on3performance twin turbo kit

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
;)
Has scavenger pump.
My Hellion kit took 24 hours and this will most certainly be less(I think like the SBD and other low mounted turbo kits)

I don't really have a dog in this fight(if there is one?)-kit is free plus tuning cost and I also have a car with the Hellion kit- like some vendors may have but I assume all the low mounted kits are going to have similar design-so hope there are no claims of "copying"
-Chad had started developing this Kit Dec 2014 way before SBD started in spring.

I guess the difference in the end come down to quality of parts / fit and finish and performance(which I suspect will be similar and dependent on tuning).I can say Chad himself has been great. It was frustrating at times not having the car for so long,but the guy is quite OCD and I know when it comes to designing stuff like this, that is an asset.

This car is a manual, all stock engine/fuel system(except for 47lb injectors),making 7lbs of boost so don't expect similar performance to the SBD/Hellion kit........... for now.
Future plans include a built block/OPG/Fuel system/E85/transmission upgrade but I am sure how fast it goes will be still limited by " driver mod"-which sadly I don't have much off.....but I know some one who does.;);)
Definitely no plans for autoswap like I did on my 12(it is now fast, has run 9's but like my Hellion car is boring when driven on the street)
How do you like the tune? Is drivability better on this kit?
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Hard to compare since the Hellion car is an auto and I feel drivability suffered a bit after the converter.
Tune seems fine but I have not been in boost .
He said it still had intermittent IMRC issues that go away by just restarting the car.
I got the p2006-2007 code this morning that I cleared-so will see if they come back.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
At the end of the day the quality of the product sells itself as we have seen with the tunes.

Most tuners are not vendors and we still support them. Time will tell....

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Thread def went south. IMO lets talk about performance and what the kit has done. Some pole love the On3 kit hand did not have issues. Most in the Mustang market from the previous kits know you may need to "massage" their kits to get them to fit. If On3 new kit for this platforms fit better then great for them.

Sponsored

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Edit: Thread cleaned up. Let's get back on topic please.

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
Hard to compare since the Hellion car is an auto and I feel drivability suffered a bit after the converter.
Tune seems fine but I have not been in boost .
He said it still had intermittent IMRC issues that go away by just restarting the car.
I got the p2006-2007 code this morning that I cleared-so will see if they come back.
In simple terms what does this mean? will these codes keep the car from running good? whats keeping the tuners from getting 100 percent drivability? if sai tuned this car would that mean this tune would be similar to the one on sheldons car? im guessing one kit would not be harder to tune than the other?

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Looks like they stole SBDs oil cap design. Not cool.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Looks like they stole SBDs oil cap design. Not cool.
Here we go again !
He was already done with the initial phase of his design/fab work in Feb(car was picked up Dec 2014)
SBD did not even start till spring !

Sponsored

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I said "looks like" maybe they both designed them at different times. Not trying to stir up anything. Making these kits and staying unique is a challenge.

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
Here we go again !
He was already done with the initial phase of his design/fab work in Feb(car was picked up Dec 2014)
SBD did not even start till spring !
Amen! This thread is to talk about differences in two kits because olaosunt is fortunate enough to own both. I for one would like to hear about the differences ie top mount vs low mount etc? Not a debate on which kit is better where turbos are made? I'm starting to think people just throw there opinion out with no knowledge of what they are talking about.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, we had some decent weather today(low 50's) and I had a chance to drive the On3 car.

I am not sure how much is due to the better weight distribution of the turbo's(and I am sure less weight) making the Hellion car nose heavy or the Steeda IRS suspension parts(linear springs,IRS sub frame brace and bushing support system, vertical links-did not install PP rear toe links or bushing differential),one piece drive shaft,DSS axles, but the On3 car drives and handles like a dream.

The on3 car was lighter to start of being a base, manual while the Hellion car is a premium auto.

The car is a lot more responsive at part throttle .I don't know how much boost it is making since the cars OEM gauge (I know it is inaccurate from the Hellion car) is not reading anything .

Under WOT the dump tubes are noisy and make an awful racket(like an exhaust leak which I guess it is) so I plan to route them in to the exhaust.

Off course it does not pull like the Hellion car@WOT which is making about 14 psi and always has 100 octane in it (just had it on the dyno and it made 750/723 with MS109).

The IMRC light is back on and the car surges/splutters a bit when I think I think it is starting to make boost at WOT
I had the same issue with Hellion car with same p2007/2206 codes and it did not make ANY boost until my installer fixed it by rerouting the vacuum lines.
I am hoping he can do the same with this car but I am waiting on a couple of couplers I need to install the induction system(I have all the tubes)routing air from the filters behind the grill to the turbo's. Right now there is just a screen on the turbo's so I am being real careful.

If he can't fix it the same way, then I will be swapping the intake for one from an 11-14(Chad had one clearance already and I can swap with the one from my 12)or a boss intake.

I just ordered a fuel system from Sai(he made me a heck of a deal) to run E85 with ID1000's.He will be retuning for that anyway so if I do need to swap intakes that will be a great time to do it.

Chad had said it made 610 rwhp as it is on the dyno with journal bearing turbo's and it now has the BB.
I can't wait to see how it drives once the IMRC is sorted out (one way or the other) with E85 and more boost.

Some crap cell phone pics I took.

Last edited:

Tetsubo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP TT
Any updates on the kit?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any updates on the kit?
I have the filters on and the IMRC issue has been resolved routing the vacum lines differently .
I have an eboost controller and turned the boost up to 10 psi( I have 100 octane or 93 with Torco in it just to be safe )and it feels much better .

I am installing the Sai's return fuel system and and ID injectors this week.
Sai already sent me an E70 tune( since I am sure that is what is in the pumps at this time of the year) to datalog .
I tried a straight through muffler (flowmaster outlaws) and it was loud and sounded awful .My hellion car sounds awesome with the kooks straight through so I am thinking it is the headers giving it that hollow sound I hate .
I put back the chambered Gibson mufflers but did electric Y cut outs just before the mufflers .
The Gibson mufflers sound much better and the open cutouts surprisingly sound nicer than the outlaws .
I will have it tuned with the cutouts open(less back pressure) and will likely have to do the WOT logs on the dyno .
Hoping to be able to turn up the boost with E70 and even more when I get E85 in spring( or I may just get some renegade E85 and have it all tuned at once )
I will update with dyno results .
Sponsored