Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Always good to have options but sometimes having too many just confuses the issue, makes it more complicated than it needs to be. In this situation ask yourself 1 question has there been a failure with either of these companies OPG if the answer is no then go with the one you feel comfortable with.
Totally agree. These are alllllllll just opinions anyway. many people shy away from brand X or brand Y because of some BS story they heard 5 years ago. Brand wise you're gona get about a 50/50 split. But again.. it's a split based 95% on pure opinion, and nothing else. This is a public online forum and the average person on here has zero real life, hands on, experience with differing brands. Not saying nobody does... but the large majority do not. Any brand listed is better than stock by far. So the only "bad call" is staying with stock forever.
Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well, this thread likely made the decision whether to pay the $995 for the add-on Roush Warranty......I read it to make sure it specifically says "Oil Pump"....it does.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
If the pump fails, flow instantly stops.. meaning the filter should be clean. Pull the pan and check a rod bearing.
Is it always the case the pump would stop "instantly" though? Is it impossible to get a slower (from a few seconds or longer) failure mode? A partial crack here, one there, etc.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The pump is breaking due to fatigue so I would say that at rpm it is going to basically shatter, there will be no minor cracking anywhere.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
In my limited experience working on oooooold engines, I would not pass that surface on such a low mileage vehicle. I know the guy who I took stuff to for machining was an old racer guy and I had one looking like that and he said... "replace them all since you're in there, kid!" I've not worked on 5.0 engines (too many wires and brackets to disconnect in today's cars... old cars you just undid some hoses, a few bolts, and yanked).

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Personally, I'd pull the pan and clean it out thoroughly, then while it's off pull each main cap individually and inspect the bearing shell on each. If you're going to do one, it's not going to take much longer to do them all.

Any sign of galling or abnormal damage on any main bearing shell or crank journal would dictate to me whether I'd consider a rebuild or not. If any main is compromised, chances are one (or more) rod bearing/journal is also.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
IMO you would be better off pulling the motor out and work on an engine stand. You will waste more time and energy trying to do it in frame.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I want to thank everyone for there help and advice here. At this point my decision it to instal a new oil pump and run it change the oil check for fragments and see how it runs. If it doesn't sound good or fails then a new crate motor is going in.

samcrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I want to thank everyone for there help and advice here. At this point my decision it to instal a new oil pump and run it change the oil check for fragments and see how it runs. If it doesn't sound good or fails then a new crate motor is going in.
I think you've got a good idea here. What do you really have to lose? While some might beg to differ, your risk/reward potential is pretty significant if you can get it to operate properly after installing the new OPG.

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Less than a grand to save $5500. Seems worth it to me. And if it doesn't work, I wouldn't be afraid to put those parts in the new engine, so you'll use them either way.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
So the real question is are you going to reuse the aftermarket damper? Go with ATI? Stock?
This really is a tough one becuase I really don't believe the MMR damper is in anyway responsible and for that matter the stock one. But becuase I will now please the gods to have all the luck in my side and rule out any doubt in my my fragile mind, I will be using an ATI damper.

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I did some digging around and research and ended up pulling the trigger on these guys. Thanks to Terry at TeamBeefcake, Anthony at Hypermotive, and Jegs for getting me these parts in time. Can't wait for these to go on tomorrow!
IMG_20160910_222444.jpg

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I did some digging around and research and ended up pulling the trigger on these guys. Thanks to Terry at TeamBeefcake, Anthony at Hypermotive, and Jegs for getting me these parts in time. Can't wait for these to go on tomorrow!
Nice choice on items, and I'm really impressed with boundary OPG's I just can't get over that they sells for $120 less than the competition makes me wonder how do they do it. They are in the OPG business for many cars and really have some nice information on there product.
Sponsored