Sponsored

my 2017 GT350 with vibrations, it's the drive shaft

Krman68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350, 68 GT500KR
I had a vibration in my car from 2400-2900 RPM in 4th gear - it was incredibly annoying when cruising at say 45mph. It turned out to be the driveshaft as the vibration was completely resolved when I had it replaced under warranty; I had a thread on here about it a while ago. Ford almost replaced my transmission, they would've been pissed when the vibration didn't go away with that...

For the record I also have a 2017

I have an ā€˜18 with 12500 miles on it. I had heard that the vibration was normal because of the flat plane crank. I also notice a vibration from about 3500-4500 rpm. I feel it in the shift handle and the clutch pedal. It isnā€™t violent but clearly noticeable at that range. I donā€™t feel it at low rpms and fades out at higher rpms leading me to believe something isnā€™t balanced.

how bad was your vibration?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Hiland

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I have an ā€˜18 with 12500 miles on it. I had heard that the vibration was normal because of the flat plane crank. I also notice a vibration from about 3500-4500 rpm. I feel it in the shift handle and the clutch pedal. It isnā€™t violent but clearly noticeable at that range. I donā€™t feel it at low rpms and fades out at higher rpms leading me to believe something isnā€™t balanced.

how bad was your vibration?
The vibration you are talking about is normal for this car, it's rough when you rev it up and some of us including myself we also experience a metallic rattle which comes from the shifter or below it. I wouldn't worry about it. It can be repaired but then they have to rip up the shifter and some plates below it, not worth most agree.
My vibration is not noticeable until I drive 80mls/hr and up and gets worse as speed increases, and it feels like the rear wheels are vibrating, as if they are unbalanced but if it was the tires at some point with higher speed the vibration disappears whereas in my car it keeps getting worse. Best noticeable in 6th gear.