Opinions - 2018 pp1 premium

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
I have an all-but-done transaction on a Crimson 2018 pp1 premium a10 w/ 6,700 miles for $35,200 OTD ($32,900 pre-TTL). I think it’s a 400a by I’m not totally sure. I know it has Nav and leather. The deal is all but done, just waiting on me to drive up to Dallas (from Houston), test drive and sign.

What say ye? Good deal? Average? Rip off? The only downer of this car is the crimson color. I really wanted Ruby, race red or magnetic. Other than that it, the car looks money if it’s as it has been presented.
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Hard to say. I'd try and see if you can find the previous owner and find out why it was traded. As far as Royal Crimson, it was a one year only color and looks amazing in person. I was seriously considering an '18 PP1 in Royal Crimson when I wasn't sure if my order was going to get built.

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Hard to say. I'd try and see if you can find the previous owner and find out why it was traded. As far as Royal Crimson, it was a one year only color and looks amazing in person. I was seriously considering an '18 PP1 in Royal Crimson when I wasn't sure if my order was going to get built.
The color has grown on me. I haven’t actually seen a pp1 version in person yet. Looks nice in pics though. This one already has blacked out emblems as well. I’m just really torn on if I should hold out and see what else comes along or be happy with this one. This one seems like a good deal but I’m not sure what original Msrp was on it. I’m buying from a Chevy dealership so they haven’t exactly been very great on info.

draph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT PP1
Assuming the car is in good shape, you are getting a fair to really good deal. Base MSRP on GT premium was $39.2K. PP1 was $4K. Crimson was a $395 special color. The A10, I believe, (not on my Monroney I'm looking at now) around $2K. And don't forget $900 destination charge. So, at minimum original MSRP was near $46K. $5K off MSRP when purchasing new was relatively common - so you're getting at least another $8-9K off for mileage and model year depreciation. If the car has more options: 401a:$2200 (included Nav, heated steering wheel, digi dash), Magnaride: $1695, Shaker $895, active exhaust $895, safe and smart $1495 (in 2018 included active cruise, lanekeeping, blindspot, ped detection, rear cross path detection, and backup sensors). If it has the nickel luster forged PP1 wheels instead of the black ones, that was another $795.

Good luck in your decision.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Just beware of the BBQ TICK and death rattle. Lots of bad engines blowing and Ford is trying to cover it up.

Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
I really love my R.C. PP1 jump on it

OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Assuming the car is in good shape, you are getting a fair to really good deal. Base MSRP on GT premium was $39.2K. PP1 was $4K. Crimson was a $395 special color. The A10, I believe, (not on my Monroney I'm looking at now) around $2K. And don't forget $900 destination charge. So, at minimum original MSRP was near $46K. $5K off MSRP when purchasing new was relatively common - so you're getting at least another $8-9K off for mileage and model year depreciation. If the car has more options: 401a:$2200 (included Nav, heated steering wheel, digi dash), Magnaride: $1695, Shaker $895, active exhaust $895, safe and smart $1495 (in 2018 included active cruise, lanekeeping, blindspot, ped detection, rear cross path detection, and backup sensors). If it has the nickel luster forged PP1 wheels instead of the black ones, that was another $795.
Good luck in your decision.
Car looks perfect in pics but I’ll get the real scoop when I inspect and test drive it. I know it has nav and heat/cool seats. Not sure how to tell about the safe/smart or shaker but it doesn’t have magnaride, active exhaust, luster wheels or digital gauges. So sounds like 400a with nav? Either way I think it’s a pretty good deal but was having last second doubts. I’ve been researching for ~6 months or so, maybe it’s just hard to believe I might finally own one!

Just beware of the BBQ TICK and death rattle. Lots of bad engines blowing and Ford is trying to cover it up.
Yeah, not worried. That’s what warranty is for and why it won’t be getting tuned.

I really love my R.C. PP1 jump on it
Nice! I’m ready to see it in the sun with my own eyes. I haven’t seen any in this color in my area.

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What say ye? Good deal? Average? Rip off? The only downer of this car is the crimson color. I really wanted Ruby, race red or magnetic. Other than that it, the car looks money if it’s as it has been presented.
The color is unique enough where it generates interest from non mustang folks, My daughter enjoys riding in the car and commenting on how many people are checking the car out at stoplights. I cant tell you the number of compliments it has received...but I always keep it spotless so i'm sure that's a reason. But most importantly of all...I think its just plain bad ass. Fell in love with the color the moment I saw it,

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
On my 17, the 401A got the trunk mounted sub and the running horse puddle lights. You could always run the vin thru etis and download the pdf of the window sticker. Then you will know for sure what the car has and how much it was.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
OP
OP

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
The color is unique enough where it generates interest from non mustang folks, My daughter enjoys riding in the car and commenting on how many people are checking the car out at stoplights. I cant tell you the number of compliments it has received...but I always keep it spotless so i'm sure that's a reason. But most importantly of all...I think its just plain bad ass. Fell in love with the color the moment I saw it,
Yeah the more pics I see in different light the more I like the color. I can’t wait to see it on Monday morning, 1 hour flight then 4hrs back home. The deal is done pending test drive and inspection.

On my 17, the 401A got the trunk mounted sub and the running horse puddle lights. You could always run the vin thru etis and download the pdf of the window sticker. Then you will know for sure what the car has and how much it was.
I’m trying but not working on my phone. I think it’s a 400a.

So put the VIN of the car at the end of this link and you'll hopefully get the full window sticker to know the details: windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=
Thanks! I couldn’t get it to work on my phone. Here’s the VIN 1FA6P8CF0J5144789. I’ll try to see when I get home to a computer.
Sponsored