One of our local Ford dealers racing their new inventory at the track

JOEB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOE
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Am I the only one curious about how well he did?
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Pre COVID the Atlanta Mitor Speedway held drag races on the front straightaway every Friday night in the summer. For $20 you could race whatever you could drive in. A normal race night would see minibikes, go karts, 4 wheelers, street cars, trucks of various sizes and top fuel dragster and everythingin between. One night I literally saw a Mercedes station wagon full of laundry and another night a "short" school bus. Plumbers have raced their work trucks against lifted diesel pick ups.
It's a hoot to watch and all you have to do is pay your entry fee and wear a helmet.
I need to check to see if they have started racing again...
Huh, that's kind of neat!
I mean it's totally fine if you get the strip or whatever to yourself, right? The issue becomes when you have to share a track with a vehicle like that.

And I totally understand everyone wants to have fun driving and everyone's budget is limited. I guess my concern would be safety here, you either get a behemoth not equipped to brake/accelerate that you gotta drive near or you get someone putting around 40mph on a track where everyone flies 90+mph.

Again though, on a limited section where you don't have to worry about that, heck yea that's gotta be fun!

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
12km ..... that's like 8 feet or sumtin, right?

:D

On a funnier note, I was often in the truck plant when I worked at an OEM.

Fifty feet from rolling off the line and those trucks, every one of them, was at wide open throttle through every gear lol.

They pulled each one into a roller station, hooked up to the monitor, and got in, to function test everything.

Better they grenade at the plant than in the customer's hands (I never saw one go wrong)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Pre COVID the Atlanta Mitor Speedway held drag races on the front straightaway every Friday night in the summer. For $20 you could race whatever you could drive in. A normal race night would see minibikes, go karts, 4 wheelers, street cars, trucks of various sizes and top fuel dragster and everythingin between. One night I literally saw a Mercedes station wagon full of laundry and another night a "short" school bus. Plumbers have raced their work trucks against lifted diesel pick ups.
It's a hoot to watch and all you have to do is pay your entry fee and wear a helmet.
I need to check to see if they have started racing again...
Back in the '90s when I did a lot of bracket racing, we'd all be chasing our tails running heavily modded '60s muscle and trying to be consistent while the guy that won a lot ran an old Slant-6 Dodge Dart and just left it in drive.

Consistency is key in bracket racing. I remember breaking out by .001 second once.

Sponsored

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
I don't think Tasca Ford is in Canada...
it doesn't matter...

"There's an old adage related to the relationship between auto racing and automotive sales “Win on Sunday, sell on Monday” – meaning that strong performance in auto racing drives sales once dealerships re-open on Monday."

it surprise me, how a collective group of ford mustang owners are so butthurt about a dealership running one of their cars in a CLOSED, PREPARED, LEGAL track.

Last edited:

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
also, most of the time, the mileage you see online, are not the EXACT mileage to the dot when you go to the dealership to check the car... people do test drives and shit.

now, if you see the car has 500 km instead of 12 km, then yeah, that was a long ass test drive and you ask wtf happened and start working the price down. We sold a mclaren 650s not to long ago, and the car had like 800 miles between the add and the odometer because the owner was driving it and also took it to mclaren tampa for an inspection. The guy who bought it, ask for $1000 discount because of that, we said yes, we were both happy.

other than that, its just drama.

OP
OP
Ehdrian

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
it doesn't matter...

"There's an old adage related to the relationship between auto racing and automotive sales “Win on Sunday, sell on Monday” – meaning that strong performance in auto racing drives sales once dealerships re-open on Monday."

it surprise me, how a collective group of ford mustang owners are so butthurt about a dealership running one of their cars in a CLOSED, PREPARED, LEGAL track.
I suppose the major difference would be that "Win on Sunday, sell on Monday" would imply that the dealership is using the track as advertising to lure customers in with motorsport. Bob Tasca Isn't a salesman, who takes the window stickers off the vehicles for joyrides, hiding the fact that the vehicle is new inventory from their lot.

There's lots of dealerships who do quite the opposite and run dealership sponsored vehicles with all the decals on the bodywork advertising the dealership. This is not the case.

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Somewhere in Ford's Pre-Delivery Inspection How-To they go over testing out ALL the capabilities of the car. We make sure we drag race every Mustang before delivery. :crackup:

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Well this claim on their advert is pure fantasy too 😂

7 L/100Km City
4 L/100Km highway

In the real world you’ll get
19.3 l/100km urban
and 9 l/100 km Highway
if you are lucky 😂

sounds like a dealer to steer well clear of 😂
What are you talking about? Can you translate please?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
What are you talking about? Can you translate please?
I'm surprised you haven't seen European version of fuel economy listings, volume per distance. :)
Overall though, those numbers are pipe dreams and shouldn't be listed anywhere near the Mustangs.

The listed fuel economy is 58.8 MPG/highway :cwl:
Wife's former Niro used to get close to that. On the Bullitt I get that on the first downhill after I fill up at Costco and reset the meter. Goes away with first tap of throttle tho. :(

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There's lots of dealerships who do quite the opposite and run dealership sponsored vehicles with all the decals on the bodywork advertising the dealership. This is not the case.
yeah, if they are not advertising the dealership, that's something else. But i don't think it was just a salesman that decided to grab a car from the lot and go for a joy ride... that order came from someone with a higher pay grade.

i had a customer in Kuwait who used to sell american cars there, i used to buy the cars for him brand new and i had to put around 200-300 miles on all of them in order to export the cars as used cars. but obviously, when i was getting the car it was sold and not advertised anymore on the dealership's website

OP
OP
Ehdrian

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
yeah, if they are not advertising the dealership, that's something else. But i don't think it was just a salesman that decided to grab a car from the lot and go for a joy ride... that order came from someone with a higher pay grade.

i had a customer in Kuwait who used to sell american cars there, i used to buy the cars for him brand new and i had to put around 200-300 miles on all of them in order to export the cars as used cars. but obviously, when i was getting the car it was sold and not advertised anymore on the dealership's website
That same dealership seems to be very relaxed with their rules surrounding "borrowing" a vehicle from the lot. My wife and I went there to potentially purchase a Lincoln Aviator, but the two we were actually interested in weren't available to see over the weekend because their staff were using them over the weekend. I'd heard of the management have demonstrators before, but having 1/2 of your inventory off the lot on the weekend during a vehicle shortage blew our minds. They were resistant to even calling their staff on the weekend to bring them by to show them to us. Needless to say, we didn't buy from there.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10

As someone that works at a dealership, I know first hand that the sales people just do whatever the hell they want. Better to ask forgiveness than permission. The more expensive / exotic / sporty the car is, the more likely someone is taking it for the weekend. We’ve had a couple M8 Competitions that were wrecked fairly bad this way. One was even wrecked by the sales person’s friend that he let borrow it for a week. Was he fired? Nope.
Sponsored