Sponsored

Order Changed from Black to Ruby Red... Right Choice??

Ryan78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
While waiting for a service appointment this week at my dealer, I walked out onto the lot for a peak at their inventory. They had two Fusions right next to each other, one in Ingot and one in Ruby. DAMN the Ruby looks GREAT! I almost changed my order from Ingot to Ruby right then and there. I've had metallic reds before, but nothing as awesome as Ruby. It's beautiful! After my appointment I came home and looked at the Ruby thread for about an hour. My honest opinion is that the pop that Ruby has just doesn't convey in the pictures. It looks so much better in person. I think you'll be just fine!
Sponsored

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yes, but both are good.

Ruby Red will still show swirls however! I hated seeing them. I love washing my car, but I would just have bad luck with whatever sponge/car wash apparatus I decided to use...because they all seemingly scratched it if I washed the dang things or not!

So I would go ahead and wax the whole thing ...fix all the swirls...then they'd be back.

It was a never ending war between me and the scratches. That's why I decided on silver...Plus with this body style I think it fits it perfectly. Slightly more discreet, not prone to random scratches that show easily ( seriously, they just popped up out of nowhere, it was ridiculous) and I just like it!

I will miss the way the red shines in the sun, but I plan to be doing more driving instead of looking this time around ;)

Good luck with your decision!

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
Wax doesn't fix swirls, it may fill them in for a brief time, but doesn't fix them. You need to polish your car for that, it's not as hard as it sounds if you take your time. Follow 'Junkman2000' on YouTube. I've been following his techniques and have success.

A good rinse, then foam gun and two bucket wash with high quality microfiber mit and soap can prevent a lot of damage up front. Not all, but a lot. Then every year, polish it up nice and seal it.

Darker cars probably need it done twice a year though.

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Wax doesn't fix swirls, it may fill them in for a brief time, but doesn't fix them. You need to polish your car for that, it's not as hard as it sounds if you take your time. Follow 'Junkman2000' on YouTube. I've been following his techniques and have success.

A good rinse, then foam gun and two bucket wash with high quality microfiber mit and soap can prevent a lot of damage up front. Not all, but a lot. Then every year, polish it up nice and seal it.

Darker cars probably need it done twice a year though.
Thanks for the advice! I will definitely not make the same mistakes with my new Mustang :thumbsup: .

I've always wanted a foam gun :headbang:

Sponsored

souprmage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP 50th Appearance
What ever you do, DONT USE A MICROFIBER TOWEL FROM HOME DEPOT OR SIMILAR. You know the ones, when you drag your hand over them and they grab your hand. Those are crap. They grab the dirt, hold onto it, and swirl the hell out of everything. Heaven forbid you accidentally drop it on the ground.

The only thing those are good for is for washing in the load with your good ones to grab all the crap that happens to get in the load and keep them out of your good towels.

Junkman2000 has a great video on just rags and where to get the good ones (theragcompany.com).

Remember, the best way to get rid of swirl marks is to not make them to begin with.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What ever you do, DONT USE A MICROFIBER TOWEL FROM HOME DEPOT OR SIMILAR. You know the ones, when you drag your hand over them and they grab your hand.
I absolutely despise that feeling. Thanks for giving me flashbacks, bud. :mad:

DonLafond

1 Happy Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What ever you do, DONT USE A MICROFIBER TOWEL FROM HOME DEPOT OR SIMILAR. You know the ones, when you drag your hand over them and they grab your hand. Those are crap. They grab the dirt, hold onto it, and swirl the hell out of everything. Heaven forbid you accidentally drop it on the ground.

The only thing those are good for is for washing in the load with your good ones to grab all the crap that happens to get in the load and keep them out of your good towels.

Junkman2000 has a great video on just rags and where to get the good ones (theragcompany.com).

Remember, the best way to get rid of swirl marks is to not make them to begin with.
I am not following Junkman2000 boys and girls. Thanks soup for the referral.

sublime5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Good choice indeed. Black is beautiful clean, but it's hard to keep clean. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Brian@Vossen

Brian@Vossen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang with a V8
Good choice indeed. Black is beautiful clean, but it's hard to keep clean. Enjoy!
Good choice Brian, Ruby with PP looks amazing in those pics you posted. It pops just enough in the sun and still looks classy and mean at the same time.

I like Black, except cleaning it, I don't think you will be disappointed at all man.
Yes, but both are good.

Ruby Red will still show swirls however! I hated seeing them. I love washing my car, but I would just have bad luck with whatever sponge/car wash apparatus I decided to use...because they all seemingly scratched it if I washed the dang things or not!

So I would go ahead and wax the whole thing ...fix all the swirls...then they'd be back.

It was a never ending war between me and the scratches. That's why I decided on silver...Plus with this body style I think it fits it perfectly. Slightly more discreet, not prone to random scratches that show easily ( seriously, they just popped up out of nowhere, it was ridiculous) and I just like it!

I will miss the way the red shines in the sun, but I plan to be doing more driving instead of looking this time around ;)

Good luck with your decision!

Thank you guys for all the feedback!

Quit with all of yalls black bashing :thumbdown:

He's just mad I switched ;)

Sponsored

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
Never owned a black car and never will. How can you see the design with an all black car? RR is a great choice.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Absolutely.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Absolutely a great choice!

Notice the RR looks OK with the black PP wheels. The black car looks like a shadow with the black wheels. No definition at all. I guess that's a look, but I happen to hate it.

Ryan78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Ever since I commented on this thread a few weeks back I've contemplated my decision to go with Ingot. In the last few days, with so many pics popping up in the Spotted in the Wild thread, including several Ruby, it has been a constant struggle whether to stick with Ingot (build week Oct 20) or try and switch to Ruby. I still love Ingot, and I went with it because it's easy to keep clean and looks classy. However, it doesn't have the pop that Ruby does. Is anyone else on this thread still struggling with your color choice this late in the game? First world problems, I know.

roushed

Threads
Reaction score
I have a ruby red 14 explorer sport I love it, will be getting ruby red 15 Mustang
Sponsored