]Matco[/MENTION] said, you will have to talk to your sales guy or ask him for the DORA (Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement).

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Don’t worry about it.
It is NOT a Ford priority number and most on here are totally clueless about it. It is a number that applies ONLY to the build order at that particular dealership and the order that specific dealership wants their cars built. You can have a priority number of 58 but if there are no other mustangs on order at your dealership your really number 1.

Ford has a pecking order in selecting dealerships for build planning allocation. That is where your hold up is, I assume you are with a smaller dealer that doesn’t turn and burn alot of cars......thus ya gotta wait until your dealership’s turn comes up.

Last edited:

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Dealership said they can still order an 18, is this true. I thought it ended

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Don’t worry about it.
It is NOT a Ford priority number and most on here are totally clueless about it. It is a number that applies ONLY to the build order at that particular dealership and the order that specific dealership wants their cars built. You can have a priority number of 58 but if there are no other mustangs on order at your dealership your really number 1.

Ford has a pecking order in selecting dealerships for build planning allocation. That is where your hold up is, I assume you are with a smaller dealer that doesn’t turn and burn alot of cars......thus ya gotta wait until your dealership’s turn comes up.
True! There are so many factors that go into scheduling, but it does help having a priority 10 if you are ordering from a large volume dealership.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Dealership said they can still order an 18, is this true. I thought it ended
They may have some 18s in the system that they can amend to meet your specs.

There are often some last minute orders where the model yr really doesnt change parts/build process. Ford already has a last day of build for the 18s....they may still have some room and can slip some last minutes orders in if they meet current part restraints. I would be having a very long talk with your New Car Mannager to verify everything as it is way late...

Sponsored

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
They may have some 18s in the system that they can amend to meet your specs.

There are often some last minute orders where the model yr really doesnt change parts/build process. Ford already has a last day of build for the 18s....they may still have some room and can slip some last minutes orders in if they meet current part restraints. I would be having a very long talk with your New Car Mannager to verify everything as it is way late...
what is the last 18 production day?

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
what is the last 18 production day?
Assumed to be Friday 6/8 as Ford has not announced a plant shut down between 18 and 19MYs.

Last time I checked Job 1 for the 2019 Mustang is Monday June 11th.

But note these dates can and do change.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Assumed to be Friday 6/8 as Ford has not announced a plant shut down between 18 and 19MYs.

Last time I checked Job 1 for the 2019 Mustang is Monday June 11th.

But note these dates can and do change.
I believe it's actually showing 6/13 for last day MY18 and the same 6/13 for Job 1 MY19. You would think there would at least be one day difference.
Sponsored