Sponsored

One piece drive shaft?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
So, in your words, if I had the B302 in 5th gear and the 350 in 6th gear, they would have the same driveshaft rotational velocity?

Assuming both cars are doing the same speed down the road and have the same tire size, yes. One of the cars could be in neutral with the engine shut off and was being pushed but a truck and the driveshafts would still be spinning at the same RPM.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Assuming both cars are doing the same speed down the road and have the same tire size, yes. One of the cars could be in neutral with the engine shut off and was being pushed but a truck and the driveshafts would still be spinning at the same RPM.
Gotcha... yep understood now. Thanks for the tidbit of info.

Amazing how something so simple can become so complex. :cheers:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I should clarify that the max speeds could exain why Ford would not use a one-piece design from the factory. Since most of us probably won't ever get close to 180 MPH, using an aftermarket CF shaft might be totally fine, and would have big benefits at lower speeds due to the reduced inertia and weight.

-T
Hameedi explained at the Powertrain Reveal this past summer that the reason for not using CF for the driveshaft was stiffness. Believe it or not CF didn't make the cut, and not for lack of trying. Early GT350 mules did have CF one piece shafts in place along with '13/'14 GT500 fixed or "cup style" flanges at the rear of the TR3160 6 speed transmission.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I want to caution people I heard it again that Ford will vigorously fight any warranty claims that involve any aftermarket performance parts.

There is good news too they will warranty cars used on solo track events for items that wear out or break during these events.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I want to caution people I heard it again that Ford will vigorously fight any warranty claims that involve any aftermarket performance parts.

There is good news too they will warranty cars used on solo track events for items that wear out or break during these events.

That's nothing new.. No manufacturer wants to cover anything modified.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored